EDD June 2015

3sthomas

I am expecting and already on my 6th weeks.

Will be seeing th gynae on coming 11 Nov...abit nervous and dunno what to expect???

Doc presribed me folic acid only, currently experiencing morning and night sickness...

appetite not good too...eat too full will feel nausea, eat too little will hungry... =(

Hope to get more mummies to join and share their experiences as I am relatively new to this

Last edited:

sushanwon8

Hello!

I am also on my 6th weeks. :)
Do keep yourself hydrated, my gynae told me to at least drink 1.5L of water daily and try to have small meals instead of 3 full meals.
Folic acid is good enough for now, your doctor will prescribe prenatal supplements & hormone pills (to help with the growth of the baby's).
Most importantly, be positive and stay happy.

cheers....

3sthomas

cheers

Thanks, good luck to you and Baby too. Thanks for sharing, is this your first child? I am having my first...will be seeing my gynae next week..so excited

dolphin123

Hi there, just wanted to leave some words of encouragement. :)

Expecting no.3 now at 8 weeks. My first time commenting on a parenting forum. At the next scan, you should be able to see your baby's heartbeat which would be a wonderful experience. Folic acid alone should be sufficient for now. I'm currently on progesterone as I had a bit of bleeding earlier at 6 plus weeks and I previously had a miscarriage before my two kids were born. By God's grace, baby no.3 seems to be doing well now.

Just take it easy and get more rest (ie. sleep) when you can. I'm currently experiencing some constipation which I attribute to the progesterone. Plus I'm not so fond of drinking water now. I'm just happy that I'm not having nausea this time round as it was previously quite bad with my 2 boys. Small frequent meals is a good idea and I'm currently trying to avoid MSG although there's no proven side effects on pregnancy.

3sthomas

hi dolphin123,

thank you so much for sharing...

I am trying my best to have at least 1.5l of water per day...i am not a water person and hardly can drink water but no choice now for baby's sake, no matter how also must try to gulp that 1.5l of water in or else sure experience alot of constipation...

i am really excited for my first gynae appointment next tuesday..actually these few days we been trying to guess the sex of the baby with many methods, like from the elderly..all hear say lol. Some even say depends on your morning sickness, if very frequent then most likely gal, cos boys wont trigger so much morning sickness...was so fun and really excited but to me, boy or gal doesnt matter, most importantly is the child is safe till my due date.

i am trying to take more meals but small portions...heard fig and dates are good so ordered a few organic nuts from Qoo10 to replace with sour plum cos heard they say too much sour plum is not good for the gastric even though can help ease the nausea feeling.

dolphin123

Talking about predicting the sex, have you heard of the chinese baby calender (based on mother's age and due date)? You can find an online calender on baby centre.

I'm not superstitious at all but when I checked back for my two boys, it was accurate. It was also accurate for about 80% of my friends when I asked around. Of course there's no scientific basis to it at all and one Dutch research also showed it to be just 50% correct- which is like just flipping a coin. Nonetheless, I'm curious to see if it is correct for my next one. In any case, a healthy baby is what we all pray for!

I initially hoped for a girl with my first pregnancy. After having two playful and active boys whom I love sooo much, I can't imagine having a girly girl now!

Claretcl

Hello Mummies!

I am expecting with No. 2 at 9weeks, coming to 10weeks. (first born - sweet baby girl)
Experiencing MS through out the day...up to 5 times of vomiting on bad days..good days none.
Same for my first born too.

3sthomas, it is normal to have no appetite for the first trimester. You will start to pump up engine in 2nd and 3rd trimester... :)
Just remember to hydrate yourself with sufficient water, eat small meals like once every 2hrs. Store up cracker, yogurt, bread to answer the hungry call :)
you may want to request multi vitamins from your gynae.
Hope my msg do help abit :)

3sthomas

Hi Claretcl,

thanks for sharing...

I am really trying hard to drink as much water as i can...

right now my appetite fluctuates...sometimes can eat more sometimes can eat very little but not very like rice recently...fast food 100% sure like....hahahaa.

but like this morning i start to feel abit pain in my breasts, like a sudden prick...

as for MS, sometimes in the morning after i woke up or maybe at night after my meals...

i will be meeting my gynae next tues...abit excited and dunno what to expect, will be doing u/s first before seeing the gynae

got alot of questions for the gynae like what to eat, what to avoid....n plus me n my husband very active in sex, we dunno if it will harm the baby...

3sthomas

Hi Claretcl, my gynae says go ahead too...
So i went ahead...hahaaa. just had a normal u/s scan yesterday for my first check up...can see the peanut-size image of my baby...
baby about 26mm in length, so excited and do feel alittle happy when i saw that small little thing in me...i think that is mother and child connection

3sthomas

i was lucky yesterday for my first gynae appointment at SGH O&G...did not choose any specific consultant but my plan was to be seen under subsidized first then probably near to delivery date then upgrade to private class to see Dr. Devendra Kanagalingam. Heard he is a very good and detailed doctor but the waiting time to be seen by him is pretty long..i waited almost 2 hours just to see him...but glad that he will be my consultant in charge till delivery and that I will be seeing him on his wed clinic at his high risk pregnancy clinic due to one of my parents whom used to history of diabetes...

Drey

Hi Mummies & Daddies...
I just signed up at the Parenthood Fair for a free digital edition of the Motherhood magazine. Its filled with lots of interesting articles as well as brochures of the upcoming Parenthood fair for the various contests.
Just sign up at Digital Magazine Sign Up - Parenthood Fair 2014 with the Promo Code PHF3 for the free digital magazine now!
Parenthood Fair from 21-23 Nov 2014 11am to 9pm.

Claretcl

Hi 3sthomas,
Hope your appoint with gynae went well!

Any1 went for Oscar scan already? I went for mine last thursday, will be seeing my gynae tomorrow for results.....

Claretcl

Hello June and Welcome to Motherhood :)
Hope everything is well!!
Gotten my result of Oscar Scan, everything well! Gynae told me gender of mine! 90% boy
His exact words: 90% boy ah..but don't tell your mother in law first, wait for detail scan, if wrong she come and scold me ah..
Hahahahaha...like his sense of humor!

Last edited: