EDD June 2013

That's a bonus if baby born at home. Your labor must be a smooth one. You may wanna have the emergency line standby. What I know is the normal emergency line will take you to the nearest hospital unless you call the private emergency company.

marmalade

hi ClaireC !!! me too ! my gal is now 16mths old. urgh so tiring, she is exploring things, climb here and there, wonder around, dont want to sit too long in stroller, my back ache .... we are also expecting a boy this time. ;)
Wah marmalade! We are in identical situations! Ya, nowadays she thinks she very zai, can't even walk properly but wants to run! Then I have to big belly run after her, and my hubby will be running after us with the stroller and diaper bag.

Have you planned how to introduce your boy to her yet? I have not really researched on this, but I'm thinking she's too young to know? If older one is like 3 or 4 years old, then probably have to be more careful coz they can understand. But at 18mths, not sure if necessary.

Is your older one getting fussier? Mine has started to wake up in the middle of the night (sometimes a few times per night!) recently. Used to be able to sleep through in her own cot, but now wants to sleep with us on our bed. So some nights I end up sleeping with one leg hanging off my bed coz she takes up so much space!
Oh yes !! She is like a mini monster at play but only when she is ard pple she knows else she curl up like a timid lamb hugging our legs when she sees strangers. So funny!

I prob will just use my boy's hand to touch her and introduce him to her. Tell her use the same touch to strike baby's face n must be gentle. So hopefully she knows what's going on...

My gal alrdy sleeps on her own bed since 2 mths old as she can't sleep in baby cot.. She just rolls too much n she loves big spaces! Really know how to享受 at such a young age !!!

Mopiko

Hihi.. I just finished my 29 weeks scan and the boy is very naughty don't want to show his face hehe h is 1.5kg and doc says he is on th big size wooooops Orwell....

Btw, the doc did a cervical check an found that I have slight funneling :( he advised me to take it easy... Anyone having or had similar thing before? I am quite worried :(

roudx

Wow Mopiko, your baby is at 1.5KG... I think it's rather big. I went for check up last friday @ week 31, baby's at weight 1.7kg..
What is funneling ?

Mopiko

Haha ya I gained 800grams in 3weeks and apparenty the 500grams goes to the baby haha I dunno why when I eat normally like 3 meals per day + 2 cups of milk + lots of fruits for my tea break :( I don't eat cakes ice cream etc too... Haha I guess my baby has a high consumption hahaha

Funelling: is when the cervic looks like its gonna open... You can try to google it...

roudx

I gained 1KG in 3 weeks and 500Grams goes to my baby too lol. Guess your baby's intake very good.. Mine is 50-50 only :p

Oh my, means ur cervic looks like it's gonna open? Might have chances of early delivery?

Mopiko

Ya, but doc asked me to take it easy.. No running or do squating etc and I should be fine... Let's see I'm hoping to reach at least 37 weeks.. Praying hard every day :) did ur doc ever do a cervic scan for u?

catlady

Hi mummies.. Hope all of u r doing fine.. Its been quite awhile since my last post.. Btw has anyone of you mummies bought your breastpump? Which breastpump is your choice? I need your recommendations from your own personal experiences.. Thank you in advance..

roudx

@catlady : I got mine from a friend , brand medela.. I think you should get medela brand because so far it's the best I've heard from others :)

catlady

@roudx : ya thats wat i heard and read too.. in fact im contemplating between medela pump in style and medela freestyle.. both are quite ex so i need to noe which is better? my concern is compactibility.. coz after 3 mths i will hav to go back wrk n pump frm wrk.. the place we r allowed to pump doesn't hav any plugins so i will hav difficulty if the pump needs plugin..

Baby doens't like scan. Scanning invade their privacy that's why they try to hide. Ultrascan is only estimate your baby's birth weight. Not very accurate according to study. Not too worry about your cervix. if you do want to have a peace of mind, try craniosacral therapy. It's a light touch therapy and help your body to realign itself. Very interesting treatment.
Hihi.. I just finished my 29 weeks scan and the boy is very naughty don't want to show his face hehe h is 1.5kg and doc says he is on th big size wooooops Orwell....

Btw, the doc did a cervical check an found that I have slight funneling :( he advised me to take it easy... Anyone having or had similar thing before? I am quite worried :(

Hi mummies.. Hope all of u r doing fine.. Its been quite awhile since my last post.. Btw has anyone of you mummies bought your breastpump? Which breastpump is your choice? I need your recommendations from your own personal experiences.. Thank you in advance..
Dual pump will save you time and much easier to handle. When you pump one breast, the other will leak too.

roudx

@roudx : ya thats wat i heard and read too.. in fact im contemplating between medela pump in style and medela freestyle.. both are quite ex so i need to noe which is better? my concern is compactibility.. coz after 3 mths i will hav to go back wrk n pump frm wrk.. the place we r allowed to pump doesn't hav any plugins so i will hav difficulty if the pump needs plugin..
The medela pump that my fren gave, i think can insert batteries and pump without plugins.... I haven't try using it yet cause haven't give birth ma.. I only took out to take a look few days ago, saw a charger and also slots for batteries.. So I assumed can work both ways?

My gynae is Dr Adrian at thomson medical..
From my training at NUH, ultra sound scan is only 40% accuracy. Is scan necessary at every visit?

Is any mom here keen to improve your birth outcome? I am part of the Birth Revolution, giving talks on achieving natural birth. I am a HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator and a soon to be doula. I am offering Birth Support to those who wish to improve their birth. https://www.facebook.com/ChildbirthOdyssey/events. Feel free to contact me. Just help a mom through labor at home this morning. She safely birth her baby with me on the phone supported her. That was an unexpected call. It's a blessing.

honeyz09

Hi! I've always gone with trusted Avent because I find it the most comfy for erm...bigger bossums..hehe. Tried Medela before but not to my liking. Hope you'll get one that will suit you :)