EDD Mar 2014

LH779

I wanted to donate cord blood actually...but I also want to do delayed cord clamping...and it seems that the two things are not compatible. :(

Delayed Cord Clamping - How Delayed Cord Clamping Significantly Benefits Your Baby for those who are interested in reading about delayed cord clamping. it's only 2-3 mins so it's a small waiting time only.

Also have been chatting to other mummy friends who are delivering soon...really hope you ladies have discussed your decisions for birthing with your gynae even though you may think it's quite early. but my friend is v upset with gynae cuz she keeps pushing for c-sect, and says that if she wants natural then she doesn't want to let my friend get epidural. and since my friend is due next week, it's too late to change gynae alr... so best to make sure your gynae will agree with certain decisions you want, so that if you want to change gynae, it's not too late!
Seems like delayed clamping is more beneficial, cos Baby will directly reap the benefits. while donating also not sure will it be use in future.

jadeite

Just came from Mummy's Market baby expo. It's super crowded and full of pregnant women and mums pushing strollers. After seeing the crowd, hard to believe Singapore has population growth problem.. Haha...

Managed to get my Medela swing maxi set with sterilizer. Got the warmer too as my fren bought the freestyle set. The queue was 1hr 45 mins long cuz that booth is really popular but they only have one cashier. Sigh. Bring your husband to queue for you while you walk ard. It's really nuts. I didn't even have the heart to buy much stuff cuz the queues were all so long. Only bought a cute wet bag and breast milk storage bags (120pc for $26; Medela was selling 20pc for same price!) from mummykidz.com stall which was next to Medela, went to browse while patient hubby waited in the queue... They have some cute baby clothes in many stalls around too, but so many ppl gave me bb clothes so don't need to buy.

Think tomorrow will be even worse, if you can, go super early and cheong for what you want. Note that the Britax stroller stall is NOT selling their strollers at the discount price stated!! The discount price was only for display pieces! I wanted to buy car seat but it's so crazy and busy that the vendors don't really have time to help you or discuss with you. So I gave up buying seat. You must really do your research first and go there already knowing what you want so that you can just take and line up. Lucky I called a friend who offered to pass me their infant car seat in the end. No need to stress about car seat until bb is about 1yo!

My last big ticket items will be crib and changing table. I will prob get those from Ikea.

Anyone else has gotten most of your major items alr? Hope my info is helpful to those gg for baby expo. Sorry if it is v long to read!

Last edited:

zhumei

Thanks for informing and comprehensive information! :)

i was thinking and contemplating whether to go.. i think i will give it a miss as i have "donations" for stroller and baby car seat...

for breast pump, i am intending to borrow from people because i scare i got no milk.

i think i will do more research before going such expos. too many items, too many people.. overwhelming for me..

currently 17 weeks and i had brown spotting due to a bad cough pushing my placenta down - because i have low placenta..

so i have to rest more instead of walking around in crowded congested areas.

Just came from Mummy's Market baby expo. It's super crowded and full of pregnant women and mums pushing strollers. After seeing the crowd, hard to believe Singapore has population growth problem.. Haha...

Managed to get my Medela swing maxi set with sterilizer. Got the warmer too as my fren bought the freestyle set. The queue was 1hr 45 mins long cuz that booth is really popular but they only have one cashier. Sigh. Bring your husband to queue for you while you walk ard. It's really nuts. I didn't even have the heart to buy much stuff cuz the queues were all so long. Only bought a cute wet bag and breast milk storage bags (120pc for $26; Medela was selling 20pc for same price!) from mummykidz.com stall which was next to Medela, went to browse while patient hubby waited in the queue... They have some cute baby clothes in many stalls around too, but so many ppl gave me bb clothes so don't need to buy.

Think tomorrow will be even worse, if you can, go super early and cheong for what you want. Note that the Britax stroller stall is NOT selling their strollers at the discount price stated!! The discount price was only for display pieces! I wanted to buy car seat but it's so crazy and busy that the vendors don't really have time to help you or discuss with you. So I gave up buying seat. You must really do your research first and go there already knowing what you want so that you can just take and line up. Lucky I called a friend who offered to pass me their infant car seat in the end. No need to stress about car seat until bb is about 1yo!

My last big ticket items will be crib and changing table. I will prob get those from Ikea.

Anyone else has gotten most of your major items alr? Hope my info is helpful to those gg for baby expo. Sorry if it is v long to read!

tpy

V tired my legs are going to crack. Bot breast milk storage bags 80 pcs at 20 dollars, stroller v lightweight n v easy to fold to keep it at 259, joie carseat that can be used from newborn to 7 yrs old at 299. Was thinking to buy sec hand or borrow from friends milk pump but I read reviews that ameda milk pumps r quite gd n reasonable price so I bot it at 329 with storage bags n disposable pads as so called freebies haha. Also bot tomy milk bottles n bribs though we still don't know the gender yet hehe. We also bot atocare vacuum cleaner for mattress n soft toys as I saw my friend's one yr old branded mattress got a lot dust mines n dusts after she used the vacuum to suck them out.

jadeite

wow tpy you really made your trip worthwhile... hehe! I also don't know gender that's another reason why not too keen to buy clothes yet...rely on donations for now! the vacuum cleaner sounds like a good idea!!

