EDD keeps shifting further away, to induce or not to induce?

Raina

Every visit to gynae, my EDD will shift a few days further.
Actual EDD is 20.01.2010. Then it moved to 26.01.2010, now it has moved to 28.01.2010.

Gynae said that I can still choose to deliver on 20.01.2010, I'm assuming via induced labour.

Me and hubby like the date 20.01.2010.

Any mummies can share their experience on induced labour?
Can I still have vaginal birth?

ohstrawberry

Mine was induced labour. Already dilated 2cm during last chk-up, so doctor advised to induce early. My EDD is 28 Nov, but i delivered on 10 Nov. Also baby is quite big, when i delivered at 37th week is already 3.5kg, baby will be too big if i choose to wait for natural delivery.
If your baby development is ok, there will not be any problem to induce early.
You can read my story from The Big Day :
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f38/arrival-dearest-son-ryan-soo-10-nov-2009-a-25775/
To help in dilating faster, i walked alot and did sqatting exercise before the day for admission.
Take good care and wish you smooth delivery.

Every visit to gynae, my EDD will shift a few days further.
Actual EDD is 20.01.2010. Then it moved to 26.01.2010, now it has moved to 28.01.2010.

Gynae said that I can still choose to deliver on 20.01.2010, I'm assuming via induced labour.

Me and hubby like the date 20.01.2010.

Any mummies can share their experience on induced labour?
Can I still have vaginal birth?

drmoomoo

Agreed with ohstrawberry that as long as baby is ok, it is ok to induce. Induced labour can still have vaginal labour. I have induced labour and natural birth as well, so should not be a prob. :) The day before admission, i went to climb stairs... When i reached the hospital in the morning, i also walked around in the ward to help to have faster delivery and it works. All the best to you and have a smooth delivery! :)

Raina

Agreed with ohstrawberry that as long as baby is ok, it is ok to induce. Induced labour can still have vaginal labour. I have induced labour and natural birth as well, so should not be a prob. :) The day before admission, i went to climb stairs... When i reached the hospital in the morning, i also walked around in the ward to help to have faster delivery and it works. All the best to you and have a smooth delivery! :)
HI ohstrawberry mummy, congrats on baby Ryan. Your labour story seems not that painful except for the rough nurse I guess. hihihi..
By the way, is the jab to make u dilate faster part of the package?

I've been doing a lot of squatting...to pee :)

Raina

Hi drmoomoo, thanks.

Hope that everything will be ok for me to deliver on desired date.

Thank you for the well wishes :)

ohstrawberry

Thanks, Raina.
No, the jab not included in the package but definately much much cheaper then epidural. I'm so broke that i kept thinking not to incur too much cost on delivery, haha, maybe that's why i can tolerate all the pain, rather pain than spend more money, :tlaugh:....
I took the 2-bedded in East Shore, after deducting Medisave 2.1K, still need to top up cash $917.
Do more exercise is good for you, must be careful of slippery floor in toilet when you squat to pee though. All the Bests!!!

HI ohstrawberry mummy, congrats on baby Ryan. Your labour story seems not that painful except for the rough nurse I guess. hihihi..
By the way, is the jab to make you dilate faster part of the package?

I've been doing a lot of squatting...to pee :)

iwan2noe

Thanks, Raina.
No, the jab not included in the package but definately much much cheaper then epidural. I'm so broke that i kept thinking not to incur too much cost on delivery, haha, maybe that's why i can tolerate all the pain, rather pain than spend more money, :tlaugh:....
I took the 2-bedded in East Shore, after deducting Medisave 2.1K, still need to top up cash $917.
Do more exercise is good for you, must be careful of slippery floor in toilet when you squat to pee though. All the Bests!!!
Hi hi ohstrawberry and mummies here,

my edd also keeps shifting to a later date,dun noe why..haiz..
but anyway, i hope my gal will arrive soon to let her papa and mama carry her in their arms...hee...

ya lor, i also agree, if i can tolerate the pain, i rather tolerate than spending money..i dun now how much i will spend on cash top up....:embarrassed:

i have been along squatting until i strained my muscles..it is hurting so much that i still squat occasionally but when i stands up, i feel the straining of my muscles....on my waist area..i hope it recover and healed completely b4 i go for my delivery..I dun want to opt for c sect or emergency c-sect!..it will be v costly!! =(

Last edited:

Raina

Hi hi ohstrawberry and mummies here,

my edd also keeps shifting to a later date,dont know why..sigh..
but anyway, i hope my gal will arrive soon to let her papa and mama carry her in their arms...hee...

ya , i also agree, if i can tolerate the pain, i rather tolerate than spending money..i dont now how much i will spend on cash top up....:embarrassed:

i have been along squatting until i strained my muscles..it is hurting so much that i still squat occasionally but when i stands up, i feel the straining of my muscles....on my waist area..i hope it recover and healed completely before i go for my delivery..I dont want to opt for c sect or emergency c-sect!..it will be very costly!! =(
yeah mummies... been telling myself to endure the pain, though I have no idea how bad it is going to be...really dunno what to expect as a first timer.

dun want to spend too much either, so baby...pls cooperate with mummy..

iwan2noe, i've experienced those muscle strains too, in several areas. try to get up slowly from whichever position u were at, be it sitting on the chair, squatting, lying in bed..get up, stay still for a few seconds coz the muscles need to re adjust..then slowly move again, it helps a lot for me..

shopaholic

My elder 2 kids were induced on full-term and they were delivered naturally. So not to worry.

