EDD June 2013

Just went for my check-up at 34 weeks. Baby is in transverse position (body perpendicular to mine). Gynae says most babies' head should have dropped down already!! If at 36 weeks still like that, must C-sect!! :(

Mummies, can share ur babies' current position??
Not necessary C-section. Babies are still moving around at this stage. After 37 weeks then you should be concern. There are many ways to help your baby turn. I teach mom to go into certain position to help baby turn. You can give it a try when you are close to 36 weeks before your next check-up.

mrsred

So lucky all ur babies heads are down already! I'm envious! Have found some exercises/positions online and have been trying. Hope it works!

I was just telling my hubs, maybe meimei is more thoughtful, dun want me to go thru the pelvic pain that i went thru the last time.

Gynae says baby is quite big! But i forgot the weight cos i was just so down after hearing abt the transverse breech and possible c-sect. :(

So lucky all your babies heads are down already! I'm envious! Have found some exercises/positions online and have been trying. Hope it works!

I was just telling my hubs, maybe meimei is more thoughtful, dont want me to go thru the pelvic pain that i went thru the last time.

Gynae says baby is quite big! But i forgot the weight cos i was just so down after hearing about the transverse breech and possible c-sect. :(
Vagina birth doesn't have to be painful. Pain is created due to fear and hence leads to tension of the uterus muscles that form resistance to the opening. Hypnosis for breech position can also help you to turn. Hope your baby turns to vertex position so that you can avoid C-section.

honeyz09

So lucky all ur babies heads are down already! I'm envious! Have found some exercises/positions online and have been trying. Hope it works!

I was just telling my hubs, maybe meimei is more thoughtful, dun want me to go thru the pelvic pain that i went thru the last time.

Gynae says baby is quite big! But i forgot the weight cos i was just so down after hearing abt the transverse breech and possible c-sect. :(
*hugs hugs* hope all goes well for u!

Congrats to all mum-to-be- really soon, wish all of you a smooth labor. Excited about whether baby will look like wife or me... position facing down le and moving lesser now ( think not enough space liao).

Anyway just share something and check with you mum-to-be also

People around me keep telling me baby carrier is not really a must unless my wife is going to bring the bb out herself often. But since stroller was bought.. stroller is more than enough and more pratical. any advice on this?

Another thing is the medela freestyle pump.. Singapore selling around 700+800+. A little too exp. A friend previously recommended when she was preg to buy from amazon.. hesitated for a while before trying so. So far bought 2. 1 passed to a friend whom baby girl arrived 1st and a 2nd one for myself. item plus shipment less than $500 sgd.. may be cheaper if you can find better shipper.. I used Vpost for shipment

Qian1984

Huh.. Daddy oso can use baby carrier wat.. To b honest, my hubb is the one who used bb carrier most of the time! It is gg to be handy when u go to crowded areas like road shows or maybe nearby ur house mkts or even overseas, and its not only like for the first few mths cos even after 1 yo I'm using it at times.. Some more I bought abit late, when bb abt 6mths then I bought it willingly (initially wanna save on it but can't as my girl gt heavier) and moreover there are some doesn't even like to sit in stroller..

Talking abt the pump I'm oso using medela freestyle which I bought from a seller who specially do such importing oso less than 500 for my first girl.. I still gt her contact if anyone else needs to save the hassle lol

missolive

Daddybiker, from my last experience I feel baby carrier is quite important, although maybe not in the first few weeks. It's good to let the baby stay in stroller and not get used to being carried too much. But babies also will need tlc from parents, so at times they will cry for that. Me n hubby always go out on weekends, and baby carrier is a great help, so that we at least have free hands to do stuff.

Btw, any mummies experience tightness on tummy sometimes? It feels like mild contraction and got me freaked out. But since it's not regular, it might be just braxton hicks.. still makes me worried, excited but worried hehe..

