EDD Jan 2013

FirstTimeDad

Finally, we've 'Year 2013 Mummy'.
My wife EDD is between 11-16 Jan 2013. She's seeing A/Prof Han.

1st appointment at KKH, A/Prof Han said ultrasound can't see much, so based on last MC, EDD is 11 Jan 2013.
2nd appointment at KKH, A/Prof Han said based on ultrasound, EDD should be 16 Jan 2013.
He said 3rd appointment(26 June @ TPS) will confirmed EDD... ...

crystaloves

Finally, we've 'Year 2013 Mummy'.
My wife EDD is between 11-16 Jan 2013. She's seeing A/Prof Han.

1st appointment at KKH, A/Prof Han said ultrasound can't see much, so based on last MC, EDD is 11 Jan 2013.
2nd appointment at KKH, A/Prof Han said based on ultrasound, EDD should be 16 Jan 2013.
He said 3rd appointment(26 June @ TPS) will confirmed EDD... ...
Hi Firsttimedad,

Based on your wife edd i think you should see something more by now although it depends on luck... my edd is on 20th Jan which is later than your wife.. i manage to see a flickering heart beat and confirmed on my edd.... no fret... updates alright hahehe

senscgal

Congrats!! My edd is 25th Jan 2013 based on the embryo/foetus size. Sometimes confused abt the edd but the u/s determines the edd based on the embryo's size.

crystaloves

Congrats!! My edd is 25th Jan 2013 based on the embryo/foetus size. Sometimes confused abt the edd but the u/s determines the edd based on the embryo's size.
Hi Senscgal, yeah thats what my doc say too.... im now in my 10th weeks... you should be in your 9 weeks le lo! ... so excited right... heheh... my little xiao fat was like facing me during my scan not like the usual side scan... how cute... hehe...

crystaloves

Hi,

Which week did you went for a gynae appt? they did internal or external scan?
hmm depends on how kiasu u are... i confirmed my pregnancy at week 4... then from there finding suitable place for my checks... until now i sticking to NUH under subsidy... depends on individual... you pregnant le???

l0r3tTa

Thanks crsystaloves.

I was tested positive with home preg test thou...

Should be around 5 weeks now. am not sure if i should see gynae this weekend or wait for 7 weeks.

crystaloves

Thanks crsystaloves.

I was tested positive with home preg test thou...

Should be around 5 weeks now. am not sure if i should see gynae this weekend or wait for 7 weeks.
Congrats loretta! haha... do u prefer private or under subsidised from government hospitals? if you want private you can go anytime from now to confirm and doctor will give you medicine... if you wanna subsidised, please go to polyclinic soonest and ask for a referral then they will arrange an appointment accordingly to your requested hospital. Subsidised patients would not be able to choose doctor... but private can, so please do consider alright? hope my infos help.. hope your little beanie is well! hehe

Dragontail

My EDD is 14Jan. Now I'm looking forward to my end of 1st trime so that I know the pregnancy is kinda stable. A peace of mind. It will be 8 July. Soon! :)

The journey from knowing I'm pregnant till now is just so amazing. It has changed a lot on my life's perspective. And I can't wait to receive how this new world will be....

Congrats all you great mothers-to-be.

senscgal

Hi Senscgal, yeah thats what my doc say too.... im now in my 10th weeks... you should be in your 9 weeks le lo! ... so excited right... heheh... my little xiao fat was like facing me during my scan not like the usual side scan... how cute... hehe...

Crystaloves: I'm 10 weeks today! Yay!! M so proud each time I reach to a full week ;P

Lor3tta : It usually depends on the gynae you are seeing. Some prefer to see you earlier, others later. I had mine an internal scan at 6 weeks since I conceive through IVF (gynae considers it high-risk). I have to see him every 2-3 weeks instead of once a month. I am due for my third scan next Tuesday (3rd July). So far it's all been internal scans. It's great to see the U/S and hear the baby's hb :)

Dragontail : I can't wait for my first trimester to be over too! Less worries! I'm a bit paranoid at times.. and yes, for the m/s and nausea to go away.... sigh~

