EDD June 2013

berenicechan

Hi fellow mummies, I'm very new here! My little girl was born on 6th June 2013, she was born at 38 weeks 5 days and quite a small baby at 2.65kg. After struggling with breastfeeding for 3 weeks, she developed a fever and dehydration. Pediatrician suggested giving FM but I decided to express my breast milk and feed through a bottle instead. Presently, she will latch on occasionally but she still prefers the EBM from the bottle. How much EBM are you mummies feeding your little ones and how often? My little girl is currently drinking 80-90ml every 3-hourly in the day and 3.5-hourly, sometimes 4-hourly at night.

Faitheee

Hi berenicechan,
welcome! My girl is just 2 days older than urs! Very small also, born 2.69kg.
I bottle feed her ebm at night. When she was 2wks old, she drank 80ml. 3wks drink 90ml. Now 1mth drink 100ml. Can last around 3hrs. So i guess ur amount & frequency is fine..

mrsred

berenicechan:804066 said:
Hi fellow mummies, I'm very new here! My little girl was born on 6th June 2013, she was born at 38 weeks 5 days and quite a small baby at 2.65kg. After struggling with breastfeeding for 3 weeks, she developed a fever and dehydration. Pediatrician suggested giving FM but I decided to express my breast milk and feed through a bottle instead. Presently, she will latch on occasionally but she still prefers the EBM from the bottle. How much EBM are you mummies feeding your little ones and how often? My little girl is currently drinking 80-90ml every 3-hourly in the day and 3.5-hourly, sometimes 4-hourly at night.
Hi Berenice! My baby was born on 11 June, now she is 3 weeks old and drinking 110ml every 2-2.5 hours. Growth spurt now!

Sounds like ur baby can differentiate between day and night already. Wow!!

Mopiko

Hi mummies, I have US set Avent Dual Pump letting it go for $150 without bottles and sealing discs (for hygiene purpose). Bought the pump in Dec 2012 but realized I prefer Medela as it is more compact to bring to work.

Pls contact me at 81807639 or email to dsenaputra@gmail.com if you are keen.

THank you.

avent2.jpg

Joywong

I'm exclusively BF my boy too ... Rest more and Dont worry too much on whether you have enough and your milk will come :)

Joywong

Hi mummies I also delivered at mount e .. 3D2n paid $5k after medisave (inclusive of hubby side and my boy circumcision , natural delivery w/o epidural) ... Hope this helps !

Hi mummies I also delivered at mount e .. 3D2n paid $5k after medisave (inclusive of hubby side and my boy circumcision , natural delivery w/o epidural) ... Hope this helps !
Hi Joywong, just wondering do they give your baby anesthesia when they circumcised him?

mrsred

Is anyone doing exclusive pumping? My baby is 3+ weeks old and drinking 120ml every 1hr40mins. Seems like a lot hor. I'm afraid of overfeeding but she seems really hungry and finished everything every feed!

Do babies know how to stop when they're full?

Faitheee

I'm not doing exclusive pumping but i bottle feed ebm to my girl at night. She's now 5wks old & takes 100ml. Can last 2.5-3hrs. But then again, she's quite small (3.7kg now). I guess every baby is different.
I think if baby is full, she will stop drinking? If my girl stops sucking the bottle no matter how i tap the bottle, tap her mouth, burp her n hold the bottle there, i justvtake it as she is full liao. Is it the correct way? Any experienced mummy can share?

berenicechan

I'm not doing exclusive pumping but i bottle feed ebm to my girl at night. She's now 5wks old & takes 100ml. Can last 2.5-3hrs. But then again, she's quite small (3.7kg now). I guess every baby is different.
I think if baby is full, she will stop drinking? If my girl stops sucking the bottle no matter how i tap the bottle, tap her mouth, burp her n hold the bottle there, i justvtake it as she is full liao. Is it the correct way? Any experienced mummy can share?
Hi Faitheee, that's what I do too! Sometimes, she will push the bottle teat away. In the last week, she has been drinking 100-120ml every 3 hours. My little girl is almost 5 weeks and she's 3.7kg too.

Mrsred, can I please be added to the June 2013 Mummies Facebook too? :)

mrsred

Hi berenicechan, sure! Just PM me your Facebook name and email then I can add u as friend and add u to the group.

Anyone else??

roudx

Hi mummies, been away for quite awhile. My girl also drink 100ML per 3 hours now. And can last 5-7hours at night without milk while sleeping.
I delivered at thomson, normal delivery with epi. But i also paid 4.1k cash after deducting medisave. Like very expensive...

When I brought my girl for her 1st month injection, the nurse said my girl is above average based on the chart. She's weighing 4.3kg by then. birth weight is 2.9kg.

Is anyone doing exclusive pumping? My baby is 3+ weeks old and drinking 120ml every 1hr40mins. Seems like a lot hor. I'm afraid of overfeeding but she seems really hungry and finished everything every feed!

Do babies know how to stop when they're full?
Yes they know. don't worry. If you feed using bottle, they tend to drink more because the flow is faster unlike direct latching.

Last edited:

cincin

hi mommies.. any little one who is sleeping most of the time? my little one is 6 weeks old and sleeps most of the time. i am alternating with ebm and direct latching.. she's taking about 80 ml every 2-2.5 hrs while on EBM.

mrsred

cincin:807991 said:
hi mommies.. any little one who is sleeping most of the time? my little one is 6 weeks old and sleeps most of the time. i am alternating with ebm and direct latching.. she's taking about 80 ml every 2-2.5 hrs while on EBM.
Cincin, u're one lucky mummy!! Mine keeps wanting to be carried, ie... awake and wants to be entertained