Oic. I was thinking of just putting him in the stroller instead of baby carrier. Don't really want my wife to carry bb with the carrier as afraid it will strain her back.. when the baby grow bigger.. shoulder too.. anyone can clarify this? but I have admit it make life easier if you are bringing the baby out yourself

missolive

Daddybiker, I really wish that it can be as easy as you said, hehe.. sometimes I wish my baby will also sit quietly on the stroller, but they won't do that. They will get tired or bored or just simply wants attention and so many other reason that make them 'insist' of not wanting to sit on stroller. And that's when the carrier become a lifesaver. It's much better than carrying the baby manually. And as qian said, there are places that are not really suitable for stroller and easier to carry baby manually or with carrier.
Anyway no need to rush to get the carrier though. You can try without it first and decide later when baby is a bit older.

Qian1984

Ya I used to be like u.. It's ok there is no hurry to get now.. U can wait and see.. Me oso because after waiting and one of the mummies borrowed me to try out then I realize I need one.. But at the moment stroller can suffice cos they r light as feather!

msolive wat kinda tightness u experienced? I only feel that sometimes my stomach is cramping up as if there isn't any space inside anymore for the bb to move yet she is still struggling to move.. LoL

oh btw daddybiker, whether anot if there is strain on backs or waist for bb carrier really depends a lot on which carrier u are using. There are those that dun provide a gd support for the parent, hence u will tend to strain it easily. I'm using bbbjorn, whereby it provides a back support and direct most of the weight to ur hip waist area instead, so u wun get tired out that easily (which I'm proned to cos I seldom carry stuffs)

Last edited:

missolive

Ya I agree on baby bjorn.. I bought the one with lower back support so it won't hurt your back too much. I also have lots of back pain ever since pregnancy so it helps..

Qian, yes it's some kind of a cramp, like those menstrual cramp. You can feel your tummy become tight. Just worried cos it's getting closer to the due date and since my first pregnancy was induced I don't really have any idea about labour signs.

Ya I used to be like you.. It's ok there is no hurry to get now.. you can wait and see.. Me also because after waiting and one of the mummies borrowed me to try out then I realize I need one.. But at the moment stroller can suffice cos they r light as feather!

msolive what kinda tightness you experienced? I only feel that sometimes my stomach is cramping up as if there isn't any space inside anymore for the baby to move yet she is still struggling to move.. LoL

oh btw daddybiker, whether anot if there is strain on backs or waist for baby carrier really depends a lot on which carrier you are using. There are those that dont provide a good support for the parent, hence you will tend to strain it easily. I'm using bbbjorn, whereby it provides a back support and direct most of the weight to your hip waist area instead, so you wun get tired out that easily (which I'm proned to cos I seldom carry stuffs)
Thanks. Noted. ^_^

mrsred

Missolive, sounds like contractions! I'm experiencing that too but not regular and not increasing in frequency and intensity so my gynae says it's braxton hicks. Monitor and time? 4-5 times a day is normal.

Daddybiker, imho, no hurry to buy carrier. Wait till baby is born then go to the shops to try to see which one baby is comfy with. My no.1 rejected all types of carriers :(

missolive

Mrsred, ya lor, got me worried everytime, thinking should I call my hubby or not haha.. I even have my hospital bag prepared alrdy.. somemore I stay at sembawang and tmc is quite far.. I had it a few times a day but it doesn't increase in frequency and intensity so it's quite a relieved. Anw, good to hear that I'm not alone :)

movenpick

Alpha Male
Hi all mummies,

Sorry to intrude on this thread. I have some items to let go. Kindly msg me (not WA) me at 98158556 if you are keen. Collect at Buangkok MRT.

