EDD June 2013

Baby Julia

Hi I'm new here and a new mom. Gave birth to my baby girl on 2 June. She was 2.880kg and weighs 4.7kg now. I'm feeding her ebm in the day and formula at night. She's drinking 120ml now every 3 hourly or so. At night she can sleep for 5 hours or more after each feed. Her longest record was 7 hours and i had to woke her up for milk :p

Fyi, 5-in-1 injection at polyclinic is free.

Can i be added to the group too :)

mrsred

Baby Julia:810878 said:
Hi I'm new here and a new mom. Gave birth to my baby girl on 2 June. She was 2.880kg and weighs 4.7kg now. I'm feeding her ebm in the day and formula at night. She's drinking 120ml now every 3 hourly or so. At night she can sleep for 5 hours or more after each feed. Her longest record was 7 hours and i had to woke her up for milk :p

Fyi, 5-in-1 injection at polyclinic is free.

Can i be added to the group too :)
Hi Baby Julia, sure! Just PM me ur Facebook username or email so that I can add u as a friend and then to the group!

Hi any mommies doing total bf here? How freq does your baby latch & for how long?

My boi born 3 June still latch about every hour or so in the day. Though middle of the night feeds are reducing. (now only once or twice)

Faitheee

I'm doing total bf, and my girl latches on every 1.5-2hrs. Each feed will take 30-45min. Quite tiring but as long as she is healthy, i will press on..

Miez

Hi all mommies, this is my maiden post and my little girl is born on 11 jun..wanted to give exclusive bm but supply dun seems to be enough so gotta supplement with fm. For those who express, what is your freq and vol? I used to do 4 hrly but shortenin to 3 hrly to meet bb demands..per express only abt 100ml and bb started to b able to take 110-120ml now..
I would like to join the fb grp to get to know more mommies. Pls add me @ sammiechm@yahoo.com
Many tks..

Baby Julia

i used to pump every 3 hourly but now no time so i'm doing it about every 5-7 hourly. the supply seems to be about the same as when i was pumping more often. i'm supplementing with 1-2 feed of fm at night.

Littlekk

I'm doing direct bf fully too! Used to give a feed of fm at night but have since stopped... dear son feeds almost every hour in the day, for about 10-15mins and about 3 times at night.. Born on 5th June.. Can mummies share their babies birth weight and current weight too? Mine was 3.06kg at birth and 5.1kg at 8 weeks..

Baby Julia

I'm doing direct bf fully too! Used to give a feed of fm at night but have since stopped... dear son feeds almost every hour in the day, for about 10-15mins and about 3 times at night.. Born on 5th June.. Can mummies share their babies birth weight and current weight too? Mine was 3.06kg at birth and 5.1kg at 8 weeks..
My gal was born on 2 June. 2.880kg at birth and 4.7kg at 8th week.

Hope experienced mommies can help with the following:
- do i need to sterilise the milk bottle after every use? my mil prefers to rinse with hot water and im a bit concern if its gd enuf
- should i train my girl to have a fixed drinking schedule at night so that it will be easier for me when i go back to work?
- should i wake my girl up for feeding in the day?
- my girl doesnt pass motion everyday...sometimes can be up to 5-7 days....is it common?
- should i cont to swaddle my girl? i noticed that she is struggling to get her hands out in her sleep. but if i dont swaddle, she'll rub her face and wave her hands in the air....seems to affect her sleep.
- should i cont to put on mittens and booties? im concern that she'll feel cold and scratch her face.
- how should i dress her in the day and night so that she will not feel too hot nor catch a cold?

Thanks in advance!

Littlekk

Hi baby Julia! Have mostly the same concerns as u so I hope other mommies can share! I do have some insight on a few of your qns though, through enquiring during my antenatal classes.

Babies don't have to pass motion everyday, ESP for bf babies. This may be a gd thing even, cos it means baby is digesting everything, hence no waste. Of cos, provided that she is happy and gaining enough weight with 5/6 wet diapers a day.

Recommended to dress baby just one layer more than YOU would be comfy in :)

As for mittens, it's time to remove them so baby can start experimenting with their fingers, learn to grab things and self soothe etc. this is the stage whereby they are realizing that they have limbs attached to them lol. I still wear mittens for my boy at night in the air con room after he has fallen asleep though...

So glad to have company! But nowadays my son not only feeds every hour, he cluster feeds from 8pm+ till 3am! Driving me nutz! Then sleeps thru till morning 7,8am. Does anyone else experience this? Asked pediatrician, he said is norm for breastfed babies....faintzzzz

My baby born 3 June. At birth 3.66kg now 6.08kg.

