EDD June 2013

Littlekk

When I fed my baby ebm and fm during his prolonged jaundice period, I would rinse the used bottle in cold water, den fill with hot water and a little bit of soap, Shake the bottle and let abit of it run though the teat, den leave it in a container. After I collected six dirty bottles den i will soap and clean in warm soapy water before sterilizing in sterilizer...

Last edited:
Actually depends. Can be as short as few mins to 1/2 hr. My son also take one side only, tried feeding 2, but he cannot take it...will puke. Guess coz he got bit of reflux prob, so feed must b kept small & frequent.

Cherryfrozz, how long are your feeding sessions usually? Mine around 7-9mins per side usually... But my son usually takes one side only, even if he is awake. But if I do manage to make him take both sides, he can last about 2h+ before next feed...

Littlekk

I went to my inlaws place to stay for a few days with my boy... Mil kept hogging him and carrying all day, and I realized he doesn't cry for milk or root as often when he is carried by her or sil! Can last 2-3h between each feed in the day instead of just one hour intervals.. I guess because he can smell the milky smell on me and wants to latch for comfort mostly? Haha. Also, each feeding is longer now, about 15-20mins

cherryfrozz, maybe u can try asking other ppl to carry him around for abit and see if he still feeds that often?

but I'm a worrywart mommy, now, i worry instead that my milk supply will fall since he nurses less often :X

Littlekk guess ur bb no reflux ? Congrats guess u can stretch to 2h then. For me if too long timing becomes ds too hungry then will have vicious cycle of crying 4 milk, overfeed puke then crying for milk again.

shinl

Hi mommies,

My girl is 6 weeks old now.. anyone else facing a cranky baby? my girl would cry for half an hour before anything..... she would cry before latching and she would cry before sleeping.. *stressed*

Littlekk

Littlekk guess ur bb no reflux ? Congrats guess u can stretch to 2h then. For me if too long timing becomes ds too hungry then will have vicious cycle of crying 4 milk, overfeed puke then crying for milk again.
He used to have bad reflux!! Will throw up a lot like Merlion haha.. But PD said it would just be a phase and when his digestive system improves and his tummy grows bigger to accommodate more milk, it will improve, and indeed it has . Jiayou and hang in there!!!

Last edited:

Faitheee

Hi mommies,

My girl is 6 weeks old now.. anyone else facing a cranky baby? my girl would cry for half an hour before anything..... she would cry before latching and she would cry before sleeping.. *stressed*
Don't be stressed.. This phase will pass.. How abt trying to latch her on before she cries?

My baby used to be very wakeful in the day. She can go through the day without a single nap, and someone must be playing with her or carrying her, if not she will cryyyyyy her lungs out. She also nursed like, every 1-1.5hours, so i was very tired, frustrated & emo that time. Hubby's support & my mum's help made a great diff.. Now my baby is 9wks old & better already.. So.. press on shinl!!

Littlekk

Yup, I experienced the same thing as faithee when my son was 6 weeks, super fussy baby esp at night, i had to sing to him, play music, white noise etc to try to soothe him. And now at 9 weeks, he is happy and smiley most of the time ;)

jiayou!

Cosha

Hi mummies,
I delivered on 10jun. My son is not sleeping well this week and often wants to be carried! He cluster feeds from 10pm to 1am. So I usually latch him till I fall asleep first haha. May I know how much bm should a 8 week old drink? My boy's intake decreased but shorter intervals and his poo is sometimes yellow sometimes orange. Is it normal?

shinl

hello.. thanks for your replies.. its comforting to know i am not the only one facing this. I thought I did something wrong somewhere thats why the stress o.o
sometimes its obvious she wants to latch because her mouth would be open so wide.. but when i offer her the breast she would start crying and push herself away.. i would need to carry her n walk around to soothe and try to offer again. sometimes.. maybe because i kept offering she became soooo angry at the breast.. but then when she's settled her mouth kept opening! so confusing

Wah that's good... tot reflux normally takes abt 4 months to resolve...on a side note.. seems that my son's feeding timing is naturally extending... now stretching to 2 hour feeds! Good news for me, but becomes he pukes after each feed, but at least now is only few mouthfuls kind not the merlion type. More clothes to wash though...haa

He used to have bad reflux!! Will throw up a lot like Merlion haha.. But PD said it would just be a phase and when his digestive system improves and his tummy grows bigger to accommodate more milk, it will improve, and indeed it has . Jiayou and hang in there!!!

I also dunno how much coz latch haha... but I think cluster feed that timing should b normal bah. Coz they need to feed more that timing to last the night. My son also.. but after that he can last till 4am or 5,6 am even. Color wise yah I observe his poo range from light yellow to dark mustard. But orange color so far I never c b4.

Hi mummies,
I delivered on 10jun. My son is not sleeping well this week and often wants to be carried! He cluster feeds from 10pm to 1am. So I usually latch him till I fall asleep first haha. May I know how much bm should a 8 week old drink? My boy's intake decreased but shorter intervals and his poo is sometimes yellow sometimes orange. Is it normal?

shinl

Hi mummies,
Hey hey,

my friend said she fed 120ml of ebm for her 8 week old. My girl is cluster feeding also.. every night.. from about 9 to 12mn..I do get orangey poo from her too especially after I ate chilli. So i thought its because of what i ate

Cosha

Oh... that explains the orangey poo... think I ate something spicy. Got to monitor what we ate too. Btw do you ladies have supply issues? Im am still trying to biuld my supply and hope to stock eome before I return to work. But it seems like I only have just enough or have to supplement at times.

shinl

I built mine during the 2nd week cause the confinement nanny kept saying my milk not enough =.=

so i pumped after feeding for 3 days.. literally milking round e clock.. that was very very very tiring.. nw i have enough to feed a twin lol and faced another problem shortly after.. my girl kept choking coz of the fast milkflow

Cosha

Wah... can store alot! My 8 weeks old drinks about 90 to 120ml 2 to 2.5 hrs intervals. I must jia you can keep drinking the milk tea and pumping!

Potofstars

I built mine during the 2nd week cause the confinement nanny kept saying my milk not enough =.=

so i pumped after feeding for 3 days.. literally milking round e clock.. that was very very very tiring.. now i have enough to feed a twin lol and faced another problem shortly after.. my girl kept choking coz of the fast milkflow
Mine too! My boy chokes because of the fast letdown and occasionally refuses to feed.
Quite a problem. Have been fully latching him since birth. Tried to introduce bottle past few days but he rejects then. *stressed*

Faitheee

Hi mummies,
I am going to intro formula milk in preparation of going back to work. How should I intro it? Let baby have one meal BM then next meal FM? Or feed BM then top up with FM?
TIA.

Potofstars

Hi mummies,
I am going to intro formula milk in preparation of going back to work. How should I intro it? Let baby have one meal BM then next meal FM? Or feed BM then top up with FM?
TIA.
I think should replace the feeds that you are not going to be around with FM

shinl

i dont have experience but based on my friend's.. she does it by replacing bm by fm one meal a day. so for eg; today replace 9am feed by fm n e rest still do bm. tml replace 9am and 12nn feed by fm, e rest still do bm. continue till u replace fully by fm. she also advised me not to give the fm but let someone else do it as e baby may get confused and refuse the fm. hope this helps