1. BN Pigeon Storage Bottles, 150ml each, 3 pcs at $13.
2. Avent Breast Shell (preloved, in good condition) at $10.
3. BN Annakku napkin liners, 150 pcs at $7
4. Bebitza breastfeeding blanket (used twice only) at $40
5. Pigeon Fridge to Go cooler bag (preloved in good condition) at $40
6. Pigeon and Avent Storage Bottles (150, 125ml resp) at $2 and $3 resp.
7. MIM Baby Sling (blue, preloved in good condition) at $25
8. Greenlife Fenugreek (50 tabs) at $7.

mrsred

Missolive, when in doubt, just go check to have peace of mind? I had quite a few false alarms the last time so now i take it easy until my gynae worried! Haha! I havent packed my bag but my hubs prepped the car with garbage bag and towel liao... Though my water bag only burst in hospital the last time round.

catlady

@mrs red.. u may want to google on how to turn baby.. there are a few articles which u can try to follow n try out at home.. mine was breech too but it turn at 7 mths.. thank God.. i simply google up and follow the steps.. one thing which i can remember is try talking to baby often and at the same time massage ur tummy in clockwise position starting from ur upper abdomen and stop at the lower abdomen.. this is to show ur baby the way his/her head the correct position.. all the best sis n hope baby will turn soon.. take care

catlady

Hi mummies, how are u doing so far? I guess most of u are waiting eagerly n patiently for your newborn.. same as me too.. how hav u been feeling lately? any of u started your maternity leave? for me waking up every morning has been a hassle.. coz every nite i hav been tossing n turning finding for a suitable position.. n lately whenever i wanna stand up frm bed / seat i feel heavy and pain "down there".. any mummies experienced the same? yesterday went for my 8mth scanning and baby is all well.. but.. gynae say baby is big.. 2.8kg.. n the head is already "down there".. gosshhh im getting really worried coz im only at my 32 weeks now.. >.<
to all mummies when do u actually start ur ML officially? i wanted to take early coz nowadays get tired easily n to n fro wrk n hm is quite far (Woodlands to Changi).. but im afraid if i take too early n baby came out later it will be a waste.. :( any suggestions?

honeyz09

Hi mummies, how are u doing so far? I guess most of u are waiting eagerly n patiently for your newborn.. same as me too.. how hav u been feeling lately? any of u started your maternity leave? for me waking up every morning has been a hassle.. coz every nite i hav been tossing n turning finding for a suitable position.. n lately whenever i wanna stand up frm bed / seat i feel heavy and pain "down there".. any mummies experienced the same? yesterday went for my 8mth scanning and baby is all well.. but.. gynae say baby is big.. 2.8kg.. n the head is already "down there".. gosshhh im getting really worried coz im only at my 32 weeks now.. >.<
to all mummies when do u actually start ur ML officially? i wanted to take early coz nowadays get tired easily n to n fro wrk n hm is quite far (Woodlands to Changi).. but im afraid if i take too early n baby came out later it will be a waste.. :( any suggestions?
Hey catlady! I concur to your complaints hahaha...it's soooo difficult to get up of bed. The magnet like toooo strong and you just want to hug your pillow, pull up the blankie and sleep omg. I'm at 34wks now and my maternity leave only starts when I turn 38wks! However, my gynae is looking forward (desperately at that! bcuz i am at high risk pregnancy situation) to giving me 1mth hospitalization leave before my maternity leave starts but er...I don't actually want it as no replacement at my site yet :( Have you enquired with your HR or boss when you can start your ML?

missolive

Hi catlady, wow your baby is big :) mine was only 2.2kg on 8 months if I remember correctly. Try not to eat too much sweet things ya, cos I remembered during last few weeks baby can grow very fast, like my ds. And bigger baby will take longer to push out too. That's why this time I'd rather take easy on sweet stuff.

I also find it very hard to find comfortable position. Sleeping wise I prefer side ways with 2 bolsters, snatch my hubby's haha. I also felt the pain down there everytime standing up, should be the pressure and our pelvic adjusting. It's normal.

For ML, I suggest to take it later. I know it's a pain to go office during this time. I used to travel from sembawang to buona vista too :( but you will need your ML more after baby is born. It is much worth it, trust me. So better tahan first ok. Jiayou!