EDD Mar 2014

tpy

LH you can take calcium pills instead?

yeah we are trying to get some stuff now cuz we wanna see what 2nd hand stuff we can get first that we won't need to buy. so far got a lot of baby clothes, newborn diapers, stroller. just put in my master bedroom first... it's messy but no choice until we clear out the baby room haha! plus with the baby market and good prices coming up, wanna see what we can get there to save $$. babies are really expensive -_-" so must take stock of the 2nd hand stuff so that we don't have to spend too
much $$.

especially for things like newborn clothes, they grow out of them so quickly so it's a bit of a waste of money to buy. some more friends and relatives will give a lot of presents, so really no need except for maybe one or two really nice pieces for special occasions like 1 month party, baptism, temple blessing etc

wow u already have lots of bb clothes and diapers...i only have a 2nd hand stroller so far.

tpy

wow seems like you mummies really plan far ahead. already jot down what to buy etc... I hasn't even clear the room meant for baby.
we have a spare room and my hubby had been treating it as his own personal storage place and it's really really pack with all his collections. without a clear room i seriously dont't know what to buy, cos dont't have place to keep. (hubby used the entire storeroom also!!).

BTW just curious, is it a must to drink milk? cos so far i tried a few brand of fresh milk, UHT milk, but I can't seems to stand any of it. so now i've been drinking soya milk. mainly drink milk is for the calcium intake right? soya milk also have calcium ?? any issue i have with soya milk is, also cannot drink too much, cos scare later have excess uric acid also not good. I'm really quite afraid of milk, cos i'm also a little lactose intolerant.

in d past i have always thought is fine to take soya pdts like soya bean drink and beancurd until lately my friend who has just gave birth told me that her body and the bb have a lot of "Feng" in their bodies. Her massage lady asked her is it during pregnancy that she took beancurd or soya milk drink frequently which she did. During the massage she felt real pain and her bb tend to have freq hipcups.

lltan

in d past i have always thought is fine to take soya pdts like soya bean drink and beancurd until lately my friend who has just gave birth told me that her body and the bb have a lot of "Feng" in their bodies. Her massage lady asked her is it during pregnancy that she took beancurd or soya milk drink frequently which she did. During the massage she felt real pain and her bb tend to have freq hipcups.
I also heard drink too much soyabean drink will cause bb to have frequent cough and lotsa phlegm...so i guess keyword is moderation :)

LH779

I also heard drink too much soyabean drink will cause bb to have frequent cough and lotsa phlegm...so i guess keyword is moderation :)
OMG i've been drinking soyabean drink every morning for like 2 weeks!!! guess I probably have to stop and drink only like once every 1-2 weeks :(

hmmm i'm drinking the Anlene Chocolate milk now. hope I can take it, then it will solve my problem of calcium intake.

yah, can take calcium supp, but somehow obtaining what you need from 'nature source' is usually better. so giving milk some more chance until my next visit to the doc.

Phoebii Cheng

Phoebii, please dont't say that. Baby is a gift to you and your hubby. and most of us go through the same as you. I cannot pass out gas too, and I can't even burp. So i know exactly how you feel. i'm been applying the 'ru yi you' daily and some other version of 'qu feng you' but no luck at all, the gas just cannot come out. So I can only console myself saying that my tummy and weight gain are not really fats it's just gas so at least after birth gas is easy to lose. sounds dumb . Hahahaha.

I used to be able to empty my bowels daily without any problem, nowadays it's every 2-3 days. if by day 3 still cannot i'll start to eat more fruits. taking honey + warm water also help me.
It is getting better but still pass out gas periodically....feeling frustrated and I could not sleep at night cos of the feeling cannot pass out gas at night.....thanks LH779. May I know how long do u hv this symptoms?

LH779

Hi Phoe, had this like since i got pregnant. Initially I thought I got constipation which is quiet unusual for me, then tummy became a bit bloated. so i thought i put on weight and started jogging. after i miss my period I start to think i may be pregnant so did a test, and I stop my jogging cause prior to this I hardly jog.

Jia you, things will get better.

Janechin

I got constipation also but think quite normal based on sister in law. She say body undergoing changes now so surely will have diff de

chocolicious

Anyone gg for e amniocentesis test? My result is quite high for oscar bt im kiasee..tink can claim medisave too..

