EDD Mar 2014

LH779

Was having a chat with my aunts. They were sharing that the Mt A nurses are very nice and caring. But that's their experience (which are more than 15 years ago). Haha! But then again, I'm sure either TMC and Mt A will do the job just fine.

Also anyone here planning to have a baby-moon? :)
what's a baby-moon?

Oh yah, i'm now also thinking if I should change hospital. currently i'm with KKH as subsidize patient. but I a bit cannot take it liao, cos i have to go to different room for different test/scan so tiring. if I switch to KK private, although can do everything in 1 room, but its far from i'm. My MIL recommend me to visit a gynae near my place, and the doctor deliver in both Mt A and TMC. My colleague recently gave birth at TMC she say the nurse are like 'older' so not so gentle compared to Mt A. hasn't do any hospital tour yet, cos too tired nowadays. actually i'm more gear towards Mt A, but TMC location more convenient. Cos both my parents nor my hubby drives so getting to TMC is definitely easier compared to Mt A. Another colleague commented that time when she stayed at Mt A, there's no other food where she can buy so her hubby have to take taxi home to have his lunch and dinner which is rather inconvenient lah.

jadeite

I prefer Mt A also cuz it's Christian... they have a chapel there and everything to bless the bb also. but that's personal preference lah. I did wonder though, if some of the nurses are nuns, they will never really know what it's like to give birth right :x heard that in KK the nurses are also not very sympathetic but I don't know if that's just one of those rumors...

didn't know that Mt A have no other food! that's surprising. but my hubby and my parents drive so I'm not so worried... it's v near our house and even nearer my parents' house too so it's okay. my hubby can just go over to my mom's place to eat haha.

Allie, I'm going Taiwan in December! sort of a babymoon - don't really have the time and not sure if I have the energy to travel farther away...especially since by that time will be 6 months preggy. Trying to save $$ for baby also so can't really do too expensive a trip. LH, babymoon is like honeymoon - last trip with the husband to enjoy each other's company alone before the baby comes :)

here is the forum that I read about TMC vs Mt A...both got good and bad experiences so I think they are about the same, only whether you heng suay get a good nurse and give birth during a less crowded time.
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/mount-a-or-tmc-to-deliver.2099/

Last edited:

allie

LH 779 - Married couples go for honeymoon. And before the baby comes, they go for baby-moon. Like what jadite mentioned, it's just time together before an addition to the family. Also, taking into consideration that the couple may not be able to travel together again for quite some time after the baby arrives.

Jadeite - The husband seems more excited about the babymoon than me. Fortunately for us, we did quite a bit of traveling earlier this year. So, this time round, it's just a short trip to Hong Kong in mid October, mainly to visit friends and also for the food. Don't think I'll be able to shop much, too. Won't be able to walk as much and I'll be bigger, too. Maybe I'll try to shop for a stylish diaper bag while I'm there. Heh!

rachie82

me going to Europe next week .... and I think its a gd time to go travel during 2nd trimester =) . else next time really do not have any time for travelling liao

LH779

Oh, that's a babymoon. Hahaha.. we didn't have that intention, but already book trip to Bangkok in Oct so can consider that ba, though we travelling with friends. not sure if by then will know the gender of BB so I can buy nice clothes for him/her :)

Jade - maybe my colleague meant not much food choice like other place where if you walk a bit further you can go to coffeeshop/shopping malls for alternative ba. the last time I been to Mt A was like 10 years ago... and since I don't drive, my only impression was that the location is not too convenient.

Rachie - It's a good time to go Europe in Oct, cos not too crowded already (peak is in Aug). Do bring more Euro 1 with you, cos you need to pay for public toilet and being pregnant probably make you more prone to going toilet. And do be careful while walking, cos their road not very smooth (i feel). Enjoy yourself!!

jadeite

Sigh really miss Europe! Went to Spain last year and we were planning to do Italy this year but then got pregnant haha. I'm teaching so can only travel in dec.. Some more I'm the kind that loves to walk a lot and do a lot of things on holiday... Especially in Europe. Don't think I have the energy to do all that at 6 months preggy. Now is the best time to travel but got work ): enjoy your trip rachie!!

Allie I love HK! But been there twice in the last two years so we decided to try Taipei this year. I heard ppl who like HK won't like Taipei and vice versa though :x so I hope I enjoy my Taipei trip. Haha. Anyone has recommendations for things to do there?

LH779

Jade - probably i'm 1 of them. i love HK, but dun know why don't really like taipei. probably that time the food i ate in taipei mostly not very nice, or not as nice as i thought it will be. but it seems that most of my friends who went to Taipei loves it. so i guess probably it's only me. Hahaha... I don't have any recommendation, but I can only remember that their 便当, those sold at train station are really nice!! actually the only nice food i remember in Taiwan is the 便当 and their instant noodles.

honeygirl

Dear LH799,
hey! So qiao! I also book tickets to Bkk in Oct,
When will you be going ? This is my couples
of times of visiting Bkk and it can be my
sec home liao ha ha.:D how many week will
you when go Bkk in oct ??

allie

Rachie82: Enjoy Europe! Which part will you be traveling to? So exciting! All that shopping!!! so much cheaper to buy luxury goods and baby stuff there. I was in London, Manchester and Munich earlier this year. Glad I did that trip before getting pregnant.

