EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

Reiko

Hi happy,

Actually he just mentioned it randomly. He said im still young so there's no need to test. Anyway, it's all in god's will. All god's creations are beautiful. So im not going for any tests :)

Its my first baby and hope all's well. Today is my check up. Will update! :)
Btw, any ideas how much does a 3D scan cost?
Hi mecholas

If you feel confident it's not necessary then don't need to do it :) for me my doc also said I dont need to but we just wanted to check n have the peace of mind so we went for it but now that I am seeing the costs, I kinda thought we can do without it...:p

Reiko

Hi Mecholas,

You are right, your baby is a gift of god. Everything will be fine. Hmm, i cannot remember the price for 3D but initially they will give you a price list right? The price is stated there. :) Keep us posted for your check up today!:)

BTW, all MTB, do you all feel any discomfort at the lower ab? i have that kind of heavy and bloated feeling at the lower ab there. sometimes i cannot even walk very straight cos i will have the pulling feeling from the upper ab to lower ab. aiyooo...am quite worry as am only 12 weeks & i have such symptons already. :(
I am not feeling discomfort at the lower ab...maybe you can consult ur doc at the next appt?

melcochas

Hi mecholas,

Ya. The poking fluid one is amino test. What did the doctor advise you to do?
I just went for my scan this morning. I thought i was 11w2d, but the scan showed that im 11w6d. So my edd has been pushed forward to 12 jan, which happens to be my birthday too! Hehe
I guess it changes quite often cause gynae followed CRL. Baby measured at 5.1cm now. It wasnt so active actually. Its moving the hands and sucking thumb. So amazing n cute!!

Im gg for the Oscar Test at Eastshore next week. I hope all will be okay...

melcochas

Hi Mecholas,

You are right, your baby is a gift of god. Everything will be fine. Hmm, i cannot remember the price for 3D but initially they will give you a price list right? The price is stated there. :) Keep us posted for your check up today!:)

BTW, all MTB, do you all feel any discomfort at the lower ab? i have that kind of heavy and bloated feeling at the lower ab there. sometimes i cannot even walk very straight cos i will have the pulling feeling from the upper ab to lower ab. aiyooo...am quite worry as am only 12 weeks & i have such symptons already. :(
Hi dear,

I have the same feelings too! Its normal. Mine is more like pelvic pain. I felt weak in the butt area sometimes...

melcochas

Hi mecholas

If you feel confident it's not necessary then don't need to do it :) for me my doc also said I dont need to but we just wanted to check n have the peace of mind so we went for it but now that I am seeing the costs, I kinda thought we can do without it...:p
My hubby agreed to let me go for the oscar scan next week cause doc recommend. Its expensive hor, but on the positive side, at least u know bb is ok right? Heheheh!

lag

i start to always feel hungree... is it normal??? one small pkt of biscuit ( 3 pcs ) now can only last me for 1.5 hrs before i feel hungry again..

I cannot be forever eating ley.. in office not very nice to keep on eating during non-break hours..

Happy MTB

Hi Mecholas,

I went to consult doctor about these symptons, he said is normal, its called ligament (dont know what i forgot) hee., its because our womb is expanding so our bones will expand and causes all these discomfort. I feel more worse during night time than day time, how about you? doc said our honeymoon period will be 16-18 weeks, after that the ligament thing will get worse because baby is growing bigger. Well, guess we have to bear with it, but it will not affect baby which is more important. :)

Happy MTB

Hi Reiko,

yes its worth it! When i went to see doc again, i saw my baby's leg like 'KIAO KAH"..haaa put the leg straight up & rest against me. baby even use the leg n push him/herself backward to stretch.haha amazing!! its def worth it no matter how bad the MS or expensive the price is! :) hee...Few months later, we can feel baby kicking which our hubby cannot feel! :)

Happy MTB

Hi Lag,

Dont worry, i was like this too, i kept eating in the office till my colleague gave me a weird look, another colleague even asked me why i kept eating non stop. haaaaa. she never see me putting down my snacks from morning till the end of the day...haaa. it is normal, but i think few weeks later, you should be okay, i don't feel that hungry anymore now but am HUNGER for SWEET SWEEET stuffs..OMG...haaaa..

melcochas

Hi Mecholas,

I went to consult doctor about these symptons, he said is normal, its called ligament (dont know what i forgot) hee., its because our womb is expanding so our bones will expand and causes all these discomfort. I feel more worse during night time than day time, how about you? doc said our honeymoon period will be 16-18 weeks, after that the ligament thing will get worse because baby is growing bigger. Well, guess we have to bear with it, but it will not affect baby which is more important. :)
Its called round ligament pain. Its stretchinh. Hehe but quite scary cause its somehow similar to period cramps a bit...

