EDD June 2013

Thanks missoliva.

Ya. That's what i heard too..friends told me not to worry about all these since it is still early for now.. but guess we will go ahead and buy it. any places or brands to recommend or is it all the same beside the height adjustment..

Faitheee

Hello ilovebibi,
my EDD is also 8 June! Going for detailed scan at Mt A next week. Gynae already said high chance is a girl. (secretly very happy...)

To all mummies,
I'm going to baby expo this Sun. Any advice on what brand of milk bottles to get? My nephew uses Avent, but that's like more ex right...? How about other things like steriliser?

missolive

No problem daddybiker :)

I got mine in ikea, but not recommended cos the side cannot slide down. Get one that can slide down, good for your wife so no need to bend down.

Faitheee, i tried avent bottle last time, but it seems to leak leh, donno if it is bcos i used it wrongly. So far, pigeon works great for my DS. For sterilizer i used pigeon too..so far so good..

mrsred

Hi Mummies, long time no post cos i feel so tired all the time!

If u're thinking of buying stroller and car seat, Baby Hyperstore is still having their CNY red hot sale. I'm super tempted by all the red stuff but re-using what I have from my 1st child...

I'm using Avent too and happy with it. Missolive, i also experienced leaking probs initially then my friend said to align the vertical lines on the teat to the air vents on the white round plastic thing (forgot what it's called).

I've been awake since 4+am cos my tailbone is painful and my knee cap is also killing me!! Plus my girl likes to lie on my tummy now... Anyone experiencing the same pains?? :(

missolive

Mrsred, Aiyo, so that is how its done. I have googled abt it but cannot get answer till I have to set aside the bottles and buy other brand. Thanks for the info :) i think can try for second baby..

I also have backpain, around hips butts and tailbones. Not good when I still have to chase around my boy.

Ahvon

hi all .. i'm a first time mom here ... into my 18 wks and going for my detailed scan on 1 Feb ...
i'm with Dr Irene Chua of Gleneargles... and my bb is a girl girl ... been having back pain and cramps around my lower tummy area... not sure whether the cramps was due to the expansion of the uterus?? anyone had the same experience??

mrsred

Missolive, do u think the tailbone pain is due to epidural? Did u have epidural for no.1? I'm going to ask my gynae next sat.

Congrats, Ahvon! The back pain could be due to the weight of your growing tummy so posture is impt. Not sure abt the cramp, u might wanna check with your gynae?

roudx

Lol mrsred , u could like my post in here too ! I think using explorer, not via iphone?
I got it red in car seat and red in pram, cause its on offer for CNY ! :D Super happpppppy

catlady

Hi Mummies, its been super long nvr post here. Been bz lately n hope all mummies are doing well. Seems like most mummies are busy buying baby stuffs due to the CNY sale. Great bargains indeed. For me I shall wait till Apr or May coz parents dun allow me to buy yet. For now juz admire the baby stuffs. N also bz with our upcoming new hse. So will do things one at a time. :)

Anyway I have a qns here. N i hav post this qns b4 too. Currently im on 17weeks and I still have bleeding on n off. It get worsen after pass motion, whether its hard or soft, I will still bleed. Been to doc twice due to this. 1st was during my 1st trimester and was given injection. 2nd was last 2 wks as the bleeding did not stop within 24hrs and there was clots. Checked and scanned, baby doing all fine. Heartbeat very fast. Placenta not low. Cervix close however there is streaks of blood on the vagina. Scanned further and doc said there was a slight cut at the placenta wall. That might be a cause of the bleeding. But its nothing serious coz the cut is very very small. Given medication and was advise not to move ard too much and caryy heavy things. But till date I still bleed on n off, but with no cramps. SHould I worry? Should I go for 2nd opinion? I have asked my frens and most said not too worry too much unless I have cramps or I feel pain when pass urine. COz the more I worry / stress, the more I will bleed. Is this true? Is there any food / drinks that I should avoid? Coz Im still drinking tea every morning and I read somewhere caffeine can also be the cause of bleeding.

What i heard previously from a female friend of mine was that hers was due to stress.. nothing to worry about but it will be better to leave the work aside and give yourself a couple days of resting in bed

Mopiko

catlady, i think you should stop drinking tea and stick with warm water instead. I heard tea is not good even for normal pregnancy and now you are bleeding, so better stop TEA totally. My advise is, to do a TOTAL bed rest for a couple of days till the bleeding totally stop. Nothing is more important now than your health and baby! good luck.

missolive

Mrsed, yes i had epidural for the first. But the pain only come after around 3 months of my pregnancy. I didn't feel it before. So I always thought it is related to the pregnancy. I have the same pain during first pregnancy too. You had it even before n after pregnancy? Ya better confirm with gynae. I also know there might be side effect of epidural. But I don't think I will survive without epidural hehe. Can't stand the contraction pain after ard 3 cm.

Catlady, rest more n avoid stress ya. I also think fatigue n stress can cause bleeding. I had tea or coffee during 2nd n 3rd trimester of pregnancy, in moderation of course, and had no problem. But since you experience bleeding better cut the tea. Meanwhile, I think it is good to get second opinion too. You n baby will be fine. Take care k :)

kchiah

hi catlady, caffein affect absorption of nutrition like calcium etc so better stop, can try ginger tea or those tea for pregnancy.n pls dun stress urself. i do hv bleeding on n off since 8wks till 16 wks, so far ok for this wk ( touch wood...dun bleed again pls...) .

for those havent buy bb cot, ikea one not recommended as cant slide down on one side, when bb grow heavier, is hard for us especially mummies who have back pain problem to carry them up n down..

so far my back got slight pain when i bend my body for a while, or carry my 13+kg boy, other than that still ok, had epi during 1st birth too.in

Ssurprise

Hello mummies and daddies!

oh gosh we're so lucky have our baby in June! Fathers will have a week paternity leave(with effect from may) and parents will get extra 2k(rather than 4k) from before!

Yay :)

share your 1 week so dads can have 2weeks of leave. the payout $6k can might as well dump it into the baby saving acc to match the government 1 for 1 saving