EDD Mar 2014

tpy

Wah zhumei sunbath from 7 am to 9 am. My house sun starts to show at ard 8 am only and bb only willing to shine for 5 mins n after that will cry as the wind is quite strong.
If I don't pump every 3 hrs during the day, my breast will feel hard but no lumps n will leak milk when I bath. My last pump will be 10 pm n no more pump or latch on after that till 7 am.
Whatdoin u can get the herbs from any medical halls. Such herb has been around since 80s. My hubby n I when we were newborns our mums also used such herbs on us. My mum asked me to use everyday till bb no more jaudice

LH779

mine also 18 Mar, also no signs at all. few nights ago slip off the taxi seat cause the taxi suddenly jam brake, still no sign of any labor.
but I do feel BH. Cervix also hasn't dilate, so it's really a waiting game now...

I heard about the jaundice herbals before, most chinese medical hall will know, just ask them.

i heard before bathing in
Guinness stout will be fairer though... but not as a remedy for jaundice.

Eleanor

Icic..so far i think epidural seems to be the most commonly used..but did you feel anything during the op?

I'll be going for my gynae consultation on mon..thereafter my csect should be scheduled on wed..
Jadeite, did ur gynae go thru the procedures with you for the day of ur csect? Were there any tests required to be done?

zhumei:860461 said:
Zhumei did they explain whats the difference between epidural and spinal block for csect? Usually whats recommended ?
frankly,i am also not sure but i believe mine is epidural. i have sit up 90 degrees when the anesthesiologist inject at my spine. and i dun remember it's one shot, it's 3 shots.. if im not wrong..

its not that painful as i thought.. i feel injecting drip is more painful. just one sharp gradual pain that slowly die off to numb the lower portion of my body. the only thing is i was shivering throughout my op but no vomitting. ohya i was itching all over! so they gave me calamine lotion to apply.

depends on your situation but i think most will go for epidural. spinal block need to know how long you need to be numb for.
"A spinal is a onetime shot of a LOCAL ANASTHETIC that is injected into the cerebrospinal fluid of the spine. An epidural is a REGIONAL ANASTHETIC that is administered into the epidural space of the spine via a catheter. Anesthesiologists typically use a onetime spinal during c-sections because they know exactly how much anesthetic to administer."

I read up from here: Difference between a spinal block and epidural ???? | BabyCenter

ask gynae to be sure.. coz i didn't have a chance.

tpy

for me on the day of csec i thought i would not be able to bath so i bathed at home b4 making our way to Mt A. Then did all the admission, bb bonus etc admin stuffs. Was assigned a bed shortly and upon reaching the bed, the nurse shaved my bottom, asked if i have pass motion b4 i reached hospital, gave me a kind of pre-op shower foam to bath to remove all the germs on my body, changed to OT attire and wheeled to OT.

jadeite

Thanks tpy.. I'll also be doing mine at MAH so I guess same procedure ba. Just to ask, when we schedule for 10am op, does that mean we go to hospital at 10am or must check in earlier like airport? Haha...

Eleanor, my gynae hasn't really told me anything yet, probably next appt which is my last one before the procedure.

tpy

Lol is like airport check in. My csec was scheduled at 1pm. Have to fast from 7am. Check in to mt a by 9am. To finish bathing with pre op lotion by 12 noon. 1230 I was already in OT.

Layla0401

Watudoin and LH779, mine's also one of the later EDDs (22/23 Mar). Last couple of nights, I've been getting strong BH that are actually almost painful but irregular, and I noticed this only in the evenings. The sharp shooting pains in pelvis area are still happening on and off. I'm getting more breathless and just really uncomfortable, worse ribcage pain when I sit or lie down. At 38 weeks, doc said baby didn't gain any weight but not too concerned as she said it could be an error (I lost a little weight). If at 39 weeks check-up on Sat he still hasn't gained weight, I'll have to be induced. Otherwise, placenta and amniotic fluid levels are fine and I'm just trying to eat more meat. Not much apetite nowadays and trying not to fall sick.

Taboo

Went for Gynea check up on last Fri, BB quite big already 3.2kg at week 37+. If I there is more dilation on the check up i might need to be induced. I'm only 1cm dilated, so wait for this week check up and see hows the dilation. Gynea est BB will be ard 3.5kg at birth... Kinda worry BB big hard to labour... My BH and menses cramp pain is getting stronger. Guess body is preparing for birth.. Jiayou all mummies!:)

watudoin

just wondering, are we supposed to get baby weight checked every doctor visit? i ve been seeing my gynae every week since week 36. but she didnt do any measurement. In fact, my last baby measurement was done at 34weeks 5days when baby was 2.468 kg. After that, no more check...... only scan to see where baby head is, the position, and baby heartbeat....... im so clueless as to how heavy my baby is.
i still have no signs of labour coming :(

Layla0401

Taboo, 3.5kg should still be okay, you can do it! Doc initially estimated mine to be about 3.4kg at birth, dunno about now. I'm doing lots of walking during weekends and doing some kneeling to get him into occiput anterior position - which apparently helps the baby to be the smallest diameter to fit the pelvis. I've been told to climb stairs once I'm in active labour to help baby descend. Guess my long abandoned steps machine will get some use after all this time hehe.