Happy MTB

Its called round ligament pain. Its stretchinh. Hehe but quite scary cause its somehow similar to period cramps a bit...
Ya. Hee. Thanks for telling me. I feel more like am having alot of gases inside my lower ab. Hmmm...Btw, have your tummy shows yet? Mine, i can see a small balloon already.. How about the rest of mtb?:)

melcochas

Ya. Hee. Thanks for telling me. I feel more like am having alot of gases inside my lower ab. Hmmm...Btw, have your tummy shows yet? Mine, i can see a small balloon already.. How about the rest of mtb?:)
My tummy shows a little only but my boobs are really growing like no one's biz! Heh even e gynae was like "your breast already so big??" but lucky baby is growing well despite my tummy not showing. Since we do not know when was my last menses, we could only count by CRL. And by CRL, bb is big, tts why my edd pushed forward.

What abt you?

Happy MTB

My tummy shows a little only but my boobs are really growing like no one's biz! Heh even e gynae was like "your breast already so big??" but lucky baby is growing well despite my tummy not showing. Since we do not know when was my last menses, we could only count by CRL. And by CRL, bb is big, tts why my edd pushed forward.

What abt you?

Ya my boobs getting bigger too. But think still acceptable. Am putting on weight about 1kg i think. Did you put on any weight? i got a friend who only shows her tummy on her 6mth, but her bb is bigger than what doc expected. So big or small doesnt affect bb.:) Initially my edd is 3 jan but
after the measurement is 7 jan now. I will be able to know baby gender on my next appt in july. Looking forward.:)

Hi all mummies & mummies-to-be,

I'm new to this forum. I'm 12 weeks pregnant and also seeing Dr Benjamin Tham from Thomson Medical Centre.
Have seen him 3 times. He's very patient and caring.

I have been taking multi-vitamin (with folic acid), Omega 3-6-9 (flaxseed, fish & borage oils) and calcium supplements for several weeks.
Just saw on some websites that Flaxseed & Borage Oils are not recommended for pregnant women!
I wonder if this is the reason why I'm having spotting and bleeding.
I think I should stop taking Omega 3-6-9 and just take fish oil bought recently.

He has put me on hormone supplements to stabilise during my 2nd visit.

What I just read from some websites:
"During pregnancy, flaxseed oil should not be consumed in high doses. Taking too much flaxseed oil could theoretically increase the risk of bleeding. Although little research has been conducted on flaxseed oil and pregnancy, it appears that normal amounts of the supplement are safe for pregnant women."
Pregnancy and Flaxseed Oil

"Borage oil may contain chemicals called pyrrolizidine alkaloids. These chemicals may cause organ (e.g., liver) damage. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more information before using this product. Borage oil is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before using this product. Because of the potential risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this product is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding."
BORAGE SEED OIL (Borago officinalis) - ORAL side effects, medical uses, and drug interactions.

The soles of my feet are also very painful. Whenever I stand or walk, I feel a lot of pressure on the balls of my feet and the heels too.
Some times I take the cab so that I dont have to stand in the mrt train. Find that a number of inconsiderate people, including able-bodied men, would chope the priority seats meant for elderly, people with young kids, pregnant women etc.
12 weeks pregnant - means that I dont have an obvious baby bump yet.
But I'd already bought maternity clothes since Week 8! Have not started wearing them though.

Have put on a few kilos. Appetite swings between good & bad. Feel nauseous quite often but actual vomiting a couple of times.

My hubby agreed to let me go for the oscar scan next week cause doc recommend. Its expensive hor, but on the positive side, at least u know bb is ok right? Heheheh!
Hi, I have done my OSCAR scan too. Hubby said it's expensive when he heard about the cost but I think it's better to do n after explaining to him about what the test was for, he okayed.
Paid $400+ including a more detailed scan which will be done at week 20, i think.
Think it's always better to have peace of mind...

melcochas

Ya my boobs getting bigger too. But think still acceptable. Am putting on weight about 1kg i think. Did you put on any weight? i got a friend who only shows her tummy on her 6mth, but her bb is bigger than what doc expected. So big or small doesnt affect bb.:) Initially my edd is 3 jan but
after the measurement is 7 jan now. I will be able to know baby gender on my next appt in july. Looking forward.:)
I lost 4kg due to fluid loss and also due to MS. I was throwing up alot. Im 12 weeks now and still throwing up but lesser than the initial stage. I have gained 1.7kg since! Happy! Hehe!

