EDD July 2012

Jheyyy

Hi all, I just found out that I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my 1st on 28 nov which is ytd. But haven visit any gynae yet...normally when's e 1st visit to gynae when u found out you're preggy? I'm quite lost though..
You can go polyclinic to confirm pregnancy & request for a referral letter to whichever hospital you wish to deliver your baby at.

Yingver07

You can go polyclinic to confirm pregnancy & request for a referral letter to whichever hospital you wish to deliver your baby at.
Hi Jheyyy, i went to consult clinic doctor already ytd & the result came out 1 line was obvious & 1 line was faint but while waiting medicine the nurse show me e test kit another line turn to be more obvious so i think mostly should be more confirm that i'm preggy :)

jessyling

Halo all,

I m new to this forum... based on wat my gynae told mi last fri, i m 6 n half weeks then. He haven told mi the EDD yet.. but should be in july 2012 based on calculation. Hope to know more mummy frenz .. :001_302:

Jenni

Hi Jheyyy, i went to consult clinic doctor already ytd & the result came out 1 line was obvious & 1 line was faint but while waiting medicine the nurse show me e test kit another line turn to be more obvious so i think mostly should be more confirm that i'm preggy :)
Hi Yingver07,

Normally as long as there is 2 line, confirm that u are pregnant, is because still early so the second line is abit faint.

Yingver07

Hi Yingver07,

Normally as long as there is 2 line, confirm that u are pregnant, is because still early so the second line is abit faint.
Hi Jenni, thanks for the reply. But by the way when's the right time to have our 1st visit to gynae? I read forums some say 6 weeks can hear heartbeat, some says at 8 weeks then go schedule 1st appt.

jessyling

Hi Jenni, thanks for the reply. But by the way when's the right time to have our 1st visit to gynae? I read forums some say 6 weeks can hear heartbeat, some says at 8 weeks then go schedule 1st appt.
ya .. 6 weeks can see the heartbeat le .. saw my baby's last fri ..

Yingver07

ya .. 6 weeks can see the heartbeat le .. saw my baby's last fri ..
Coz my MIL says wait till 12 weeks then schedule 1st appt..so i'm quite lost as i saw quite a few of early stage mummies had visit their gynae at abt 5 weeks or 6 weeks. I'm afraid if schedule too early can't see anything also but at another point worrying abt how it's goes inside of us. Any suggestions?

jessyling

Coz my MIL says wait till 12 weeks then schedule 1st appt..so i'm quite lost as i saw quite a few of early stage mummies had visit their gynae at abt 5 weeks or 6 weeks. I'm afraid if schedule too early can't see anything also but at another point worrying abt how it's goes inside of us. Any suggestions?
5 weeks abit small ... i think 6 weeks is ok .. u can call now to schedule aso coz need to wait de .. i called on the 19th nov to arange for appointment n the earliest appointment date i got is 25th nov.

JuliaKT

I went to gynae on my 6th week and could see baby's heartbeat. I think it's good to go as early as week 6 because gynae can strat giving you necessary vitamines. Since week 6 is still early and there might have chances for miscarriage, gynae can prescribe pills like progestrone for ovary and folic acid etc...

Jheyyy

Hi Yingver, actually its up to you.
Can go polyclinic tell them you're pregnant & you want a referral to whichever hospital you wanna deliver at.
They will arrange an appt for you & definitely will be at a date whereby your baby is big enough to be scanned.
Try not to drag longer than 12 weeks as there will be a scan at 12 weeks to look for signs of down syndrome.

anthony

Hi all mummy to be,

i posting this on my wife behalf.. we just got the confirmation from the doc that my wife is 1 month pregnant.

is our 1st time being parent, not sure what do i need to do and what she cannot do during this period of time..

and any good gynae to intro?

Yingver07

Hi Yingver, actually its up to you.
Can go polyclinic tell them you're pregnant & you want a referral to whichever hospital you wanna deliver at.
They will arrange an appt for you & definitely will be at a date whereby your baby is big enough to be scanned.
Try not to drag longer than 12 weeks as there will be a scan at 12 weeks to look for signs of down syndrome.
Hi Jheyyy, what is down syndrome? Anyway I juz got my appt schedule on this comin sat at TMC. :) As 1st timer, quite alot to learn. Feeling quite lost at time though.

engravedx

Hi Jheyyy, what is down syndrome? Anyway I just got my appt schedule on this comin sat at Thomson Medical Center. :) As 1st timer, quite alot to learn. Feeling quite lost at time though.
Don't worry too much and just eat a healthy balanced diet at the moment so that your fetus will grow better since its developing all the vital organs during the first trimester. Eat more veggies and fruits. Fish is good as well. I'm also having my first baby, appointment scheduled on 14th dec at KK which will be my approximate 8 weeks.