Btw instead of buyin e milk formulas.can email e various products for their free samplez.
Theres oso free samples for diapers too!

Phoebii Cheng

Hi Phoe, had this like since i got pregnant. Initially I thought I got constipation which is quiet unusual for me, then tummy became a bit bloated. so i thought i put on weight and started jogging. after i miss my period I start to think i may be pregnant so did a test, and I stop my jogging cause prior to this I hardly jog.

Jia you, things will get better.
Hi LH779, were u able to sleep at night? I was not really able to sleep at night thats why. The doc says I need to relax...and im trying to. A lot od pple say 2nd trimester will be better. So hopefully I can tahan until then....its really drving me crazy......the bloating and not able to pass gas part

LH779

Hi Phoe, you can't sleep cause you feel uncomfortable or cos you stress over your syndrome.

I can usually sleep, but i need to adjust to find the 'correct' position to fall asleep. Yah, you need to relax. because my MS usually gets worse in the evening so I tend to get very frustrated at night which i realise i'll not get a good rest. so now i try my best to not think so much and have to keep brain-washing myself things are not so bad afterall.

think of all the good things lah. do things that make you happy. and do look into the food you eat to see if they induce 'air'. cut down on such food.

jadeite

if you have trouble sleeping I recommend getting a pregnancy pillow.. my friend passed me one to sleep with and it's quite comfy to support back and belly.

Phoebii Cheng

Hi Phoe, you can't sleep cause you feel uncomfortable or cos you stress over your syndrome.

I can usually sleep, but i need to adjust to find the 'correct' position to fall asleep. Yah, you need to relax. because my MS usually gets worse in the evening so I tend to get very frustrated at night which i realise i'll not get a good rest. so now i try my best to not think so much and have to keep brain-washing myself things are not so bad afterall.

think of all the good things lah. do things that make you happy. and do look into the food you eat to see if they induce 'air'. cut down on such food.
Its good that u can sleep. Normally I feel uncomfortable cos of my symptoms....I try not to think too much...and try to sleep oredi...but my sleep is not much....hopefully I can sleep better soon. Thank u for listening and understanding and encouragement

jo1402

Its good that u can sleep. Normally I feel uncomfortable cos of my symptoms....I try not to think too much...and try to sleep oredi...but my sleep is not much....hopefully I can sleep better soon. Thank u for listening and understanding and encouragement
For me, I have constipation and flatulence issue (this is worse in the morning) and although I can sleep at nite, I keep waking up ard 4am+ and 5am+ on weekdays - really tiring lor....Dunno how to stop from doing this =(

Another thing is worrying me, belly still quite small, wondering how normal is this? My 14th week just ended. I only look 'bigger' if I'm constipated >.<

allie

I agree with Jadeite on the pregnancy pillow. I bought mine from Mothercare recently after getting bad stiff necks and body aches. It helps a little. Although, I am still waking up at least once or twice at night. I also tend to wake up very early (by 6am), but I guess this is normal since I'm asleep by 11pm.

I definitely am getting more energetic these days. Not as tired. The second trimester is really doing me good.

Oh, oh, and we managed to catch a glimpse of the baby's gender last evening. Yay! :) Very exciting!

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

For me, I have constipation and flatulence issue (this is worse in the morning) and although I can sleep at nite, I keep waking up around 4am+ and 5am+ on weekdays - really tiring ....dont know how to stop from doing this =(

Another thing is worrying me, belly still quite small, wondering how normal is this? My 14th week just ended. I only look 'bigger' if I'm constipated >.<
Its still good u r able to pass gas out.....constipation actually is not a problem since u can pass gas out....the only thing u can do for constipation is u can go see ur gynae or gp. They will give u some mild laxatives for u to go toilet......or u can try fybogel if ur cpnstipation not too bad

Phoebii Cheng

I agree with Jadeite on the pregnancy pillow. I bought mine from Mothercare recently after getting bad stiff necks and body aches. It helps a little. Although, I am still waking up at least once or twice at night. I also tend to wake up very early (by 6am), but I guess this is normal since I'm asleep by 11pm.

I definitely am getting more energetic these days. Not as tired. The second trimester is really doing me good.

Oh, oh, and we managed to catch a glimpse of the baby's gender last evening. Yay! :) Very exciting!

Hmm maybe I shd get the pregnancy pillow....is it only available at mothercare?