EDD Jan 2014

Missy10

Detailed scan 10 Sept

No cutting of nails on bed, no using of scissors on bed, no moving of furniture, no drilling in the bedroom you sleep in....

Not to say pantang, but why must cut things on bed? Right??

babytazz

I still go to temper to visit ancestors but I avoided tombs / crematorium.
For me, I find the drilling and noises irritating so I moved away.. Not so much of pantang. I was also using scissors on my bed as usual.. Just that mil didn't notice and I didn't think too much on the pantang stuff.

BbpHir3

babytazz:816511 said:
I still go to temper to visit ancestors but I avoided tombs / crematorium.
For me, I find the drilling and noises irritating so I moved away.. Not so much of pantang. I was also using scissors on my bed as usual.. Just that mil didn't notice and I didn't think too much on the pantang stuff.
i went lim chu kang cemetry at night with my hub temple mates at bout 8weeks lei.. but i stayed in the car n paint my nails.. lololol!!!

BbpHir3

Missy10:816509 said:
Detailed scan 10 Sept

No cutting of nails on bed, no using of scissors on bed, no moving of furniture, no drilling in the bedroom you sleep in....

Not to say pantang, but why must cut things on bed? Right??
that time i cut on the bed cuz nowhere in the room i can lean my back except on the bed.. and i dont like sit on the floor and do.. hahaha..

BbpHir3

I think all hospital will charge for the fm.

As in like isn't it in the package?
we wun see the charges, like they wun charge by per bottle right? N it is medisave claimable..
So it doesn't really matter to the hospital whether we fees BM or fm right?

As in like isn't it in the package?
we wun see the charges, like they wun charge by per bottle right? N it is medisave claimable..
So it doesn't really matter to the hospital whether we fees BM or fm right?
For Mt. Alvernia, it's not included in the package since they said the gov't would like to promote bf to mommies. On the charge, if i remember correctly, it's per bottle, it's like a dollar per bottle if i remember correctly.

BbpHir3

For Mt. Alvernia, it's not included in the package since they said the gov't would like to promote bf to mommies. On the charge, if i remember correctly, it's per bottle, it's like a dollar per bottle if i remember correctly.
So I think most hospital will be doing the same right?

babytazz

Blurtazy: not so sure on moving hse. But u definately wun be shifting this mth right? 7th mth now. I only know we r not suppose to move big items at home especially our own bed. As mine is storage bed, if I need to get some stuff I need to lift up bed. I try not to do n didn't do so far. Was told if I really need get smth den I go out of room or house den hubby ownself get it. . I believe shifting small thing like clothes frm 1 place to another is fine. Actually it also most depend on what the elders at ur hse says to u. Weather r they pantang not.

Aniway any ladies started to feel baby kicks? If yes how many weeks?

Im at 17th week now but no feeling yet haha.
When I lie down, sometimes at some positions, can feel something moving in tummy. I was thinking if it's baby rotating.

illuz

Very upset why so much pantang. I'm not superstitious type but my parents super superstitious. I wanted so much to do up the nursery, clear up room, rearrange furniture now that I'm still able to (tummy not that big yet and now 2nd tri I feel quite like normal). But they say cannot! Even install baby cot must wait until I give birth. My husband definately will be in hospital with me by then. So who's going to accomplish mission impossible the 2 days I'm in hospital? So upset.. :(

babytazz

Medisave has limits to claims amount per day. So if the fm charges added in doesn't exceed, should be able to consider it under that claim. But if have to top up in cash, then I guess we have to pay fm in cash.

babytazz

illuz: are u staying with parents? Can get help from sibling and hubby to fix up or rearrange. If they insist can't do those with u around, then u go shopping and ask help to do. And nope.. Better not wait till after birth to fix the cot.. Might be too rush.

So I think most hospital will be doing the same right?
This i'm not sure. We will be scheduling another hospital tour in KK and thomson since these 3 hospital are our choices so far. KK as a back up plan in case of emergency (touchwood). Then Thomson because i'm under thomson women's clinic and doctor only delivers either Mt. A or Thomson. But Mt. A is my first choice since they said that the nurses there are more friendly than Thomson.

illuz

illuz: are u staying with parents? Can get help from sibling and hubby to fix up or rearrange. If they insist can't do those with u around, then u go shopping and ask help to do. And nope.. Better not wait till after birth to fix the cot.. Might be too rush.
Their superstitious is so severe that even I not around also cannot... Cot can buy cannot assemble! We are temporary staying with my parents. Actually was moving out but they don't allow since I'm pregnant. In the end we had to forfeit our deposit

Well, I still hope I can convince them.. Headache..

BbpHir3

babytazz:816533 said:
Medisave has limits to claims amount per day. So if the fm charges added in doesn't exceed, should be able to consider it under that claim. But if have to top up in cash, then I guess we have to pay fm in cash.
for my first 2 i was with KK TPS.. and waited for baby to be ready to discharge then discharge together.. so stayed 4days in total (kk seriously s3 $ n talk de, cuz i was under the pte one, they allow me to overstay).. 1 day can claim 450 that time, so 4 days claim actually covered the whole hospital expenses, nv pay cash at all..

BbpHir3

illuz:816575 said:
Their superstitious is so severe that even I not around also cannot... Cot can buy cannot assemble! We are temporary staying with my parents. Actually was moving out but they don't allow since I'm pregnant. In the end we had to forfeit our deposit

Well, I still hope I can convince them.. Headache..
for my cot, i ask for it to be delivered later, bought at robinsons that time.. we told the person that we will call them for the delivery at a nearer date.. so we actually call to arrange the day after i deliver, and hub assemble at night after he go home from the hospital..

BbpHir3

illuz:816532 said:
Very upset why so much pantang. I'm not superstitious type but my parents super superstitious. I wanted so much to do up the nursery, clear up room, rearrange furniture now that I'm still able to (tummy not that big yet and now 2nd tri I feel quite like normal). But they say cannot! Even install baby cot must wait until I give birth. My husband definately will be in hospital with me by then. So who's going to accomplish mission impossible the 2 days I'm in hospital? So upset.. :(
i actually clear bit by bit when they not around.. so they dont find out.. lolol.. by the time they realise, i just tell them is i instruct hub to clear de.. lolol!!

Peenut

Anybody heard or encounter about moving house during pregnancy? Is there anything to watch out for? Or best not to move? I've heard some cases on moving and the baby isn't quite well. And of course, nothing happened to most too.
Ive just moved on 31st July. The only thing is when they are moving and renovating I'm not ard. I only unpack light things like clothes. The rest are done by my mum n hubby.