Dragontail

I switched gynae and my new gynae 1st visit was at almost 11weeks. I am scheduled to see him again at my 18weeks. I got 7weeks break! I read usually one can detect gender at maybe 15weeks or so? I guess I will live with the suspense for awhile more :p

I'm doing my Oscar scan on 4July. The Oscar blood test has already been done. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I also read that 2nd trime is the most "enjoyable" phase of a pregnancy. As I'm trying to be extra careful during this 1st trime, I only eat and sleep. Haa! Next week I will resume my sports like swimming and brisk walk in evening. I'm tired of feeling tired all the time!

l0r3tTa

Senscgal: Thank you for sharing. Btw, I am still weight training and running..intending not to stop, unless m/s takes over my body...hahaha..but I will not want that to happen of cos..

I will be seeing gynae 4th July, should be 6 weeks by then..

Jia you all mummies..

pollie

hiya, i'm new to this forum and a first time mom-to-be! i'm 10 weeks along now, cant wait to get over with first trimester and all the m/s!

senscgal

Just realised that when I type short form for "embryo ultrasound" = you/S and "baby's heartbeat" = baby's husband!!!

Dragontail : What is exactly involved in OSCAR? Would you recommend me taking the whole day off instead of returning back to work.. not sure if it takes a while for the processing & waiting. I will be doing my OSCAR at TMC. No physical exercise so far.. besides the daily walk to get lunch during work days in the hot heat. ;P Might consider starting on yoga again after 12 weeks.

Dragontail

Congrats too pollie.

senscgal, I was actually grinning myself silly when I thought you mistakenly typed "husband" when I think you meant "heartbeat". LOL.

Oscar tests are nothing invasive. Only draw blood and a different kind of ultrasound scan than our normal gynae visit (I don't know exactly how as I've not gone to this one yet). I dont think you need to take a day off, unless you anticipate the queue wait is gonna be long. My first visit at KKH was considered fast so I reckon my Oscar scan appointment shouldnt take long either. I was told by the nurse that by the time I do the scan (next week), I will know my Oscar test result at the same time. So anxious....

I feel so tired everyday since my 6 weeks. Daily nap is a must. No nap no talk!

senscgal

Thanks for the heads up Dragontail :) I resceduled my Oscar till the 21st July as I will be traveling with hubby to KL this week. Hopefully, the 4hours drive will not induce any vomitting or serious nausea.

I had an ultrasound last thursday.. my first abdominal ultrasound at 11 weeks. The ultrasound was not as clear as the vaginal ones but oh well.. Heartbeat at 186 beats per minute... Wondering if this is a normal range..

Ladies, what's your babies' hearbeat?

Dragontail

My fetus heartbeat was at 158bpm. Yours and mine are considered normal range. It all depends on the baby's state at the point too (resting/stressed/etc). Did you see your baby moved? Mine was "jumping" a lot!

My OSCAR scan turned out normal. But blood test is not. Me and my hubby have decided we are going to skip the invasive tests.

Sometime next month, I'll be having the FA scan at my 20weeks.

FirstTimeDad

3rd appointment (11 weeks) at KKHospital (The Private Suite), A/Prof Han said based on ultrasound, EDD is confirmed on 16 Jan 2013. Finally, this time can see the Baby full body-shape. My wife feedbacked to A/P Han that her morning sickness is really bad that those prenatal pills he prescribed her, all vomited out after a while. He stopped her prenatal pills (folic acid + Vit B6), instead prescribed her ‘Promethazine Theoclate’. (Promethazine Theoclate - Forthe prevention and relief of Travel Sickness and general nausea).

4[SUP]th[/SUP] appointment (12 weeks) at KKHospital (Antenatal Diagnostic Center-Level 2), FirstTrimester Screening for Down syndrome consists of Ultrasound and Blood Test. Wow, my very first time to see the Baby for so long on the screen and also hear Baby's heartbeats(but didn’t noticed beat/min). Yes, you can see Baby moves alot, a great experience for me, so all Daddy-To-Be, must accompany your wife to this screening. After the Ultrasound, the Prenatal Consultant told us the Ultrasound scan results are okay, but we still need to wait for the blood test results. Looking forward to our next appointment, which is on 24 July (15 weeks), so we can know what the final result of the screening.

Last edited: