EDD July 2012

breadgal

Ya agree.. Sling use long already very pain ya cos weight all 1 side.. But most important is child's preference.. Try out with the child..
My child dun like carrier , put in carrier less than 5s cannot already.. Start burst out crying.. but sling he juz fall asleep in it..

Evaling

Hi mummies, anyone gave birth naturally at SGH & opt for class A1 single bedded? How much did you pay in total after all the deductions & subsidize?

paul

Hello mummies, is it normal to feel tightness below after vaginal delivery even after a month? I had tear n episiotomy during delivery n it's my 1st baby..
I have outbreak, and back ache now and also constipated. Sometime my joints still feel pain if I on the fan or rain. Anyone has such side effects ? Do u all drink tea or take cold drinks ?

I delivered my bb on 28 July at TMC, induced.

I have outbreak, and back ache now and also constipated. Sometime my joints still feel pain if I on the fan or rain. Anyone has such side effects ? Do u all drink tea or take cold drinks ?

I delivered my bb on 28 July at TMC, induced.
I had upper backache almost everyday..not sure if it's due to wrong posture or is e side effect of epidural..did u blow wind directly when u were on confinement? I heard that could be e caused of joints pain..

dorefaith

hi mummy out there,,, Just to check which formula milk is better for babies. currently my boy is 2mth and i am giving him similac stage 1. past 2days his poo was greeish black colour izit serious? i wanna if the formula is not right? any recomm for other brand.

Jeraldine

dorefaith: I found this online

• Green-black. After birth, a baby's first bowel movements are greenish-black and tarry. This type of baby poop is known as meconium.
  • Green-brown. As the baby begins digesting breast milk, meconium is replaced with green-brown and then yellow-brown bowel movements.
  • Yellow. By about five days after birth, breast-fed babies usually have seedy, loose bowel movements that are yellow to yellow-green or tan in color.
  • Brown. If you feed your baby formula, his or her bowel movements might become light brown and pasty.
  • Other colors. When your baby begins eating solid food, his or her bowel movements might become dark brown — although seemingly odd colors are possible as well. For example, baby poop might look red after your baby eats beets or might contain streaks of dark blue after he or she eats blueberries. Green and orange baby poop is possible, too. You might also find chunks of undigested food in your baby's bowel movements

engravedx

dorefaith, my bbgirl is also taking similac stage 1, but total comfort. she already had yellow poo for awhile and suddenly became greenish black again for a few days before turning back to yellow. i'm not sure what colour is her poo now cos she only poos once a day and i'm always not the one changing. shouldn't be a problem though. maybe you can observe awhile more before deciding to change formula. this poo problem occured to few other babies as well so i guess it's kinda normal?

added: read up in another forum that it might be due to wind/colic. try giving your bb some gripe water?

Last edited:

engravedx

Jeraldine, actually it's not good to over dilute the milk too much. Should follow the 1 scoop to every 60ml of water.

What Are The Dangers Of Diluted Baby Formula? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Not sure what you can do about heatiness. Maybe can dilute just a lil bit but not too much. Same as some mummies who feed abit of water to bb after a feed, but this is adding into the milk lor. Though if you really want to feed water, I would recommend to give water after a feed so that it won't affect bb's milk intake cos there's nutrients in the milk. But I don't feed my daughter water at all. She got alot of eye shit in her eye everyday. I asked doctor and doctor says to just leave it cos it's normal. Wipe clean with cotton can already. As long as no foul smell then it is okay.

mei2009

hi mummy out there,,, Just to check which formula milk is better for babies. currently my boy is 2mth and i am giving him similac stage 1. past 2days his poo was greeish black colour izit serious? i wanna if the formula is not right? any recomm for other brand.
Could be due to excess iron - formula more iron than breastmilk and less easily absorbed. My bb also had green poop until I changed supplements to low iron.

dorefaith

Jera: thanks for the info
Engravedx: yup I did gave him some gripe water too
Mei: ok, if I change the formula to enfalac izit low in iron ?

My baby is on NAN Ha..r u breastfeeding him as well? I notice my son is allergy to sm foods I eat, such as foods containig coconut milk, milk n prune juice..still experimenting other foods that I shld avoid..coz Thr was once I had sm dessert cooked wif coconut milk, my boy had diarrhea n I see his poo is greenish in color..

Does any mummy here face e same problem? That u nd to avoid sm foods while bf?