EDD Mar 2014

jadeite

Phoebii...constipation quite normal... something to do with blood mostly going to the uterus and away from digestive system, also cuz we take iron supplements. I also have more constipation now... just trying to eat more veggies and fruits, kiwi fruit helps and prune juice too.

Arnav, I got free samples of Similac mum but haven't tried yet. I'm v skeptical of the taste of powdered milk... and my gynae said actually with the pill supplements I'm taking it's enough... I can drink my fresh milk! :) I actually grew up with powdered dumex milk but after having fresh milk, powdered just doesn't taste the same...

lltan

So far I have a constipation, and cannot really pass gas out......actually I just want to know if any mummies experience the same as me. Now I am trying to change my diet with lots of fruits and vegetables.
read that its quite common to have constipation. just hv to drink lotsa water, eat more vegetable...dun force to push out..its no good.

jo1402

read that its quite common to have constipation. just hv to drink lotsa water, eat more vegetable...dun force to push out..its no good.
Yeah, I'm starting to having bouts of constipation too, quite uncommon for the usual me >.< Not sure if cos I've started on my vitamins since start of trimester 2!

tpy

yes i feel extremely tired when i only shopped for 2 hrs. even have to slp for more than 10 hrs so that i will not feel that tired.

Phoebii Cheng

for me i pass motion once every 2 or 3 days even when i have yakult everyday. at least is smooth smooth type and no need to push. I per day can pass gas for more than 15 times man lol!
Actually its good that u r able to pass gas....I am like constipated totally cannot really pass gas as and when I like and thats wat frusyrate me sometimes that I feel like giving up the baby

Gosh. Pls dun say that. This is a passing phase. Stay positive.

Phoebii Cheng:828774 said:
for me i pass motion once every 2 or 3 days even when i have yakult everyday. at least is smooth smooth type and no need to push. I per day can pass gas for more than 15 times man lol!
Actually its good that u r able to pass gas....I am like constipated totally cannot really pass gas as and when I like and thats wat frusyrate me sometimes that I feel like giving up the baby

LH779

Phoebii, please don't say that. Baby is a gift to you and your hubby. and most of us go through the same as you. I cannot pass out gas too, and I can't even burp. So i know exactly how you feel. i'm been applying the 'ru yi you' daily and some other version of 'qu feng you' but no luck at all, the gas just cannot come out. So I can only console myself saying that my tummy and weight gain are not really fats it's just gas so at least after birth gas is easy to lose. sounds dumb hor. Hahahaha.

I used to be able to empty my bowels daily without any problem, nowadays it's every 2-3 days. if by day 3 still cannot i'll start to eat more fruits. taking honey + warm water also help me.

flowerie123

LH, can we still apply ru yi you now?
I dare not apply any form of such oil onto tummy....though many a times tempted to, because tummy really bloated till very xin ku.

LH779

flowerie I dun know leh. nobody say cannot and I don't feel unwell after that so I don't care already just don't apply too much. and now since it doesn't have any effect on me I seldom apply already. but I continue to 'smell' the oil cos i find it very comforting.

lltan

LH, can we still apply ru yi you now?
I dare not apply any form of such oil onto tummy....though many a times tempted to, because tummy really bloated till very xin ku.
can try drinking Gaviscon, to relief the bloatedness..its safe for pregnant woman...was prescribed by my gynae..can also purchase from pharmacy outside.

lltan

Btw, would like to know the reasons why you mummies choose 1 or 2 bedded wards? is it worth it to have hubby stay over at the ward?

flowerie123

thanks lltan!
the bloatedness seems to be getting better *cross my fingers*
but maybe can buy a few to stand by.

I chose 1 bedded during my #1 time, n glad that hb was around cos i had a emergency csec.

rachie82

Rachie82: Enjoy Europe! Which part will you be traveling to? So exciting! All that shopping!!! so much cheaper to buy luxury goods and baby stuff there. I was in London, Manchester and Munich earlier this year. Glad I did that trip before getting pregnant.

Jadeite: I did Taipei with my family 3 years back. It depends on whether you enjoy the Taiwanese culture and food. I didn't take a liking to the food though. My husband on the other hand, likes Taipei. But i'm sure you will enjoy the trip nonetheless. just relax and enjoy the vacation before you embark on your mummy duties.

I used to go to HK yearly for shopping. Stopped doing that 3 years ago. Spent more time traveling in the U.S, Europe and Korea during these times. I'm looking forward to the good food in HK. Really missed that!
allie : me going to Italy, france and Switzerland...