EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

lag

went for my oscar scan last sat.. quite amazing..able to see my baby limbs and see how he/she float inside his/her private swimming pool..

suggestion for those going for oscar scan..try to go in the morning..reason being it is necessary to scan the baby is some specific position to get the reading so alot depends on how cooperative is the baby.. mine took a while.. haa

Happy MTB

Hi Lag,

Haha. I went early in the morning about 8 plus. when they are doing the scanning, my baby is still sleeping.And the lady used the scanner and shake my tummy, but my baby still do not want to wake up. So funny, so i have to go take blood test first and come back for the scan again. This time while i was waiting, i asked my baby to wake up haaaa..finally when i went back for the scan, baby was awake! Amazing..this is so so cute. I think go early morning is good, because i can see more people coming in later. Hey Lag, did the nurse press your tummy very hard? cos she pressed mine very hard till i feel abit painful.

lag

okie lah..not soo painful..still acceptable.. but i think the action irriates my baby coz he/she "jump" a few times.. it is quite cute..looking at how my baby trying to "siam" the nurse's action..

Happy MTB

is it? aiyo so cute leh..clever baby... hee..i never really see so clearly, the nurse turn the monitor towards me but my angle not very good leh. haaa. nevermind, we still have a detailed scan. hee that one must see! haa.

Reiko

Hi all, nice to see other mtb.

My #1 will be a Jan baby too. I had my Oscar test last week and was so thrilled to see my baby sliding and waving hands at us. Thank God the baby was at the right position for the measurements so our whole appt incl blood test was only 45mins; My gynae was still prep us for a half day affair!

Btw those who went for Oscar n blood test, how much did you pay? I paid $300 at Thomson Medical Center and another $100 at my gynae which incl blood test for my hubb. Anyone have the same experience, can share?

melcochas

Im going for my scan tomorrow to double confirm whether i should go for the down syndrome test. I heard it's quite risky? Share anyone?

Happy MTB

Im going for my scan tomorrow to double confirm whether i should go for the down syndrome test. I heard it's quite risky? Share anyone?
Hi Melcochas,

Oscar scan is not risky, the risky one is the amino test. You going for which one? Usually amino test is for those 35 years old one, or those who went for oscar scan but have it tested high risk, then they will go for Amino test.

melcochas

Hi Melcochas,

Oscar scan is not risky, the risky one is the amino test. You going for which one? Usually amino test is for those 35 years old one, or those who went for oscar scan but have it tested high risk, then they will go for Amino test.

Oh! I thought oscar test is risky cause they poke the amniotic fluid. So thats called amino test?
Im not sure if im going for any tests tmr. Or prolly just regular check up. Im 11.5 weeks now.

Yonghui

Hi mummies!

Just went for my oscar test this morning, glad it went quite smoothly and i got a patient nurse (happened to be called nicole seah =P).
The process was quite painless and comfortable (so no worries), except for the 5 tubes of blood drawn which scared me a little.

Really cute to see my baby rubbing his/her nose and jumping! Also relieved to see that my baby is growing healthily at a good rate, now 5.5cm long
Realised my baby was actually very guai and cooperative cos we got the scan done pretty soon =)

melcochas

Hi mummies!

Just went for my oscar test this morning, glad it went quite smoothly and i got a patient nurse (happened to be called nicole seah =P).
The process was quite painless and comfortable (so no worries), except for the 5 tubes of blood drawn which scared me a little.

Really cute to see my baby rubbing his/her nose and jumping! Also relieved to see that my baby is growing healthily at a good rate, now 5.5cm long
Realised my baby was actually very guai and cooperative cos we got the scan done pretty soon =)
Glad all's well for u! How far along are you now?

Yonghui

Hi Reiko,

I paid ard $300 for the oscar too. Got a slight 105 discount after signing up for the thomson first born incentive package which they recommended. Paid $148 for the 2 yr subscription to the package that is ok, considering the other discounts for the ward and other pre-natal classes + a bag of freebies.

I paid more for the blood & urine test though ($155) and it doesn't include my hubby's blood test. Who's your gynae btw?
Mine's Dr WK Tan
Hi all, nice to see other mtb.

