EDD June 2013

Currently my baby boy is around 2.6kg.. from last week check up.. next week (2 weeks interval) for one final check before doing the every week visitng of gyne. Anxious about it.. what is the ideal weight for baby for natural birth

Missolive, sounds like contractions! I'm experiencing that too but not regular and not increasing in frequency and intensity so my gynae says it's braxton hicks. Monitor and time? 4-5 times a day is normal.

Daddybiker, imho, no hurry to buy carrier. Wait till baby is born then go to the shops to try to see which one baby is comfy with. My no.1 rejected all types of carriers :(
Ya. after seeing the reply.. i guess i will wait for awhile 1st before deciding buy or dun buy

catlady

Hey catlady! I concur to your complaints hahaha...it's soooo difficult to get up of bed. The magnet like toooo strong and you just want to hug your pillow, pull up the blankie and sleep omg. I'm at 34wks now and my maternity leave only starts when I turn 38wks! However, my gynae is looking forward (desperately at that! bcuz i am at high risk pregnancy situation) to giving me 1mth hospitalization leave before my maternity leave starts but er...I don't actually want it as no replacement at my site yet :( Have you enquired with your HR or boss when you can start your ML?

@honeyz09 high5.. haha juz feel like wanna stay in bed all day long... but amazingly when not wrking very easy to wake up.. but once we are out of the hse we will be yawning all the way.. haha
For my ML i have informed both my HR n boss and they let me choose when my own comfort dates as I have someone covering me since the past few mths (as i was hospitalised in Feb thus the early replacement).. My frens also told me to keep my ML till the very last min.. hahaha hope i can endure n persevere at least till next mth..

catlady

Hi catlady, wow your baby is big :) mine was only 2.2kg on 8 months if I remember correctly. Try not to eat too much sweet things ya, cos I remembered during last few weeks baby can grow very fast, like my ds. And bigger baby will take longer to push out too. That's why this time I'd rather take easy on sweet stuff.

I also find it very hard to find comfortable position. Sleeping wise I prefer side ways with 2 bolsters, snatch my hubby's haha. I also felt the pain down there everytime standing up, should be the pressure and our pelvic adjusting. It's normal.

For ML, I suggest to take it later. I know it's a pain to go office during this time. I used to travel from sembawang to buona vista too :( but you will need your ML more after baby is born. It is much worth it, trust me. So better tahan first ok. Jiayou!

@missolive yarhhh very big.. my weight has been pretty stagnant lately.. guess all the weights go to my baby... but i dun remember eating lots of sugary stuffs.. in fact my appetite has reduced for the past few wks esp at nite as i tend to get heartburn easily.. so i go slow on the food.. dunnoe why baby can grow so fast.. im also worried if too big very difficult to push.. but hopefully all goes well..

honeyz09

@honeyz09 high5.. haha juz feel like wanna stay in bed all day long... but amazingly when not wrking very easy to wake up.. but once we are out of the hse we will be yawning all the way.. haha
For my ML i have informed both my HR n boss and they let me choose when my own comfort dates as I have someone covering me since the past few mths (as i was hospitalised in Feb thus the early replacement).. My frens also told me to keep my ML till the very last min.. hahaha hope i can endure n persevere at least till next mth..
Ooooh lucky you! I'm chasing my boss for replacement else my desk would be *gasps* looks like a murder has taken place or something -.-"

Jia you! Jia you! This is the race to the finishing line oredy hehehe...I'm also trying to perservere for 4 more weeks bcuz I dun want a preterm labour to occur again like my two kids (haiyah...gynae say fat hope lah but one does no harm to hope & wish right? LOL!). Let's try to scold ourselves when we yawn and look forward to the day we get to reunite back with out beds. hahahahah!:tlaugh:

honeyz09

Currently my baby boy is around 2.6kg.. from last week check up.. next week (2 weeks interval) for one final check before doing the every week visitng of gyne. Anxious about it.. what is the ideal weight for baby for natural birth
Congrats daddy-to-be! That seems like the average weight of babies during these weeks. I guess anywhere above 2.5kg at fullterm (37wks and above) is considered well. For my both kids, first one was born at 36.9wks @2.4kg and second one was born at 36.0wks@1.7kg and both had to stay in hosp longer until they gained 2.5kg before they are allowed to be released.

missolive

Catlady, hehe that's good, easier for you to go back pre pregnancy weight later. It might just be the genes. My hubby is quite big size, so my son was 3.7kg when he was born hehe. Anyway, just jiayou n dont worry too much :)

Daddybiker, my gynae told me 3kg-3.2kg will be ideal, just push push a few times then baby can easily come out. As mine last time, he was 3.7kg, still can do normal, but of course longer to push..

missolive

Mrsred, nvr thought abt the garbage bag n towel..I think I will prepare also for some messy situation hehe..btw have u thought abt if our water break when hubby is in office? My hubby's office is 45mins from home le, should I wait for him? Should I take taxi? I even ask my hubby if I should drive myself to hospital, my hubby freaked out and say, are you crazy?? Haha..

