EDD June 2013

roudx

Thanks everyone !

was too busy taking care of my girl after my discharge. Finally got time to online after dinner as my girl is sound asleep.
its tiring as I gave birth 2 weeks earlier and my confinement lady will only be able to come on Monday night as she has other confinement assignment.
I tried enduring the pain for 7 hours hoping to go epidural-less. But I just gave up when the pain is too unbearable. I swear it hurts like hell that I'm gonna pull out all my hair haha. Hubby said he's heart pain seeing me this painful. So we opted for epidural shortly after.
my girl weighs 2.9kg when she's out.

During first few days my breast got so engorged that the duct is blocked. It's so painful for me that I almost gave up breast feeding.
now my supply also not much. But still able to feed my girl. But I still give her 1-2 bottles of fm per day ..

Wanna ask you all for opnion.. Wife 39th weeks le.. due anytime.. should be a happy occasion but currently my grandma is critical in hospital. previously I was quite against induce method and wife is open to option.. But now a little confuse state as I was hoping my grandma will get to meet him.. But even so.. am thinking it is kinda selfish to have this thinking even though wife is quite supportive.. just ned some opnion asap

Hi Daddybiker @ 39 weeks think is pretty safe to induce (for baby at least)... but the downside is, if fail to deliver within certain time after induce...your wife may need to go for c-sect...check with your gynae for more details

sgmel

baby at 36weeks

Just went for my monthly check up. Baby is Only weighing 2.1kg and I'm already 2-3cm dilated. Hoping my baby to stay inside longer. My due date is 23/6.

mrsred

Hi Daddybiker, my gynae said after 38 weeks, it doesnt make much of a difference to the organs in terms of development. I think it would be nice for your grandma to meet her great grandson. My grandma had many wonderful moments with my no.1 and it is a treasured memory for all of us. Plus, if baby is of a suitable weight, then better in than out!

sgmel

Hi, gynae didn't mention about the mucus plug. He Just injected me and hoping my baby will not come out so soon. I'm going for my Next visiting a week later. Guess he will admit me then.update again: )

cel88

Hi roudx,

Congrats! yours consider a smooth delivery. At least your cervix dilates. heard alot of cases where cervix not dilated and have to go for emergency c-sec.
I am waiting for my turn. Tomorrow check up hopefully my gynae can tell me i am at least a few cm dilated.

Faitheee

Is it a standard thing for gynaes to check for dilation? I am at 39weeks now. Just went to gynae yesterday, but he didn't check for dilation. Did a scan, said that my girl's head is not engaged yet and that's all. Told me to pay attention to her movements, make sure she is not moving less than usual, and take note of any tightening of uterus.

roudx

@cel88 : thanks ! Well yes lucky enough I dilated ! I wouldn't want to go into emergency c sect . Now under confinement. Pretty hot these days!!

@faithee : my Gynae didn't check me for dilation until I suffered very bad back aches. Put me on machine den check my cervix...

Qiannyang

Hi Mummies, baby girl is currently 36 weeks and 2.7kg. But both hubby and I (during pre-preg) are underweight. Am afraid that baby might be too huge for natural. Should I start to watch my diet and stop eating durian?

And should I be worried that there's a loop of umbilical cord tied around her neck? Thank you.

Last edited:

mrsred

jdmum:792972 said:
Mrsred, during my prev delivery, I was asked by a nurse if I wanted to donate it n I agreed.
Oh, just like that? The website said need to meet a consultant for interview and all. Thanks for ur reply! I'll speak to my gynae abt it. :)

roudx

@qianyang : did ur Gynae ask u to watch ur diet? If not would be just fine. I have a colleague, Gynae told her that if she don't gain weight, her bb will be too big. Because what she eats, goes to her bb. It's getting too big for her.
If Gynae nv mention, shud b ok

Mopiko

Hello mummies, long time i never post anything here! congrats to roudx for the smooth delivery ;)

I am officially 36 weeks today and will go for e-csec on 12 June! im counting down the days.. so excited! Take care!

missolive

Hi qianyang, u mean there IS a loop of cord ard her neck? Or you are only worried that will happen? It might be a problem, but if gynae nvr mention I think you no need to worry. Abt weight, I suggest eat less durian ba. I remembered last preg I had craving for durian during my last weeks, n baby grew from normal size to giant size hehe..

I just had my 38 week check yesterday. Gynae said baby's head is low, but there's still no dilation, so she said that most prob I won't deliver this week, sian..I'm feeling lots of thightness and pressure down there constantly throughout the day.

cel88

Hi all, i just had my lower section c-sec done on 29 may. Gynae said my bb's head could be too big for my small pelvis and gave me option to either induce or c-sec. My water bag level also low, cant wait til EDD 7 Jun. Contemplate for very long, then decide no induce, straight to c-sec since induce can take many hrs.
My prince came out Exactly 3kg, 50cm with head circumference 35.5cm. Gynae said usually easier to deliver vaginally shld be about 34-35cm. But pelvis size also plays a part.

cel88

Hi missolive, my bb's head also low but not engaged, so if not engaged, probably wun help dilate the cervix. I also feel alot of tightening but sianz when gynae said no dilation, so c-sec in the end as water level low.

missolive

Cell88, congrats!! It doesn't matter csect or normal as long baby is healthy ya.. take good care! My gynae said if until edd the baby still decide not to come then we will think abt inducing, sian.. hopefully no need to induce this time, heard inducing will make the pain much more intense..