Jadeite: I did Taipei with my family 3 years back. It depends on whether you enjoy the Taiwanese culture and food. I didn't take a liking to the food though. My husband on the other hand, likes Taipei. But i'm sure you will enjoy the trip nonetheless. just relax and enjoy the vacation before you embark on your mummy duties.

I used to go to HK yearly for shopping. Stopped doing that 3 years ago. Spent more time traveling in the U.S, Europe and Korea during these times. I'm looking forward to the good food in HK. Really missed that!

jadeite

Haha honey girl I love BKK too... I'm also going but in November and I'm gg with girlfriends... Last gf trip for a long time!! This is my 18th time gg Bangkok... Love it too much. It's also my second home hehe. If any first-time traveller to Thailand needs recommendations for BKK I can definitely offer some!!

Allie I'm also glad we managed to get our Europe trip in before bb comes... Really miss the weather there too. Rachie which part of Europe are you traveling to?

There's another baby expo advertised in today's newspapers. Next weekend sept 27-29, 11am to 8pm at suntec city singapore hall 401-402 at level 4.
Seems like some pretty good deals, Medela freestyle hands free pump selling at $699 down from $983. I'll probably be going on Friday to escape weekend crowd...

Last edited:

Janechin

Haha honey girl I love BKK too... I'm also going but in November and I'm gg with girlfriends... Last gf trip for a long time!! This is my 18th time gg Bangkok... Love it too much. It's also my second home hehe. If any first-time traveller to Thailand needs recommendations for BKK I can definitely offer some!!

Allie I'm also glad we managed to get our Europe trip in before bb comes... Really miss the weather there too. Rachie which part of Europe are you traveling to?

There's another baby expo advertised in today's newspapers. Next weekend sept 27-29, 11am to 8pm at suntec city singapore hall 401-402 at level 4.
Seems like some pretty good deals, Medela freestyle hands free pump selling at $699 down from $983. I'll probably be going on Friday to escape weekend crowd...
Hi jadeite... yah saw that too but the price not normal price ah? i bought my freestyle at $699 also but got freebies... i still need to buy stroller.. any recommendation where i should buy stroller from or which brand?

honeygirl

Dear jadeite ,
Wow!!!18 times !!! I thought I go there too often till sometime felt a bit
bored as kept going same places like chachuchat, MBK, platinum mall etc but
you went there more than me !!! You really treat Bkk as sec home :) I am going this time
before my bb arrive :) and also go for praying for family and everything !

jadeite

Hmm I thought I wanted the Medela freestyle but seems like the reviews on amazon aren't very good and the In Style is better... So conflicted I don't know which one! Can't find any secondhand so probably will have to buy brand new. Guess I will go take a look at the market. Jane, $699 is regular price?!? The expo ad claims that it is almost $200 off.. Hmm..

I got the gelite gogo stroller which is a bugaboo copy. Bought over 2nd hand from a friend. It's quite good especially since I like the sturdy ones with big wheels. However it's not compact and hard to fit in the trunk of my small hatchback car ): I quite like the Quinny Zapp... Looks more compact also. You can try babytown.sg online... Heard that the baby hypermart at kaki bukit has some good deals too. The other baby market at expo also coming up so lots of options!!

Janechin

Jadeite, yah... I bought my freestyle at last baby fair but regret le. Baby town quite ex wor.. I checkedout the quinny at that hypermart also but all the bundles old model. heard quinny 2013 got some noticeable difference from older versions like 2013 no need to take out the seat when folding whereas 2012 and 2011 must.. a bit troublesome wor. Just checked out baby market, looks like many strollers there and can get sterilizer at $50 when buy swing maxi! Wah lau.. Regret buying so early! My husband lah! Too excited and say just buy! Thanks for your tips Jadeite!

LH779

Honeygirl - i'm going the week of 12th oct. Initially I wanted to give that a miss cause of the MS and I went in May already. but then i'll be alone in Singapore which probably makes be feel worse in the empty house. will be staying at centrepoint so I guess I'll probably only shop at platinum mall. during the trip i'll be in my 17th weeks. really hope by then my MS would have subside.

Do you all still feel extreme fatigue? Cause last week I went out for like only 1/2 day. by the time i reach home i was totally exhausted, as though i I've ran 10km like that.

LH779

Hi Phoebii, so far not much change to my bowel habits. just that it used to be daily, now probably every 2-3 days. What sort of symptoms you encounter? did you check with your gynae?

the doc shared with me that digestive system slows down when you are pregnant and due to the vitamins/supplements we take, you may have difficulties going to the toilet. most pregnant women will have constipation. to counted these issue, you have to inform your gynae so that they can give you other type of vitamins/supplements (containing different % of vitamins) and drink more water and increase fruits intake.

Phoebii Cheng

So far I have a constipation, and cannot really pass gas out......actually I just want to know if any mummies experience the same as me. Now I am trying to change my diet with lots of fruits and vegetables.

Arnavkyra

Anyone started on milk supplements like Anmum? There are quite a few on the market, but with the recent formula powder taint scares, I'm not quite sure which brand can be trusted.

lltan

Anyone started on milk supplements like Anmum? There are quite a few on the market, but with the recent formula powder taint scares, I'm not quite sure which brand can be trusted.
Have been drinking Similac..into my 2nd tin now...taste is not too bad :)