EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

Hi there,
We offer premium and edible bird's nest from Indonesia at an affordable price to you.
With 20 over years of experience in supplying to various countries including US, Canada, Hong Kong and Singapore, we now would like to bring our products closer to our end customers at an affordable price.

We have a guaranteed quality for our products of free from chemical or other harmful substances. We have supplied various well-known companies across Singapore and now would like to bring our products to our customers.

All our products are readily available in Singapore. Do visit our Facebook page below.
Our minimum order quantity is 100g and I will be more than willing to show our product. Do contact me at 82304337, Dedi Setiawan. In terms of pricing, we can guarantee that we can give you the best price for a premium quality product since no middle man is involved here. Many thanks

Bird's nest station | Facebook

I wanted to do do but I back to my hometown in Malaysia to continue my confinement coz my mum who help me to do confinement want to go back hometown. No lactation consultant in my hometown also. I plan to call to get advise 1st.
I decided to see a lactation consultant coz' my baby could not latch on properly.
I was almost going to giving up on feeding baby with breastmilk. He was already on formula milk due to my MIL's insistence.
Initially it was only cup feeding in hospital. MIL said shld use bottle but I didnt want nipple confusion.
Anyway, I'm feeding my baby expressed breastmilk 3 to 4 times a day. The other times, he is on formula.
I was given motilum by my gynae due to my request in the hospital after I delivered... but i stopped the medication after 3 days as hubby & MIL think that the medication would cross over to breastmilk. Actually only very trace amounts. It's safe according to American Pediatrician Association (as stated in Mrs Wong Boh Boi's book on breastfeeding)...
I've not started on fenugreek yet though my doc did suggest that to me 1st before i requested to be given medication.
Actually, I had an induction at week 39 as I was having the brownish muscus discharge for a few days. The 3rd day, it was quite a lot, and I felt the contractions. Went to see gynae and already dilated 1cm, so I decided to induce, rather than wait. Initially I didnt want to have an epidural and put up with the contractions for 9 hrs, until I decided to just go for the epidural.

Food For Totz

<b>Worthy Lady</b>
Looking for reliable and good quality breastmilk storage bags? Look no further, we, the sole distributor of Nanny Breastmilk Storage Bags, has a business listing here in mummysg :

Check out our promotion :

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/best-quality-most-economical-breastmilk-storage-bags-nanny-60406/

Our milk bags are value for money and materials used are of high grade to ensure the freshness and nutrients of the expressed breast milk are retained. It is user-friendly...mums' favourite to hassle-free breastmilk storage :)

Jenni

Hi,

Any mummies jus deliver at Mt A? Heard that Mt A have some Renovation going on, is it very nosie? I would like to book Mt A 4 bedded but i scare very nosie, My Edd at 29 June 2012, heard that the Renovation will ended by mid of june is it correct? Need advise before i can confirm booking with my gynea... I perfer Mt A then TMC..

mrswan

Dear mummies,

Helping my friend to sell her pram that used for just 2 months. Graco Alano Flip It pram with car seat directly from US, selling at $400. This design no longer selling in SG, She bought at $600+.

Model: Graco Alano Flip It
Condition: 9/10

Pls PM me if interested, thank you.

Graco Alano Flip It.jpg

Hi,

Any mummies jus deliver at Mt A? Heard that Mt A have some Renovation going on, is it very nosie? I would like to book Mt A 4 bedded but i scare very nosie, My Edd at 29 June 2012, heard that the Renovation will ended by mid of june is it correct? Need advise before i can confirm booking with my gynea... I perfer Mt A then TMC..
I don't know if Mt A is having a renovation... but my dad said the rooms in Mt A are better than TMC. I chose TMC coz my gynae is based in TMC. When I delivered my baby in early Jan, TMC was having renovation! It was noisy! Thank goodness there was no single room available when I warded, and stayed in a 2-bedded. If it was single room, it wld not be worth paying for the noise.