My #1 will be a Jan baby too. I had my Oscar test last week and was so thrilled to see my baby sliding and waving hands at us. Thank God the baby was at the right position for the measurements so our whole appt incl blood test was only 45mins; My gynae was still prep us for a half day affair!

Btw those who went for Oscar n blood test, how much did you pay? I paid $300 at Thomson Medical Center and another $100 at my gynae which incl blood test for my hubb. Anyone have the same experience, can share?

Reiko

Hi Reiko,

I paid around $300 for the oscar too. Got a slight 105 discount after signing up for the thomson first born incentive package which they recommended. Paid $148 for the 2 yr subscription to the package that is ok, considering the other discounts for the ward and other pre-natal classes + a bag of freebies.

I paid more for the blood & urine test though ($155) and it doesn't include my hubby's blood test. Who's your gynae btw?
Mine's Dr WK Tan
Oh the incentive package incl discounts for the wards too? I didn't know that, if it is then it is quite worth to sign the package. Do you know how much is the discount?

I read that my gynae charges are slightly higher so wanted to check with other mtbs. She told me it is compulsory for 1st time dad to get their blood tested, is it true? Anyone's hubb had/going for blood test?

Does the $300 which u paid incl the 20th wk detailed scanning? Mine does not.

Last edited:

Happy MTB

Hi

Reiko. I paid mine about 400+. it is included the detailed scan already. My hubby do not need to draw blood, i dun think is compulsory cos all my friend's hubby did not draw blood also leh.

melcochas

Hi mecholas,

Ya. The poking fluid one is amino test. What did the doctor advise you to do?
Hi happy,

Actually he just mentioned it randomly. He said im still young so there's no need to test. Anyway, it's all in god's will. All god's creations are beautiful. So im not going for any tests :)

Its my first baby and hope all's well. Today is my check up. Will update! :)
Btw, any ideas how much does a 3D scan cost?

Spreema

Just went for my Oscar scan over the weekend :) Gynae measured the neck fold (dark line behind baby's neck) - i think this measurement combined with the blood test will give the risk factor of Down Syndrome. If it's thing like 0.2 to 1 cm should be ok. If it's thick like say 6cm, then might be of concern.

Saw my baby's sudden squirming and curling, so cute! Results were out and risk is low, so everything's ok! Paid about $400+ for both detailed scan and blood test. If I were to include her consultation fees and supplements for the 2nd trimester, then it all added up to $500+, gosh!

Happy MTB

Hi Mecholas,

You are right, your baby is a gift of god. Everything will be fine. Hmm, i cannot remember the price for 3D but initially they will give you a price list right? The price is stated there. :) Keep us posted for your check up today!:)

BTW, all MTB, do you all feel any discomfort at the lower ab? i have that kind of heavy and bloated feeling at the lower ab there. sometimes i cannot even walk very straight cos i will have the pulling feeling from the upper ab to lower ab. aiyooo...am quite worry as am only 12 weeks & i have such symptons already. :(

Reiko

Hi

Reiko. I paid mine about 400+. it is included the detailed scan already. My hubby do not need to draw blood, i dun think is compulsory cos all my friend's hubby did not draw blood also leh.
Seems like my bills are more expensive :( I think I will ask the doc at the next appt why my hubb needs the blood test. As she said it was a must for first time dads so we wasn't given a choice to opt out.

Reiko

Just went for my Oscar scan over the weekend :) Gynae measured the neck fold (dark line behind baby's neck) - i think this measurement combined with the blood test will give the risk factor of Down Syndrome. If it's thing like 0.2 to 1 cm should be ok. If it's thick like say 6cm, then might be of concern.

Saw my baby's sudden squirming and curling, so cute! Results were out and risk is low, so everything's ok! Paid about $400+ for both detailed scan and blood test. If I were to include her consultation fees and supplements for the 2nd trimester, then it all added up to $500+, gosh!
Yup when we saw the baby squirming inside...we went awww so cute. Hee... Like all the MS is worth it after seeing this lil one so active :)
That's why everyone's saying it's expensive to have a baby in sg...and this is the initial cost of having children. But well...I m sure it's all worth it :)