EDD June 2013

mrsred

Better to check ur company's policy. Some companies dont recognise hospitalization leave given by private gynaes. For my last pregnancy, my hospitalization leave given by gynae was considered as mc. :(

Any mummies here leaking colostrum? What can i do with it? Last time round i just let it drip, but seems quite wasted right?

honeyz09

Better to check ur company's policy. Some companies dont recognise hospitalization leave given by private gynaes. For my last pregnancy, my hospitalization leave given by gynae was considered as mc. :(

Any mummies here leaking colostrum? What can i do with it? Last time round i just let it drip, but seems quite wasted right?
I've checked already and yup, can use as HL instead of MC :) but true eh, some co. policies might be different especially if you work for SMEs. I dunno, maybe...

I'm still breastfeeding my #2 but tandem nursing at night only so my breasts have not "filled up" at all during my pregnancy. No chance LOL!

catlady

wahhh seems like most of u mummies here take ML 10 days aways from ur edd.. i hope i can still make it till then.. haha for me i guess i will wait till my appt on 20th n discuss with her on when shud i start taking my ML..

@honeyz09 - yes baby expo fair is at singapore expo.. frm 10-12 May, 10 & 11 May 11am to 9pm while 12 May 11am to 8pm.. :)

honeyz09

wahhh seems like most of u mummies here take ML 10 days aways from ur edd.. i hope i can still make it till then.. haha for me i guess i will wait till my appt on 20th n discuss with her on when shud i start taking my ML..

@honeyz09 - yes baby expo fair is at singapore expo.. frm 10-12 May, 10 & 11 May 11am to 9pm while 12 May 11am to 8pm.. :)
Oh I heard from some mums is FB that this baby expo is the small one. They'll have the bigger one end May!!! Guess I'm not going down since I've gotten majority of the needful items from hands me downs of my kids. This time around expenditure is less...phewwww

honeyz09

Wow! Honeyz09, i didnt know it is possible to continue breastfeed even while pregnant! U're amazing!
LOL! Thanks mrsred. Honestly, my breasts have not stopped milking since I gave birth to my first son in 2007 and there was never a period of time where I was not breasfeeding! My son stopped at 4 and then his sister came along and up till now lor. They happy being at their Mama's bussoms, I guess hahahhaha..

It's not easy to BF while this heavily preg but I make do as my child wants that comfort feed at night. Tho I bet it's gonna be a HUGE headache when #3 comes and #2 also want's comfort feed still. *pulls hair*

And yesss...just had my 34wks gynae visit during lunch hour just now and looking at it, my gynae wants me to check-in on 3 June to induce birth becuase he is super afraid I'll give birth at home or at work or wherever I am -.-". Pushing for 37.5wks to have this induction done so at least it's better to know baby is going to be born in hospital rather than anywhere else. Also, my gal's weight is a mere 1.9kg today and I lost 700g. Seriously don't know why I cannot gain healthy weight during pregnancy. So sad :(

Hope you all are going through this final race with anxiety but excitement as well!

missolive

Wow honeyz, really admire you! Breastfeeding is not easy yet you have been doing it non stop since 2007... that's amazing le.. I stopped bf-ing around the first few weeks of my second pregnancy cos suddenly production dropped and my son became upset and wake up frequently at night, in the end I gave him formula and slowly wean him off the breast.. so sad.. hopefully my second one will be bf at least 2 years..

Mrsred, wow you leaked alrdy. I guess leave it leaked cos not sure if it's ok to keep that long. Anw you will have enough fresh one when baby arrives :)

Mopiko

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]

[HR][/HR]Btw, have you heard of baby kingdom store before? I'm looking for similar shop to that.. Any recommendations pls?
[/FONT]

Faitheee

Hello mummies,
So great to see this thread so active! I'm now going onto 37 weeks and my baby girl is weighing 2.3kg. Gynae says if she doesn't put on too much weight suddenly, she should be 3kg when she is born.
Been feeling excited yet scared at the same time. Cos this is my first child and I am the kind who is super scared of pain. SO also abit scared ah. Hubby and I have been counting down with our baby girl everyday, telling her the date and how many days left before she will be born. My EDD is 8 June and we've been telling her to come out only after 3 June. Haha..
Btw where can I buy maternity pads? Been advised to have maternity pads bcos we will be leaking after giving birth. But so far, I can only find Kotex ones at Watsons.
Any mummies gonna share 1 week of ur maternity leave with ur hubby? I am. :)

mrsred

Hi Mopiko, u can try Cheong Choon at Chinatown. They have promotions from time to time, esp when there are ongoing baby fairs. But u cant see the physical product for big items. Only catalogue. I bought my Quinny Zapp and a Mamalove rocker from them. U can also call to check price then pay cash.

Hi Faitheee, 3kg seems like a very comfortable weight! I'm also super scared of pain and i think i waited too long to ask for epidural the 1st time round. This time, i'll ask for epidural as soon as my butt touches the bed. Haha! U can get maternity pads at ntuc or any supermarket. I got the Kotex maternity loop at Taka Baby fair (10 pieces for $1.70) but i realised NTUC sells a pack of 20 for $3.45... Hospital will give u some to bring home also. :)

missolive

Faitheee, 3kg is great. My gynae keep on remind me that 3-3.2kg will be great, push two three times baby will come out :) btw for the pad, I saw one brand that tmc provide mommies in kiddy palace marina square, can't remember the brand. It's those wide n long n without those web like surface, which might irritate the stitches, ugghh.. not sure bout the price though..

Oh and to all mommies and mommies to be, happy mother's day to u all :)

roudx

Gynae never tell me what weight is good. But he told me most probably my girl will b 3.1kg when delivering :p
Am at 2.55KG last week

honeyz09

Ooooh envious of you mummies! None of my kids reached 2.5kg and gynae already said this #3 won't reach 2.5kg too! I love michelin babiessssss hahahahaha!

Faitheee

Ooooh envious of you mummies! None of my kids reached 2.5kg and gynae already said this #3 won't reach 2.5kg too! I love michelin babiessssss hahahahaha!
Bcos I was born premature (2kg only), I feel that anything above 2kg is heavy. Haha.. Anyway, as long as baby is healthy, then the weight doesn't really matter right..

roudx

@Faitheee : U were born @ 2kg? That's pretty small ! I was born premature too @ 2.2kg haha... So now I tell my hubby that our girl is much better than me because she weighs 2.55KG 2 weeks back when her mummy was only 2.2kg when she was born lol.

As long as gynae never mention anything, the weight of the baby should be fine. Everytime I go scanning, he updates me the weight and always says it's average. So should be good for ourselves.

honeyz09

Hmmmmm...to think back, indeed. I was born under 2.5kg also hehehe... Oh well, yesss, as long as baby is healthy, that all that matters! Tho' some of my galpals who gave birth to babies above 3kg had such an ardous labour because baby was too big. Doesn't seem overly true for some mummies here with experience eh?

Then again, my baby small also good since I'm a short 1.5m tall only LOL! If a big baby tried to get out of me, that would be difficult =\