EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

wow, thanks for the info pokkiedots, i've not started buying cot etc.
only bought a few pieces of baby clothes in australia... you know lah, the cute but kinda cheesy (though not cheap) Australia ones with cute koalas, kangaroos etc. need to start buying things for the hospital bag too...

cool, happy MTB! went to Paris during your 1st trimester.
my hubby & i love Paris and it was one of our honeymoon stops. but we wanted to wait a while before having our baby though I did suggest a "made in Paris" baby to him then! Ha... can imagine the relatives would be thinking - wow so fast, after wedding, immediately honeymoon baby, give ang pows until hands go soft! haha :p

i actually like raw fish... raw tuna belly, salmon belly... cutting down by a lot! yup, must go to reputable ones to eat.
in fact, better to tell them to slice fresh from the fridge & avoid those circulating around for 'dont know how long' on conveyor belts!

oh, a very funny old lady exclaimed loudly in the park this morning that nowadays govt gives a lot of $ for baby bonus, like $18k, to encourage people to give birth to baby. i was thinking - cant be so much... so went to google to find out - Baby Bonus
she has exaggerated. $18k is for the 5th & subsequent baby, and it's on a dollar-by-dollar matching, which means the parents must deposit that amount to get the "subsidy" from govt.

anyway, having kids is very much a personal / family decision... though the govt has been more pro-natal recently, it is hard to reverse the trend! you can have pro-faily policies and incentives but we are the ones who need to nurture the children and provide for them till adulthood...
compromises must be made (e.g. career, travel, freedom, time), so it's not just about giving $. companies need to be pro-family too.

anyway,

Hi everyone,

We went to Baby Hyperstore yesterday at Kaki Bukit Ave 1.

They are selling Maxi Cosi for $249 after discount (2010 colours) and $322 (2011 colours).
Is this a good deal? Anyone know anywhere cheaper than this?

AhJanz

Morning!

Mel - Im will be shopping for yao lan and playpen soon :)

Booboomum - I was at Hypermart yday but I didnt view the Maxi Cosi, only concentrating at Perego. I think 2011 models having 10% discount on some models. Actuallu I dont find them cheap, not sure if u can get better price at the upcoming Oct expo sale. Im still procastinating btw Perego and Combi.

melcochas

Hi everyone,

We went to Baby Hyperstore yesterday at Kaki Bukit Ave 1.

They are selling Maxi Cosi for $249 after discount (2010 colours) and $322 (2011 colours).
Is this a good deal? Anyone know anywhere cheaper than this?
Hello dear,

Maxi Cosi Cabrio Fix or Pebble?

Cabrio Fix for $249 is cheap.. if im nt wrg the original price was $358.

I got my Pebble at $299 from Baby Hyperstore too during Taka Fair. Original was $459.

The diff btwn the CabrioFix and Pebble is not much though.

melcochas

Morning!

Mel - Im will be shopping for yao lan and playpen soon :)

Booboomum - I was at Hypermart yday but I didnt view the Maxi Cosi, only concentrating at Perego. I think 2011 models having 10% discount on some models. Actuallu I dont find them cheap, not sure if u can get better price at the upcoming Oct expo sale. Im still procastinating btw Perego and Combi.

morning! i`m still searching for cot n playpen hehe!

princessyuki

Hi there, i've got a few stuffs to let go asap as i'm clearing space.

1. Tollyjoy Disposable Breast pads (63pcs, so its 1box and some leftovers) - Selling @ $10

2. Farlin Milk Storage Bag (20 + 2pcs) - Selling @ $10

3. Preloved Blue Anti Slip Mat - Selling @ $3

4. Similac Mum satchets ( 2x 36.5g Expiry: 091012) - Exchange for small pack of Pureen Wet wipes

5. Similac Mum satchets ( 2x 50g Expiry: 031012 & 021212) - Exchange for small pack of Pureen Wet wipes

6. Mamil MAMA ( 2x 48g Expiry: 060112 & 060612) - Exchange for small pack of Pureen Wet wipes

7. Abbott Discount Voucher (2x Similac Mum Expiry: 311211 2x Similac Expiry: 300612) - Exchange for small pack of Pureen Wet Wipes

8. Mamil MAMA Discount Voucher (1x Expiry: 311211) - Exchange for small pack of Pureen Wet Wipes

Interedted parties, pls PM.