Jenni

I don't know if Mt A is having a renovation... but my dad said the rooms in Mt A are better than TMC. I chose TMC coz my gynae is based in TMC. When I delivered my baby in early Jan, TMC was having renovation! It was noisy! Thank goodness there was no single room available when I warded, and stayed in a 2-bedded. If it was single room, it wld not be worth paying for the noise.
ok thanks, will still book Mt A, heard Mt A is also under reno but no noise...

How are the Jan Mummies doing? Keeping up with taking care of baby, breastfeeding etc?
Managed to go out with hubby this afternoon to buy things for baby - a mobile for his cot, new 1m+ teats, grocery etc.
As I'm partially feeding my baby with expressed breast milk, I felt so engorged when I didnt express my milk while I'm out.
It will be good if my baby can latch on me well, but... sigh... Often, I feel upset that I cant let my baby feed directly from my breasts due to nipple issues... inverted & sore nipples. even pumping make me sore too. Only pumping abt 4 or 5 times a day.
Despite pumping for 30 min, some times i get only 40ml. During good times, I can get 120ml. But the supply seems erraitic.
Think I shld start taking fenugreek.
During my baby's full month celebration, I had friends who asked me why I was not breastfeeding whe they saw me giving baby formula feeds. Sigh... I had wanted total breastfeeding... just told hem that not enough & I do partial. actually in hospital, i had wanted to. but MIL insisted on baby having formula and when baby came home, she insisted on having bottle feed...
I was very crushed and disappointed. With the post-natal blues and hormones, I kept crying... till now, i must say at times, I still feel that if many other mummies can breastfeed their babies totally & naturally via latch on, why can't I?
Hubby comforts me in saying that baby has the best of both worlds - antibodies from my EBM, and consistent nutrients form formula, and that with partial, I can get to rest while others help to feed baby...
I must say pumping is time-consuming... it will be good if i could feed baby directly the bonding, the skin-to-skin contact, the time spent together rather than with an electric pump... so different.

Any mummies willing to share your experiences and how you keep up with the demands of feeding baby with your milk?

clap

My baby girl was born prematurely, and had to spend time in NICU, so I had no chance to breastfeed her until we came home. When she came home, my milk supply went up (well, along with sorer nipples) with the increased frequency of feeding (vs pumping).

I was determined to go exclusive, but recently her appetite shot up, and I wasn't able to keep up with her (she keeps crying for more milk and she unlatches from breast), so I had no choice but to bottle feed formula to compensate, or I'm afraid she might dehydrate or go hungry :(

To increase my supply, while she bottle feeds, I pump. After she BF, I pump. When she BF one side, I pump the other side. Basically, just pump pump pump when she isn't feeding. This has increased my milk supply.

I usually pump 15 min only, because that's when most milk already pumped out.
30 min quite long, does it worsen sore nipples? What brand of pump are you using?

clap

Congrats jhston!

When tummy has wind, must help to relieve, or baby will keep crying! (at least mine did)
Try Ruyi oil, massaging the tummy to relieve gas (clockwise circles).

Hiccups are normal, but could be a sign that baby wasn't burped properly... especially when baby pukes milk.
Other times when baby cries a lot, causes air to be swallowed, and resulting in hiccups.

Hi Clap,

Wow! You're really determined! Very good...
So does that mean you increase frequency since you only pump 15 min per time? How many times do you pump?
My milk supply is erratic. Mornings are best - yesterday I even hit a record high of 150ml! So happy! But afternoons and nites, the amount goes down to 90ml or even lesser... 40-50ml. Mornings, I can hit 90ml within 15min. But other times, I have to pump 30min. Not sure if it's bcos I didnt massage my breasts enough. I know I cant keep up with baby... Only having 300+ to 400+ml from my pumping. Record high was 490ml.

I'm using Philips single electric pump. My breasts are heavy. One side inverted nipple, the other side large nipple. Baby could latch on the large nipple when he was a newborn... the other side I was advised to pump. But very sore nipple as I was trying to bf him on one side and my positioning was not correct & his mouth was small... Even pumping 4-5 times a day, at abt 30 min each time gives me sore nipple for the large one! It fits the centre of the flannel just nicely... so abrasion at times from the constant pulling of pumping.

