EDD June 2013

catlady

Hi MrsRed and MissOlive, thanks for your care n concern.. Really appreciate that.. Im recovering and recuperating now.. Tdy im back to wrk after a long wkend of bed rest given by gynae.. Still abit weak but so far im okay.. Glad to knoe that Im well and I hope it will be like this thru out.. Only tat I noticed I cant move / travel ard too much.. It will only worsen my nausea n giddy.. On the whole im okay..

To all mummies, do take care of urself n keep updating of wat u r gg thru.. At least we can share with each other our experiences..

missolive

Catlady, good to hear that you feel better. Take care. It will get better in no time :)

AikoMommy, i feel a bit of sharp feeling ardi my pelvis area when i cough and sneeze. I think it's normal, i have that during my first pregnancy too. It's because all the muscle stretching. Dont worry :)

Mrsred, my nausea is whole day but yes it's the worst during evening :( i feel that i can eat better lately. Hopefully it goes away soon. So does yours :)

Shamsa

Hi all. I am expecting my first born in june. I am on long term visit pass and my husband is a PR. I already had my first appointment at KK and it cost me close to 300 sgd. may i please know whats the best way to handle these costs and if i can take up any packages. For the delivery, we are not sure yet whether to have here or in our home country. Kindly advice as appropriate. Rgds

catlady

Hi to all mommies-to-be.. How have u been? Hope all of u are in great health.. Now im on my 10th week and my mrg / night sickness is still on-going but its more stable now.. Im able to control myself now not like the past few weeks.. Hope it will goes off soon.. :)

Anyway I have a question here to all experienced mommies.. I understand that our consultation fees can be claimed via Medisave after our delivery right? Coz my gynae midwife told me to keep all receipts for medisave claims.. But what if we decided to change gynae? Can we still claim those fees we paid to our first gynae?

Eg: now im consulting Dr Loke of Spore Women Clinic but soon I tot of changing to Dr Caroline Khi of Thomson Medical as my hubby n myself wans a female gynae to deliver our future baby.. So besides claiming the consultation fees of Dr Khi, can I also claims those under Dr Loke.. Just wan some assurance..

mrsred

Hi Catlady, from my previous experience, there is a cap (i think it was $400) on how much u can claim from medisave, per pregnancy. So i didnt bother keeping all the receipts. The nurse at my gynae only kept the one when i signed package and i used that to claim. Like u, I'm more comfortable with a female gynae and initially i was worried that the labour process would be physically demanding for the gynae, but mine was fantastic!!

I'm still experiencing nausea, only started nearing 12 weeks. My gynae says it's not morning sickness, probably mild food poisoning... But it's still going on!! :(

Hi Shamsa, usually packages can only be bought after 16 weeks.

chanelloo

All mummy, must sure your gynae fee include scrub test in the 37 weeks. Understand what is GBS as this is very important especially if you intend to have a nature delivery. Pls google GBS to understand what is this. It is very common of 20% mummy might carry GBS bacterial and it's possible to pass to the baby.

But this test will only conduct in the 37 weeks and thus gynae don't tell you . To ensure mummy free from GBS, personal hygiene is very important especially after you wee wee. Do invest a bidet in your wash room so that you can ensure more hygiene . Japan and Korean mummy have low % of GBS as they have bidet in every home and this is hardly see in Singapore .

There is few kind of bidet available locally, make sure you get those which provide for female or double nozzle type.
Hi carlitos, thanks so much for the info. I'm first time mum so really have no idea of all the details. ;)

chanelloo

Hi all mum to be, who has experience delivered at Mt Alvernia or anyone that you know deliver their baby there?
anw I already sign the package with my gynae will be deliver my baby there.. Just wanna to read more info .. :)

roudx

Went for a follow up check up yesterday. Finally saw my bb's hands n legs... Seems like waving to me thru the ultrascan...
Will be having FA Scan on Jan 18, by the time should be able to see bb's gender. (Hopefully !) I'll be around 20weeks by the time :D

missolive

Hi mommies, had my oscar and blood test done earlier this week. All test came back normal, thank God :)

During the ultrasound my gynae guessed that it is another boy cos she saw what seemed like his bird bird Haha..was hoping for a girl, but we r happy with another boy too :)

mrsred

Hi Roudx, what's FA scan?

Hi missolive, good to hear ur results are normal. How much did u pay for oscar? I'll be paying $500 for triple test. Dont remember paying so much last time leh. :(

missolive

Oscar test is a test for down syndrome. They will do ultrasound to check signs of down syndrome such as the existance of nasal bone etc. Then a blood test to confirm. It is done normally ard12-16weeks i think.

Mrsred, i paid ard 460 for Triple test, very expensive. Last time i remember it was also 400 something. I did it at thomson. Yours too?

mrsred

Oh! I heard about the full detailed scan. My friend just went for last month when she was 5mths preg. I think it's a new thing. I dont remember having it for the 1st baby. Heard only Thomson has.

Missolive, u went for both oscar and triple tests? My triple test will be done at my gynae at Mount E.

Can i ask all 2nd time (and above) mummies, what else do we need to buy for this new baby assuming we kept everything from no.1? I'm torn between getting the new Avent Calma bottles and the old series ones... Cant wait to shop for new baby!!

mrsred

Hi chanelloo, i just spoke to my friend who delivered at Mount A. U get a free bath tub upon discharge so u can strike that off ur shopping list!

Shamsa

Hello everyone! Hope all mummies doing good n taking care! Well theres an offer i want to share. Actually i bought an ipl deal for full legs for unlimited sessions in 6months for $780. Now that I'm pregnant n cant have that deal and i'll be having my delivery back home n won't be coming back to Sg so can't avail it even after delivery. So the manager of the salon said that she can't refund my money but if i can find someone who's willing to have ipl after delivery then she can transfer my deal to her. She gave me another option that in this money one can have facials if not willing for ipl,10 facials (detox, hydrating & whitening) in unlimited months,or can have any other treatment in this amount. So ladies my request is that if anyone is willing to avail this offer,plz do tell me,that will be a great favor to me. The salon is in Clementi mall.

kchiah

hi mummies, good day on this beautiful date 121212, my edd is on 29th jun, am 12wks now,this is my 2nd bb, i jus went to tmc for the oscar test, report out on fri . i m having heartburn n nausea since wk 8, no appetite to eat, didnt puke much, but feeling tired n lazy... :(...i dun really feel excited so far, all bcos of the MS, haiz....but jus now did the scan, saw my bb is 5.8cm, can see hands n legs, happy a bit, amazing...
think my ms will last till 4-5mths bah, cos my previous pregnancy also like that...

Mummie

Hi Mummies. My EDD is 13 june 2013. May I ask for recommendations for gynae near seangkang, punggol area? Im seeing one now but just thought that the antenatal package is quite expensive.