TIA

lag

hey..havent been here for quite a while.. been busy at work.. =S

Baby been very active..did the unthinkable just now.. he did a 180 turn which cause me to shout out..coz i was stunned by his sudden movement..after i shout..baby stop moving liao..haa i think i freak him out.. oppss..

hope everyone is enjoying baby's movement ...

melcochas

hey..havent been here for quite a while.. been busy at work.. =S

Baby been very active..did the unthinkable just now.. he did a 180 turn which cause me to shout out..coz i was stunned by his sudden movement..after i shout..baby stop moving liao..haa i think i freak him out.. oppss..

hope everyone is enjoying baby's movement ...
wow! hehe i know what u mean!

i`m enjoying my baby`s movement! he`s very active nowadays which makes me feel happy hehehe!

AhJanz

ENVY!!! I only feel soft push as at 23 weeks.. seems liKe my bb not the active kind. Been praying for one hard kick! heheee..

Mel, I heard that the brand Graco for playpen is good.

pokkiedots

morning mummies! whao 180 degrees turn! your baby did a helicopter in your womb lol! cute! :)

last evening i ouch out loud in the train..cos baby suddenly kicked directly at my belly button super hard lol! i was shocked and honestly the feeling is not that good when aimed at the belly button cos it's so sensitive now..abit "high" hahaha. :shyxxx:

my baby is active only at certain periods of time..on some periods he kicks nonstop..on some he just goes totally quiet. so long as he kicks on and off throughout the day should be fine right? :)

AhJanz

hi mummies.. i have at least 3 persons commented that my legs looks swollen and i realised it is really swollen. Do u think it culd be due to too much water in take? Think i have to lift up my leg high tonight.

melcochas

morning mummies! whao 180 degrees turn! your baby did a helicopter in your womb lol! cute! :)

last evening i ouch out loud in the train..cos baby suddenly kicked directly at my belly button super hard lol! i was shocked and honestly the feeling is not that good when aimed at the belly button cos it's so sensitive now..abit "high" hahaha. :shyxxx:

my baby is active only at certain periods of time..on some periods he kicks nonstop..on some he just goes totally quiet. so long as he kicks on and off throughout the day should be fine right? :)

shud feel abt 10 kicks every four hrs? if i nt wrg hehe cos thats what online says..

Happy MTB

so let`s order online! hehe i like their services, don`t mind to pay slightly more. hehee.. they even have a video demo on how to use the sleep wrap hehee!
Yeah, but spreeing online is really addictive..haaa..now, i still go out buy bb stuff, maybe after birth i will spreee online more! Wheee!!!

pokkiedots

hi mummies.. i have at least 3 persons commented that my legs looks swollen and i realised it is really swollen. Do u think it culd be due to too much water in take? Think i have to lift up my leg high tonight.
maybe dun drink too much water at night? and yup do lift your legs high tonight..sleep with them elevated on a pillow or something. if it dun get any better or worse, becomes painful then quickly call your gynae okiee!! take care~ :)

Happy MTB

wow, thanks for the info pokkiedots, i've not started buying cot etc.
only bought a few pieces of baby clothes in australia... you know lah, the cute but kinda cheesy (though not cheap) Australia ones with cute koalas, kangaroos etc. need to start buying things for the hospital bag too...

cool, happy MTB! went to Paris during your 1st trimester.
my hubby & i love Paris and it was one of our honeymoon stops. but we wanted to wait a while before having our baby though I did suggest a "made in Paris" baby to him then! Ha... can imagine the relatives would be thinking - wow so fast, after wedding, immediately honeymoon baby, give ang pows until hands go soft! haha :p

i actually like raw fish... raw tuna belly, salmon belly... cutting down by a lot! yup, must go to reputable ones to eat.
in fact, better to tell them to slice fresh from the fridge & avoid those circulating around for 'dont know how long' on conveyor belts!

oh, a very funny old lady exclaimed loudly in the park this morning that nowadays govt gives a lot of $ for baby bonus, like $18k, to encourage people to give birth to baby. i was thinking - cant be so much... so went to google to find out - Baby Bonus
she has exaggerated. $18k is for the 5th & subsequent baby, and it's on a dollar-by-dollar matching, which means the parents must deposit that amount to get the "subsidy" from govt.

anyway, having kids is very much a personal / family decision... though the govt has been more pro-natal recently, it is hard to reverse the trend! you can have pro-faily policies and incentives but we are the ones who need to nurture the children and provide for them till adulthood...
compromises must be made (e.g. career, travel, freedom, time), so it's not just about giving $. companies need to be pro-family too.

anyway,

Hi Excited mummy, Yea, i agreed with you. its all the timing, freedom & long term commitment, nurturing etc...but i really wonder, since government are encouraging us to give birth, why must go by dollar by dollar right? how about those low income family? From what i know, the highest amount they give for first baby bonus is 6K. So those who are unable to fork out 6K will lugi..Having kids is not an easy task i would say..