Tomorrow will have my 35 weeks check up so will ask my gynae abt the braxton hicks.

roudx

I had my 35 weeks check up last week. Baby at 2.55KG . Gynae say is average weight. Head down...
I am also preparing already. Now at 36 weeks. And I'm thinking to go on ML on 31st May , if I can wait. My EDD is 5th June lol. I wanna fully use my ML. Cause time with BB more precious. It's super tiring now, but I guess it's worth it cause I'll have more time for my baby :)

Qian1984

Mine 33wks only 1.8kg lo. But I purposely kept it small for easier natural delivery llol now feeling really heavy and I need to use small bolsters to support the bb bump while I zzz sideways. V difficult to get up definitely, always need my hubb to gimme a hand.

btw catlady, if ur symptoms not v jialat right I suggest u to hold onto ur ML.. Cos it is actually more useful and urgent when bb is out. Me self employed la so no leave. Muahaha..

mrsred

Thanks catlady! Will try ur massage tip! I'll definitely try it!

I tried googling but the position seemed quite challenging (and illogical?). Like i have to kneel at the edge of sofa then bend forward to put my elbow on the ground. By gravity, seems like baby's head will be on top instead of head down...

mrsred

Missolive, my husband was the one who remembered the garbage bag and towel. Cars quite precious to men...

I'll prob wait for my husband to pick me up regardless of how far he is. Good to have him ard. I definitely wont drive myself!! I've stopped driving for awhile cos cant sit straight!

Mopiko

I just did a handover to my team today and I feel so relieved.. But I told them I will still work on the projects and let them take over once my ML starts.. Nowadays I always sleep facing the right side.. Feels much comfy and of course with 2 bolsters hugging me front and back haha
Body temperature seems to rise too.. I put the aircon to 21 degree everynite and still feeling warm while my hubby covered himself with blankets.. Hahaha
do you feel warm too?

Im going to baby expo this weekend.. Anyone of u going too? And any brand to recommend for sterilizer?

roudx, you can actually request from you gyne to have 1 to 2 weeks of mc for you to rest at home. think this will work better that way

a lot of our friends advised my wife to wait for me if water bag breaks.. cos there will be enough time for her to be fetch home take shower, change then go to hospital.

roudx

@daddybiker : means my gynae can give me MC of 1-2weeks of rest , instead of me getting ML earlier before due?
Means i'm able to save all my ML for my baby after birth?

honeyz09

Roudx, if your gynae is very nice, he can give you Hospital Leave instead of MC. Some of us only have 14 days MC entitlement right but have 60 days Hospital Leave entitlement so better to use HL than MC. Since my gynae have been pushing me to take it, I'll be taking 2wks before my actual ML starts :)

catlady

@honeyz09 when is ur edd? when did u plan to start ur ML?
my boss n HR has been asking when I wanna start my ML but I guess i will only give the ans after I see my gynae again on 20th.. hehe very indecisive..

any mummies here going for the baby expo fair tomorrow onwards? what are u guys planning to buy frm the fair? for me im goin tomorrow after werk since i werk nearby.. :) n i hav lots to buy.. hopefully hubby can reach on time to carry the things.. otherwise i will be like santa claus.. hehe

honeyz09

@honeyz09 when is ur edd? when did u plan to start ur ML?
my boss n HR has been asking when I wanna start my ML but I guess i will only give the ans after I see my gynae again on 20th.. hehe very indecisive..

any mummies here going for the baby expo fair tomorrow onwards? what are u guys planning to buy frm the fair? for me im goin tomorrow after werk since i werk nearby.. :) n i hav lots to buy.. hopefully hubby can reach on time to carry the things.. otherwise i will be like santa claus.. hehe
I've already planned my ML to start on June 10 so my last day at work will be June 7! My EDD is June 18 so playing very precariously with the dates even though gynae worn many a times baby will be premature, baby will be premature, baby will be premature. Really crossing everything from eyes , nose , fingers, ears all that baby wills tay in till 38th week then she can play peek-a-boo with me lah. *toink*

The baby expo is at expo there?? What time to what time eh??

roudx

@honeyz09 : My gynae didn't mention anything to me regarding ML anyway. So I didn't know he can give me MC .. Lol. Anyway, my EDD is on 5th June. And I'm only taking my ML on 31st May. Hopefully I'm still able to take, or go into early labor. Keeping my finger cross =/