Your Ameda breast pump is a single or double? $329 is a good price. the Medela maxi deal is not bad too, came with disposable bra pads and nipple cream plus extra bottles and $30 voucher. A lot of people didn't get their freestyle set cuz they ran out of stock but I heard they restocked for today.

tpy

I bought the ameda double electric pumps. No loud noise when pumping. my colleague is now using medela pumps v noisy as she pumps in the office n I am seated near her. Kind of irritated by the sound so I din want to go for that brand.

tpy

Oh ya today we went back again as yesterday no more energy to go for Harvey Norman sale which is also at expo to find items for our new Hse. Bought California baby calendula cream smaller bottle n same brand body cum shampoo for baby. Was suppose to buy the bigger bottle of the cream but today no stock again. Yesterday no stock by 2pm.

jadeite

ya the freestyle is v noisy I heard.. but the swing maxi is much quieter. so I did not go for the freestyle... anyway the room where we pump is v insulated, even had colleagues bring hair dryer and dry hair before and can't even hear that from outside. haha! so at least I won't disturb colleagues.

i wanted to get the cali baby cream too!! totally forgot when I was there sigh. and no amount of begging can get hubby to go back to expo and into that madness... lol

tpy

Lol jadeite, maybe can get it again in future bb fairs then coz even when I was there yesterday at 1pm the calming shampoo cum body wash n the cream left last bottle Liao n lucky I managed to get them. I have not buy sterilizer though as I m not sure how useful it is as compared to our mother time, using boiling water mtd....

jadeite

I only bought the sterilizer cuz it was $50 with purchase of the pump... Original price $250 I think. So ok la quite worth it just buy. My mum also said just use hot water haha.

The good thing abt the steriliser is it will auto off once done & saves water. Traditional method needs a big pot, esp if u pump = more bottles, & needs monitoring. The thing is not sure the parts of the pump can use traditional method to sterilise or not.

jadeite:831831 said:
I only bought the sterilizer cuz it was $50 with purchase of the pump... Original price $250 I think. So ok la quite worth it just buy. My mum also said just use hot water haha.

jo1402

yups... the sterilizer also cleans the breast pump parts properly. so that's another plus for me...
Really? Can use the sterilizer to clean the breast pump parts? I went ytd and wow... place was super crowded... ended up with headache just walking one round.... But I bought the Avent sterilizer set (OOS really fast! and super long queue...) and also the Avent breast pump (my fren gave hers away.. to my dismay!) but the prices were quite gd ^^. The 3-in-1 sterilizer bundle set was $135 and the Single Electric breast pump bundle was $229 (usu price ard $400+). Bought the nipple cream ($15) and Soothing Magic cream (for baby - $13) for a few dollars off the usual prices too. Extra 2 Avent bottles at $34.00 (heard fr hubby's fren is considered cheap) and also disposable breast pads (2 boxes @$10.50). We ordered the Combi brand stroller which was $308 (usual price abt $339) for delivery too - can close and open easily with one hand, abt 5.7kg in weight, can carry the kid till 36 mths old).

Hubby wanted to buy the Babybjorn Active carrier (Mesh) but already ran out of black color..we din want white color.. but really good buy leh... only $179 for mesh version at the fair, was $200+ usually I think. I'll get the cot and changing station elsewhere too. Think too early to have a cot set up in the room. But I forgot the milk storage bags...

Phoebii Cheng

Hi Anyone here knows of Lacteol Fort? Does it really help in constipation? I went to this doctor, and he prescribe me this probiotic.....not sure if it helps, I read that it does help in curbing diarrhea and that it is something like yakult or yoghurt

maviss

i had bad constipation too when i was around 15 weeks but now i currently take vitagen and it helps alot. maybe you can try
im currently at 19 weeks now. no issue. on and off only.

Hi Anyone here knows of Lacteol Fort? Does it really help in constipation? I went to this doctor, and he prescribe me this probiotic.....not sure if it helps, I read that it does help in curbing diarrhea and that it is something like yakult or yoghurt

LH779

hey ladies - I gave the baby fair a miss, cos my friend went on 4 Oct late morning and she was telling me it's super crowded and I can only go late afternoon.

anyway I went to kiddyplace, isetan etc they also like selling the breastpump at discounted price. the medala single pump 299, avents at 229 etc... so seems like the discount not a lot, though i'm not sure if there's other freebies at the fair. so for mummies who miss the fair i'm sure there's other good deals if you keep a look out :)

Layla0401

Has anyone's doctor scheduled them for a foetal anomaly scan? I think my doc forgot to tell us during the appointment but the nurse informed us later that we will have to go for it at 22 weeks and the clinic had already pre-booked it for us. It will be performed by another doctor in the X-Ray dept at PEH. I haven't googled it yet - anyone know what it's about and if it's really necessary? It'll cost about $260+ so am wondering if we can just skip it since we have so many scans...