EDD June 2013

catlady

Hi Heather, congratz to u... Anyway im in my 7weeks now.. N my morning sickness juz started recently.. Guess u r considered lucky to hav ur morning sickness only for 2wks.. :) n i dun think it is sumthink u shud be worried abt.. :)

mrsred

I'm week 10 and no morning sickness, was worried but my gynae says every pregnancy is different. So i'm just going to relax and enjoy this 1st trimester cos my previous pregnancy was horrible in the 1st and 3rd trimester

missolive

Hi all, i'm on my 10th week now..still feeling nauseous and super tired. Heartburn and lots of gas. Loss of appetite. I hope it goes away soon. I also feel some stretching pain around the pelvic area, same as my first pregnancy. All pregnancy are different. If you dont have morning sickness, congrats :) if you do, you are not alone, it will go away soon :) Hope all mommies here are feeling better. Take care and keep updating :)

missolive

Btw, can any mommies tell me what food you can eat or what food that can ease our nausea? I'm very headache everyday thinking about food to eat, seems like none of them is appetizing..

mellinda

Orange peels and Maria biscuits helps. I had very very bad nausea and get tired easily. Nausea all day long. Been losing weight and no appetite even I'm hungry. :(

mrsred

For my 1st pregnancy, i ate Julie's wholemeal biscuit to help with morning sickness. I was eating it all day long, even during meal times. Ginger tea might help also :)

I feel some ache in my pelvic area too. So it's stretching pain! What's stretching, btw?

roudx

Hello mummies to be ! Haven't been on here quite awhile as I've been back to work after 10 long days of MC. :p
As for curing morning sickness, I tried eating anything / everything but it doesn't helps =.="
Whatever sour I tried, no use. Biscuits , sweets, whatever that cures other mummie's MS, doesn't cure mine.

So it was a disaster and I even told my hubby , " this is our 1st and our last " hahaha, too torturing for me. But I guess I will still be having 2nd one when time goes by....

missolive

Mellinda, my condition is exactly like yours.. i nvr try orange peel, i will give it a try. For me drinking coke takes away my nausea, but it's not healthy :(

Mrsred, i think our pelvic amd muscle there are stretching to accomodate the growing baby. That's why we will feel some discomfort.

missolive

Roudx, i understand how you feel. I took lots of mc during my first pregnancy too. Luckily this time i just resigned so i can rest more.. one thing i know that can avoid the nausea is to never wait till you feel hungry. So you can try to snack a bit every 3 hours or so. I feel when im hungry thats when my nausea is the worst. Hope that help :)

roudx

But I get bloated easily, so when i don't feel hungry, I still feel bloated, so i don't eat. And when I don't , i feel it.... Haha..

mrsred

Mummies, pls avoid coconut and food with coconut milk. I had lontong yday and felt so bloated, indigestion and vomited. My dad says preggies should avoid coconut as it causes indigestion and wind. I didnt know!! :(

Now i still feel boated despite applying ruyi oil. :(

mrsred

And must do ur kegels k? I was puking and leaking at the same time. So embarrassing!! Luckily i was at home.

chanelloo

Mummies, pls avoid coconut and food with coconut milk. I had lontong yday and felt so bloated, indigestion and vomited. My dad says preggies should avoid coconut as it causes indigestion and wind. I didnt know!! :(

Now i still feel boated despite applying ruyi oil. :(
i still like to eat curry and laksa now... but must try to control as high in cholesterol

catlady

Hi Mommies to-be, hope all of u are doing fine.. HEre is something I would like to share with you.. I have been sick for the past few weeks.. Morning sickness, nausea, laziness, everythink.. U name it and I got it.. Almost every week I will be on MC.. My MC almost finished due to this pregnancy..

However, last week was worst.. Besides having terrible stomach cramp, I vomitted countless times. Watever I drink, watever I eat I will throw out and straightaway I went to KKH.. N I knew it I was dehydrated due to the countless vomits.. I was under 1day observation and put on drip.. The feeling was terrible.. But luckily my baby still surviving.. Afterwhich doctor gave me MC till end week for bed rest.. After that the vomit subsides but I felt terribly weak.. I can't move ard much and I lost all my appetite but I still force myself to eat and drink somethink.. And this week I went back to wrk as normal.. I thought Im back to normal as the morning sickness seems to be lessen.. But I was wrong..

Yesterday as normal I do my wrk.. Nothink seems wrong.. But at 5 in the evening I went to the toilet to urine I saw fresh blood..!! My whole pantyliner was soak with bloods and some blood clots.. I was shivering and crying.. Im lost.. Called my husband to fetch me and we rushed to our gynae as it was the nearest and fastest.. My gynae did a scan and pheww the baby is still breathing.. The foetus is growing healthily.. It was a threatening miscarriage.. In addition, my womb is weak.. Hence he advise me to bed rest again.. Haizz I really dunnoe wat to say.. There is alot of wrk and my MC are all used up.. All I can do is just pray that nothng happen to my baby.. For now I just have to move slowly n hav a gd rest..

This is my experience for my first pregnancy.. I pray the best for all mommies out there who is experiencing the same thing.. There is nothing that we can do and just Pray..

mrsred

Oh no! Catlady, i was so nervous for your as i read your post. Good to know that baby is fine. I will keep you and your baby in my prayers too!

Pls rest and dont worry about your MC and work. There is extended MC and special MC that employers wont tell you about but should be in your entitlement. Plus, if ur gynae is from KKH (not pte) then he/she can give u "hospitalisation leave" instead of MC.

Did the doc say what caused the vomiting and stomach cramp?

*hugsss*

missolive

Catlady, sorry for what you have been going through :( please just rest now as you an baby is the most important. I know one friend that has the same problem also has to bed rest, the gynae have her hospitalization leave. Donno if it's possible with your condition. Anyway just take lost of rest and dont stress. I hope all is well, will pray for you..

AikoMommy

Hi All Mummies to be!!

Im 11 weeks now and EDD is on 20th June 2013......ive choose KKH to deliver taking up the Classic Package at the Private Suite and my gynae is A/Prof John Tee. My hubby loves him and thinks he is funny doctor to be begin with. Ive still have some like brownish/bloodish spotting with whitish mucus which im gonna ask him on my next appointment. Or does anyone knows what is this about? Also, does anyone have the same pain feeling whenever you sneese or cough at your abdomen area or pelvis area?

Ive asked my doctor before but he says its normal due to the expansion of the uterus....

mrsred

Congrats, AikoMommy! I had the same spotting during my previous pregnancy, but that was in the 3rd trimester and gynae checked for infection but test was negative. We still dont know what caused it but wearing panty liner will cause it to worsen. Hope this helps!

Catlady, how's everything? Are u ok??

My "morning sickness" has just started (at 11 weeks!!) and it's more of evening sickness. I keep thinking it's cos of the lontong i had! This time round very troublesome cos my muscles weakened by 1st preg and i leak when i puke :'(

carlitos

All mummy, must sure your gynae fee include scrub test in the 37 weeks. Understand what is GBS as this is very important especially if you intend to have a nature delivery. Pls google GBS to understand what is this. It is very common of 20% mummy might carry GBS bacterial and it's possible to pass to the baby.

But this test will only conduct in the 37 weeks and thus gynae don't tell you . To ensure mummy free from GBS, personal hygiene is very important especially after you wee wee. Do invest a bidet in your wash room so that you can ensure more hygiene . Japan and Korean mummy have low % of GBS as they have bidet in every home and this is hardly see in Singapore .

There is few kind of bidet available locally, make sure you get those which provide for female or double nozzle type.