Shiawase

How are the Jan Mummies doing? Keeping up with taking care of baby, breastfeeding etc?
Managed to go out with hubby this afternoon to buy things for baby - a mobile for his cot, new 1m+ teats, grocery etc.
As I'm partially feeding my baby with expressed breast milk, I felt so engorged when I didnt express my milk while I'm out.
It will be good if my baby can latch on me well, but... sigh... Often, I feel upset that I cant let my baby feed directly from my breasts due to nipple issues... inverted & sore nipples. even pumping make me sore too. Only pumping about 4 or 5 times a day.
Despite pumping for 30 min, some times i get only 40ml. During good times, I can get 120ml. But the supply seems erraitic.
Think I shld start taking fenugreek.
During my baby's full month celebration, I had friends who asked me why I was not breastfeeding whe they saw me giving baby formula feeds. Sigh... I had wanted total breastfeeding... just told hem that not enough & I do partial. actually in hospital, i had wanted to. but mother in law insisted on baby having formula and when baby came home, she insisted on having bottle feed...
I was very crushed and disappointed. With the post-natal blues and hormones, I kept crying... till now, i must say at times, I still feel that if many other mummies can breastfeed their babies totally & naturally via latch on, why can't I?
Hubby comforts me in saying that baby has the best of both worlds - antibodies from my EBM, and consistent nutrients form formula, and that with partial, I can get to rest while others help to feed baby...
I must say pumping is time-consuming... it will be good if i could feed baby directly the bonding, the skin-to-skin contact, the time spent together rather than with an electric pump... so different.

Any mummies willing to share your experiences and how you keep up with the demands of feeding baby with your milk?
Hi Excited Mummy,

You are not alone! I am also unable to bf my baby directly... both breasts have flat nipples and my baby was premature, so i was not able to latch on when he was born... no matter how i try to latch him, even the lactation consultant advised me to pump instead... i started pumping 2nd day in hospital and from then consistently pumping 6 to 7 times a day, about 3 to 4 hrs apart... if you wanna increase your supply, it is probably better to pump more frequently rather than long hours... initially i also pumped 30 mins but i tried to shorten the time to 15 - 20 mins and see not much difference in volume... as long as i see that the milk is not flowing so much and almost stop dripping, i would stop pumping... try to take more fish and maybe fenugreek?

i am also very sad that i could not breastfeed directly as my other friends did not seem to have prob latching.. when they see me feeding baby with bottle, they tot i was feeding formula... how i wish i could latch him and it would save the time of sitting down in front of the pump and save him from crying as i warm the milk... :( wonder if i could still try to "train" him to latch as he is now 6 weeks old already...

Gracecwz

Hey mummies,

Im a may 2012 mum, just wanted to get more info from "experienced" voices. Confinement cannot touch water right. Then do u still wash your face twice daily as per normal? Dun wash will get oily and have pimple n white heads right? How about private parts?

Hey mummies,

Im a may 2012 mum, just wanted to get more info from "experienced" voices. Confinement cannot touch water right. Then do u still wash your face twice daily as per normal? Dun wash will get oily and have pimple n white heads right? How about private parts?
Actually it really depends on whether you want to observe the practices so strictly... these practices had their origins in China which has different climatic conditions etc as Singapore. If it's winter, of course we should not touch the icy cold water so much. However, in hot & humid Spore, not washing face & showering is really uncomfortable.

I showered on the day after I delivered. My gynae also advised me to wash the vagina with water everyday so that the episiotomy wound is kept clean and can heal well. I didnt wash my hair everyday but every other day. I showered. In fact, my hubby complained that I smell of sweat & milk... Gosh! My mum bought some ready made herbal packs from TCM shop which I used, though not all the time.