I can only know baby gender in mid aug...
Update us dear in ur gender! :):)

melcochas

Hi all mummies & mummies-to-be,

I'm new to this forum. I'm 12 weeks pregnant and also seeing Dr Benjamin Tham from Thomson Medical Centre.
Have seen him 3 times. He's very patient and caring.

I have been taking multi-vitamin (with folic acid), Omega 3-6-9 (flaxseed, fish & borage oils) and calcium supplements for several weeks.
Just saw on some websites that Flaxseed & Borage Oils are not recommended for pregnant women!
I wonder if this is the reason why I'm having spotting and bleeding.
I think I should stop taking Omega 3-6-9 and just take fish oil bought recently.

He has put me on hormone supplements to stabilise during my 2nd visit.

What I just read from some websites:
"During pregnancy, flaxseed oil should not be consumed in high doses. Taking too much flaxseed oil could theoretically increase the risk of bleeding. Although little research has been conducted on flaxseed oil and pregnancy, it appears that normal amounts of the supplement are safe for pregnant women."
Pregnancy and Flaxseed Oil

"Borage oil may contain chemicals called pyrrolizidine alkaloids. These chemicals may cause organ (e.g., liver) damage. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more information before using this product. Borage oil is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before using this product. Because of the potential risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this product is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding."
BORAGE SEED OIL (Borago officinalis) - ORAL side effects, medical uses, and drug interactions.

The soles of my feet are also very painful. Whenever I stand or walk, I feel a lot of pressure on the balls of my feet and the heels too.
Some times I take the cab so that I dont have to stand in the mrt train. Find that a number of inconsiderate people, including able-bodied men, would chope the priority seats meant for elderly, people with young kids, pregnant women etc.
12 weeks pregnant - means that I dont have an obvious baby bump yet.
But I'd already bought maternity clothes since Week 8! Have not started wearing them though.

Have put on a few kilos. Appetite swings between good & bad. Feel nauseous quite often but actual vomiting a couple of times.
Hello!

Well im just taking mum2b prenatal vit and nothingbelse cause all is in the prenatals. So far so good. Ive stop duphaston since there're no more brown spots when i wiped. But my ms is still around. Hehe

Pain on ur sole? Dis u check with doc?

melcochas

Hi, I have done my OSCAR scan too. Hubby said it's expensive when he heard about the cost but I think it's better to do n after explaining to him about what the test was for, he okayed.
Paid $400+ including a more detailed scan which will be done at week 20, i think.
Think it's always better to have peace of mind...
Mine is on tuesday! We'll see how it goes...

Hi melcochas,

Where do u get the mum2b prental vit? from your doc?
it's so comprehensive that it has everything?
Hv told doc abt painful soles n swollen feet.
He said cos of extra weight n pressure etc, will get worse subsequently.
i wear bedroom slippers at home to cushion.

Oh the incentive package incl discounts for the wards too? I didn't know that, if it is then it is quite worth to sign the package. Do you know how much is the discount?

My gynae is bernardette Yvonne soong, have been reading that her charges are slightly higher so wanted to check with other mtbs. She told me it is compulsory for 1st time dad to get their blood tested, is it true? Anyone's hubb had/going for blood test?

Does the $300 which u paid incl the 20th wk detailed scanning? Mine does not.
I didn't know about the incentive package First Baby membership will allow discount for OSCAR scan?
Anyway I paid $400+ for the OSCAR scan, blood test & 20wk detailed scanning.

My baby was rather active and didnt want to stay put in a position for the senior radiographer to scan and take the measurements.
The senior radiographer asked me if my muscles are painful if she pressed hard. I said ok. She said if I feel the urge to go to the bathroom, just tell her. She is nice. Kareen Bock. After she shook the probe gently on my belly for a while to nudge my baby, then my baby eventually decided to be more co-operative. So glad that it took less than 1 hour for the OSCAR scan n blood test to be over.