LH779

watudoin:861134 said:
just wondering, are we supposed to get baby weight checked every doctor visit? i ve been seeing my gynae every week since week 36. but she didnt do any measurement. In fact, my last baby measurement was done at 34weeks 5days when baby was 2.468 kg. After that, no more check...... only scan to see where baby head is, the position, and baby heartbeat....... im so clueless as to how heavy my baby is.
i still have no signs of labour coming :(
Probably doc did check jus didn't update u. Maybe u can ask the doc at your next appointment.

I'll be taking leave by end this week, really cannot tahan already. Much as i want to work, but i think i hv problem getting good rest can't sleep well, so in office very very tired. My EDD is 18. Really hope baby can be so accurate to arrive this weekend or by next week. Otherwise i seriously dun know how to pass time.

Jus to share something that i realise about my baby (not sure if all babies does that). He seems to like to stay at the right side of the tummy. It's jus weird, most of the time my tummy is slanted loh. My colleague also say hers like to stay on her right side of tummy.

LH779

Layla0401:861224 said:
Taboo, 3.5kg should still be okay, you can do it! Doc initially estimated mine to be about 3.4kg at birth, dunno about now. I'm doing lots of walking during weekends and doing some kneeling to get him into occiput anterior position - which apparently helps the baby to be the smallest diameter to fit the pelvis. I've been told to climb stairs once I'm in active labour to help baby descend. Guess my long abandoned steps machine will get some use after all this time hehe.
Layla, can share more about the kneeling thingy u mention? I heard about climbing steps. So intend to start climbing once I'm on leave from work.

Taboo

Thanks Layla:) Worried as my no 1 is only 2.95kg at birth, never expect no 2 is bigger..

jo1402

Hi ladies,

I just went for my last gynae visit ytd at KKH. Baby has hit 2.8kg at 38 weeks and 4 days =) but surprisingly I actually had a sudden gain of 1.1kg (last few only less than 500g gain each time). Blood pressure was also higher than usu (120/74) but Dr said still ok. Had my cervix checked too and I am 1cm dilated only. So Dr said most prob I should deliver ard mid next week and near to EDD on 21/03. But he scheduled me to be admitted for inducement on 21/03 at 6am (-_-) if I still dun deliver by myself before EDD. He doesn't want baby to be overdue and hence too big cos first pregnancy. He hopes I can deliver naturally easier with current baby size.

He had 2 patients ytd at delivery suite with 3.5kg babies n both mummies were struggling and he said he would recommend C-section soon to them o_O. Hope I can do without surgery! Trying to tie up any loose ends at work this week then see if I can start my HL next week..

clovermom

If you are delivered by c-sec, then you will need at least 4 months of maternity leaves (to its max) rest to heed up the wound and look after your baby , and it normally take about 1 year plus to feel lesser slight pain at the bikini stitches area. Pray hard that yours is natural birth so that you can enjoy the later part. Too bad the maternity leaves is not cap up to six months, if not that will be most ideally for c-sec mommies.

Layla0401

LH779, below is the pictogram that I got from a friend and pasted in my bedroom for some exercise positions. Hope you can see it! Poster can also be found at this link.

My baby also loves the right side (back on my right side and kicks on my upper left part of the tummy, confirmed also by doc's scanning.) I just read on Spinning Babies that this *might be* the right occiput anterior position, apparently left is better. I'm not sure I understand correctly why this is so (something about more chances of baby turning to face the front instead of facing our spine), but will try out some of the techniques to see if he can be turned to the left side.

IMG_0605.jpg

Jo, my baby and yours roughtly same weight at 38 weeks, but I lost 500g instead haha. Estimated 3.5kg should be okay lah, my doc has never pressured me about C-section for that weight. Probably very important for us exercise/ walk around/ climb stairs to help baby descend and pelvis expand before and during active labour. One tip I learnt was to only go to the hospital once regular contractions are 5 min apart, lasting 1 min for the past 1 hour to minimise unnecessary medical interventions. I would like to do that (especially since so far I have a fairly uncomplicated pregnancy) but since I'm GBS positive, will have to come in earlier for the antibiotics shot, so will maybe do 10-1-1 instead. Maybe after your 6am inducement you can ask to go home first, then relax and labour at home?

I'm also desperately trying to finish up loose ends to go on ML mid of next week. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Eleanor

Hi ladies iv delivered via csect on 9 march :) it was an emergency..baby decided to arrive 3days earlier than my scheduled csect.