Hi Excited Mummy,

You are not alone! I am also unable to bf my baby directly... both breasts have flat nipples and my baby was premature, so i was not able to latch on when he was born... no matter how i try to latch him, even the lactation consultant advised me to pump instead... i started pumping 2nd day in hospital and from then consistently pumping 6 to 7 times a day, about 3 to 4 hrs apart... if you wanna increase your supply, it is probably better to pump more frequently rather than long hours... initially i also pumped 30 mins but i tried to shorten the time to 15 - 20 mins and see not much difference in volume... as long as i see that the milk is not flowing so much and almost stop dripping, i would stop pumping... try to take more fish and maybe fenugreek?

i am also very sad that i could not breastfeed directly as my other friends did not seem to have prob latching.. when they see me feeding baby with bottle, they tot i was feeding formula... how i wish i could latch him and it would save the time of sitting down in front of the pump and save him from crying as i warm the milk... :( wonder if i could still try to "train" him to latch as he is now 6 weeks old already...
Hi Shiawase,

Thank you for sharing. Jiayou, mummy! Indeed it's not as easy as what I had thought.
I have just started taking fenugreek supplements and the milk flow has improved.
Increased pumping to 5 or 6 times a day. Recently, my Philips Avent single electric pump is getting cranky! It tends to stop rather often during my pumping... the power just goes off and I have to try to turn it on again and again and again...
This morning, I am so happy I managed to hit a record high of 160ml in a single pumping session... but after that, the flow went down to 80 / 90ml during next few sessions... Sigh... warming the milk up is also a guess game. Some times I warm it up in anticipation that baby will be hungry but he isn't... actually it's not good to warm it up a 2nd time but to throw the breastmilk away is such a waste!! Some times too slow to warm up & baby is crying... so give baby a little bit to soothe him first while waiting for the rest to be warmed...

How often do you sterilise your breastpump? I am using Philips Avent steriliser for the teats, bottles & breastpump... but as I have 4 bottles for baby, i only sterilise the breastpump after i use it twice, within 4 hours or so. is it ok? or shld i be sterilising it after every use? I read from a website that direct latch on is best as some good things are lost as they are stuck onto the breastpump & bottles... but expressed breast milk is 2nd best to direct breastfeeding...

Some breastmilk is better than none, right? So we should persevere and jiayou for the sakes of our babies! :D
Best wishes to all mummies!

cupcakemum

Hi to all Jan mummies! I hope you and your little ones are healthy and happy!

My EDD is on May 1st and would appreciate some advice from you ladies.. thanks!

Regarding epidural, I read that it might slow down the labour progress or make it harder to push. Baby might also be sleepy and have difficulty latching on after that.

For mummies who have used epi, what is your opinion on this? I'm a first timer and hope to hear from you. :)

lag

I had epidural.. i cannot imagine going through labour without it.. i dont think i can tahan the pain.. I am not sure about the slow down labour progress part as my labour is still okie.. abt 8~9hrs bah..which is normal for 1st timer..
Regarding baby latching or baby sleepy.. i dont think epi has any effect on that..at least not for my baby..

Hi to all Jan mummies! I hope you and your little ones are healthy and happy!

My EDD is on May 1st and would appreciate some advice from you ladies.. thanks!

Regarding epidural, I read that it might slow down the labour progress or make it harder to push. Baby might also be sleepy and have difficulty latching on after that.

For mummies who have used epi, what is your opinion on this? I'm a first timer and hope to hear from you. :)
Like 'lag', I also decided to have an epidural. Initially I was going thru the contractions w/o it... from midnight to about 8+am.
Then decided to have it as I felt the urge to push though the nurses have not told me to do so. I felt the contractions getting more frequent & stronger... initially I wanted to be gungho & not take it. I don't think it slows down my labour progress. At 11am, I was told that my cervix had dilated to 10cm & I could push. I pushed and pushed but baby's head was a bit too high. So i had vaccum cup assisted delivery by gynae. I don't think epidural made my baby sleepy.

I had breakfast before the epidural was given to me. But I didnt have lunch.

The epidural made me vomit some time after the delivery. I was asked not to eat till some time later, but I was so hungry... didnt have lunch. I tried to drink the soup but ended up vomiting it out... vomited twice, even the greenish liquid from my system...