C-sect will come in if the mum is dilating too slowly (or not at all) and baby is getting distressed. But this can still happen even if it's not induction.

iwan2noe

yeah mummies... been telling myself to endure the pain, though I have no idea how bad it is going to be...really dont know what to expect as a first timer.

dont want to spend too much either, so baby...pls cooperate with mummy..

iwan2noe, i've experienced those muscle strains too, in several areas. try to get up slowly from whichever position you were at, be it sitting on the chair, squatting, lying in bed..get up, stay still for a few seconds coz the muscles need to re adjust..then slowly move again, it helps a lot for me..

Hi Raina, i agree with u fully get up slowly from whichever position i am in, be it sitting on the chair, squatting, lying in bed..get up, stay still for a few seconds coz the muscles need to re adjust..then slowly move again, it helps a lot for me too! ;)

but now i feel the strain when i try to get out of my bed..the muscles strain i mentioned tt i feel is much better.. now other parts ache , think now is my waist le... sighz..,

Hope i heal soon so that i can have a full smooth and safe natural delivery :)

Raina, i wish ur ache and pains go away like wind soon n wishing a smooth delivery ahead!!! :)
take care also ok? hugs!

Raina

My elder 2 kids were induced on full-term and they were delivered naturally. So not to worry.

C-sect will come in if the mum is dilating too slowly (or not at all) and baby is getting distressed. But this can still happen even if it's not induction.
OOh shopaholic mummy...ur little one is so round round... i wish my baby to be round round as well..mmm lurve chubby babies!

If my baby can wait till the initial EDD, we will induce..dun tink i can wait any longer than the initial EDD...20 Jan 2010

Raina

but now i feel the strain when i try to get out of my bed..the muscles strain i mentioned that i feel is much better.. now other parts ache , think now is my waist ... sighz..,

Hope i heal soon so that i can have a full smooth and safe natural delivery :)

Raina, i wish your ache and pains go away like wind soon n wishing a smooth delivery ahead!!! :)
take care also ok? hugs!
For me, turning from one side to the other on the bed is quite a challenge..muscles hurt alot! Getting out of bed is still manageable but still hurt. And oh dear, just now at work, everytime I get up from my seat, hmm hurts too, think bb's weight is affecting the muscles down below...

Thank you, wish you will feel better and have a smooth one as well!!

ArDz

hi, my edd now is 29th Jan 2010, earlier date of edd is 26th Jan 2010. Last chk up i have not yet dilated at all. Gynae say by 29th Jan still not yet deliver or dilate, have to be induce on 31st Jan.

I wanna more on how induce being done?
How many types of induce methods are there?
Isit painful?

thks.

Raina

Hi mummies...baby decided to come on his initial EDD after all...
Went for my gynae appt on 19th Jan and I had dilated about 3 to 4 cm, doctor asked me to "check in" after midnight.. arrived at labour ward at 0100hrs and had dilated abt 4 to 5 cm. My baby boy came to the world on 20.01.2010 at 0527 hrs :D

angelwendy

Hi mummies...baby decided to come on his initial EDD after all...
Went for my gynae appt on 19th Jan and I had dilated about 3 to 4 cm, doctor asked me to "check in" after midnight.. arrived at labour ward at 0100hrs and had dilated about 4 to 5 cm. My baby boy came to the world on 20.01.2010 at 0527 hours :D

Congrats ya...:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

Verona's

hi, my edd now is 29th Jan 2010, earlier date of edd is 26th Jan 2010. Last chk up i have not yet dilated at all. Gynae say by 29th Jan still not yet deliver or dilate, have to be induce on 31st Jan.

I wanna more on how induce being done?
How many types of induce methods are there?
Isit painful?

thks.

Hmm i not sure actually but i went through induction because low amniotic fluid then c-sect because cervix not dilating :)

I was on tablet to soften cervix a day before induction , next day went to labour room & gynae burst my water bag , till 8 hours still no process of going into labour & because i was already lacking of fluid so i went for c-sect :D

Raina

Doctor put me on drip and burst my waterbag to induce and make me dilate faster...

Once those two were done, the intense contractions started coming in.
All I can say is, practice your breathing to counter the pain, it helps, though not as much as I would like it to...

May you have a smooth delivery :)