Since it's your first bb, can do more research online as to what you should do/eat, things/food you should avoid so that your bb will be healthy.

For down syndrome test, It's to see if your bb has got any abnormalities. Cos for some people, they might not be able to accept that their bb is different from others, or maybe they don't have the ability to take care of a child with down syndrome, so might decide not to have the bb.

engravedx

Hi all mummy to be,

i posting this on my wife behalf.. we just got the confirmation from the doc that my wife is 1 month pregnant.

is our 1st time being parent, not sure what do i need to do and what she cannot do during this period of time..

Hi! Congrats on your first bb!!

You must know that your wife is now going through a lot a lot if changes in her body, so mood and temper might be abit cranky. Try to be understanding and give in to her becos women at this stage can be really emotional and easily depressed! Make sure your wife eats a healthy balanced well nutritioned diet that consists of veggies and fruits. Doctor should also prescribe her with folic acid for bb. During first trimester, bb still weak and growing all the vital organs. Very easy to have miscarraige. So must be very careful, don't do too much vigorous exercise. But most people will still recommend all pregnant women to continue exercising so that they can prepare for the day bb arrive. Can google on what exercises are safe.. Cannot drink alcohol, cannot smoke, try to avoid second hand smoke as well. Don't drink cold water also. Do NOT eat any medication for now. Please check with doctor what medications are safe for pregnancy. Cos some medications might cause bb to have defects. I've seen about 4 different GPs so far (cos i kept having fever) and I know for sure panadol is safe. If seeing doctor for sickness, pls let ur wife inform the doctor that she is pregnant so that doctor will not prescribe wrong medicine.

For gynae wise, I can't recommend any since it's my first bb as well. Enjoy the 9 months journey! ^^

Yingver07

Don't worry too much and just eat a healthy balanced diet at the moment so that your fetus will grow better since its developing all the vital organs during the first trimester. Eat more veggies and fruits. Fish is good as well. I'm also having my first baby, appointment scheduled on 14th dec at KK which will be my approximate 8 weeks.

Since it's your first bb, can do more research online as to what you should do/eat, things/food you should avoid so that your bb will be healthy.

For down syndrome test, It's to see if your bb has got any abnormalities. Cos for some people, they might not be able to accept that their bb is different from others, or maybe they don't have the ability to take care of a child with down syndrome, so might decide not to have the bb.
Hi engravedx, thanks for the advise. Hopefully everything goes well for me. Actually I'm a smoker but I'm trying to cut down & it's gonna be my last pack of cig. :( Hopefully it won't do the baby any bad now.

Jheyyy

Hi Jheyyy, what is down syndrome? Anyway I juz got my appt schedule on this comin sat at TMC. :) As 1st timer, quite alot to learn. Feeling quite lost at time though.
Down syndrome are like babies who'll be growing up with abnormalities like one mummy mentioned.

Jheyyy

Hi all mummy to be,

Hi there,

You can Google for recommended gynaes in Singapore.
My gynae who delivered my girl 10 months ago is resigning. So im looking for another gynae too.

engravedx

Hi engravedx, thanks for the advise. Hopefully everything goes well for me. Actually I'm a smoker but I'm trying to cut down & it's gonna be my last pack of cig. :( Hopefully it won't do the baby any bad now.
I'm a smoker too. But once I found out I'm pregnant, I straight away didn't smoke anymore. Been 2 weeks ler, now I cannot even rmb how smoking feels like. I see anyone smoking near me, I run farfar. Haha! Best not to smoke while pregnant. It might lead to alot of complications and will cause defects/miscarraige. But thr are pple who continue smoking and nth happen. But better be on the safe side and dont smoke ler!! :) jiayou!!

Yingver07

I'm a smoker too. But once I found out I'm pregnant, I straight away didn't smoke anymore. Been 2 weeks , now I cannot even rmb how smoking feels like. I see anyone smoking near me, I run farfar. Haha! Best not to smoke while pregnant. It might lead to alot of complications and will cause defects/miscarraige. But thr are pple who continue smoking and nth happen. But better be on the safe side and dont smoke !! :) jiayou!!
Thanks babe! I'm trying my very best :( hopefully I can quit after seeing gynae this Sat.