Littlekk

So glad to have company! But nowadays my son not only feeds every hour, he cluster feeds from 8pm+ till 3am! Driving me nutz! Then sleeps thru till morning 7,8am. Does anyone else experience this? Asked pediatrician, he said is norm for breastfed babies....faintzzzz

My baby born 3 June. At birth 3.66kg now 6.08kg.
wow, and I thought mine was tiring alr. Salute you for not giving up and feeding fm at night!!!:red:
mine cluster feeds from 9pm till 12midnight sometimes, den wakes at 5plus... So tempted to give him fm at night but I shall try to persevere...

May I ask how often you all change diapers? For me i change immediately if there is poo, and if I'm using Kao Merries diaper, I will change every 4-5 hours... If huggies then every 2hours or so..

Littlekk

Cherryfrozz, how long are your feeding sessions usually? Mine around 7-9mins per side usually... But my son usually takes one side only, even if he is awake. But if I do manage to make him take both sides, he can last about 2h+ before next feed...

Faitheee

My gal was born on 2 June. 2.880kg at birth and 4.7kg at 8th week.

Hope experienced mommies can help with the following:
- do i need to sterilise the milk bottle after every use? my mil prefers to rinse with hot water and im a bit concern if its gd enuf
- should i train my girl to have a fixed drinking schedule at night so that it will be easier for me when i go back to work?
- should i wake my girl up for feeding in the day?
- my girl doesnt pass motion everyday...sometimes can be up to 5-7 days....is it common?
- should i cont to swaddle my girl? i noticed that she is struggling to get her hands out in her sleep. but if i dont swaddle, she'll rub her face and wave her hands in the air....seems to affect her sleep.
- should i cont to put on mittens and booties? im concern that she'll feel cold and scratch her face.
- how should i dress her in the day and night so that she will not feel too hot nor catch a cold?

Thanks in advance!
Hi there,
I'm a first time mum, so still figuring things out. But can share my experiences..

My girl was 2.69kg at birth, 4.2kg at 8th week.

- I have a few bottles. After every feed, I will soak the bottles first. 'Accumulate' a few bottles then wash and sterilise at one go.
- Mine no fixed schedule. Just feed on demand. Usually she will wake up between 2-3+am and then 5-6+am to feed.
- Mine also doesn't pass motion everyday. Today she 4th day never poo poo already. I have read on some breastfeeding network before that this is normal for bf babies, although in our adult mind, a few days seems like constipation already.
- I took out her mittens and booties in the day since she was 5weeks old so that she can explore. She is licking and eating her fist already. Very cute... At night, I will put back the mittens and booties so that she doesn't scratch herself in her sleep. After removing the mittens, she will definitely scratch herself. We just have to be more diligent in cutting her fingernails. And day time, we can 'keep watch' over her.

Last edited:

Faitheee

wow, and I thought mine was tiring alr. Salute you for not giving up and feeding fm at night!!!:red:
mine cluster feeds from 9pm till 12midnight sometimes, den wakes at 5plus... So tempted to give him fm at night but I shall try to persevere...

May I ask how often you all change diapers? For me i change immediately if there is poo, and if I'm using Kao Merries diaper, I will change every 4-5 hours... If huggies then every 2hours or so..
Can I ask what is cluster feeding?

I usually change diapers every 3-4hrs if no poo. Sometimes can tahan 5hrs even.. Haha.. If got poo then I will change immediately. I using Pet Pet.

How is Kao Merries?

Faitheee

Mine every 1.5-2hrs, for 30min at least. I always wonder how come some babies can latch on 15min and done liao.. Envious.

Btw how are your babies napping? I have a wakeful baby......

Littlekk

Faitheee, cluster feeding means feeding "non-stop" within a time frame period.. Merries is really good, absorbs well and keeps baby dry even when diaper is q full and never leaks unless my baby is sleeping on his tummy. I use a cloth diaper cover to wear over when my baby wants to sleep on his tummy and his solves the leaking prob!

Meries is abit pricier but I feel it's q worth the money because don't have to change as often as compared to a "lousier" diaper that can't hold as well.. I also heard some mommies saying that u don't even have to put nappy rash cream for baby if he is wearing Merries, but I'm kiasu, haha..

my baby is wakeful too unless I rock him to sleep in my arms, in the car, or if I sleep next to him and let him latch till he is sound asleep.. Sometimes once I put him down he wakes up immediately and cries to be carried, even before his head reaches the pillow -.-

Soetimes my baby only wants to latch for 5mins! I'm instead envious of babies who can latch on for longer periods like 30mins, my milk supply isn't fantastic and I've to worry if I've enough milk or if he's drinking enough ;(

Last edited: