EDD Mar 2014

Just Me

Hi to all mummies..

I give birth at kkh and didnt know that any follow-up check ups on baby will be done at polyclinic until i called kkh to check 2 days ago... all along i tot baby will be having check-ups at kkh too..
Do you know if we can request for follow up to be done at kkh instead of polyclinic?
Anybody request for that before?

OrangeBeauty

Hi,

My EDD is 14 Mar but my baby Ethan listen to his mummy calling and come out to say hello by 03 Mar after tortured his mum for 16 hrs.
I use epidural once dilates 4-5 cms as really cannot stand e pain eventhough using gas. In stage 2 of labour while need to pushing bb out, no epidural but it really help pushing out.

Layla0401

Hi ladies, I have given birth to 3.5kg baby boy on 21 mar, just a day shy if his EDD. Waterbag leaked on Thur evening, admit to labour ward at 7pm only 1-2cm dilated. Next morning still not further dilated and little contractions so doc give me some pitocin and burst waterbag with finger (apparently the lots of water leak was some sort of outer bag? I'll share more details later once I find out) and after that pain was unbearable. Ard 4-5 cm, I asked for NO2 and it worked until last 9-9.5cm and I just started pushing but baby couldn't come out. So I asked to vaccuum baby out. More than 10 stitches and slight tear near ureter but very happy baby came out very alert and started suckling almost immediately. Sat morn discharged, but sun night I went back coz baby got fever and looks like jaundice. So now back in hospital for phototherapy and doing test for source of fever. Baby dehydrated because not enough breast milk (engorged and stuck) so supplementing with formula milk for now til he gets better and milk can flow out. Feeling a bit sad coz baby looks so poor thing crying and feel guilty for not enough milk, but can't be helped for now.

jo1402

Hi mummies,

I'm back home but sadly nipples seem stuck now that I'm starting to have milk in the breasts and both are stuck =( Baby cannot get milk n now can only try to let her suckle (all sore already) and drink formula milk... still waiting for KKH's lactation consultant to call me... any mummies with experience and solution? My confinement lady already tried massages and hand expressing, nothing works. I think engorgement is gg to happen soon..

Layla0401

Jo I am having stuck ducts now output very little but seems my milk is in. Since I am rooming with baby, I asked the lactation consultant who initially helped me to come up. Right now she has put frozen diapers on my breasts (take diapers, thoroughly wet then and put in freezer) and will come up in 15 nib to give me another super painful massage. Will let you know how it goes..

jo1402

Layla: yup, super engorged..vv painful...I woke up middle of e nite with v painful n engorged breasts (plus sore nipples) n realized I can't raise my right arm much :( I was lying on my left side n the right side was super swollen w hard lumps fr armpit to side of breast :( tot to try pumping n only a while my baby cried. No choice tried to latch her n she only suckled a bit but at least use hand to squeeze gt abit of milk came out nw. Aft that CL told me to try pumping again so gt a bit finally in e bottle! But so little that both breasts are still abt e same. Gt to put cabbage n eat panadol. Morning came n still In pain with lumps n dunno how to lie to rest cos whole chest feels really painful. Gg back to KKH to c lactation consultant later

watudoin

Mummies, today is already the 8th day since my baby born. But til now i have no engorgement, and very limited edition milk (only 4 ml already from both sides). Hence i am now formula feeding. Have eaten Fenugreek, massage n all.. But yet to see result. :((( any mummies experiencing this too? Feel so sad i cant breastfeed my baby. Tried many ways to latch her on, but she get frustated because no milk maybe?

Just Me

Hi watudoin,

Even if no milk u still let the baby suckle.. u must let the baby constantly stimulate the milk for you.. u might what to try let ur baby suckle every 2-3hrs.. u have to consume lotsa fluid too.. otherwise ur body also cant produce enuff milk..
U might want to try this before every feed:
massage is very impt so massage ur breast before every feed. Esp those hard area of the breast. Use a warm cloth to cover ur breast for awhile before massage for better milk flow. Also rem to wipe ur nipple to clean away the dry ducts. Sometimes is becos of blocked nipples and not because u gt no milk. Massage ur aerola also. Though milk might not b much nw.. but let ur baby suckle every 2-3hrs even no milk.. each feed work w one breast.. each suckle limit to 15 -20mins, then feed formula. The next feed do the same routine.. but start w the other breast instead, 15-20mins then formula. Slowly u will see the flow.

LH779

My boy is overdue already. Still no signs on dilatation after delay for over 1 week.

Gynae told me to go hospital tomorrow to deliver. Either way, have to deliver tomorrow since already overdue. Though wanted a natural way to give birth, but if really no choice also cannot help it. Now just hoping he's safe and healthy.

watudoin

Just me, thanks for your advise. Still having problem with latching my baby. She gets so impatient. In the end i just gave in to formula, although i still try to pump every few hours, and only hv 5 ml of milk. :(
LH779, i think walking a lot helps. On the day before I gave birth, I walked from plaza sing to Taka, then walk n walk around the Taka baby fair, and the next morning I was already dilated 3 cm when i was at doctor's clinic. Jia you! :)

CallmeVAL

Edd on 14 March

Hi mummies my babyboy was born on 11 of March 2014 induce and without epidural super happy!!:) Jiayous mummies who have not deliver yet!!

Angies

I gave birth on 11 march too!
Bfeeding must be one of the most difficult but rewarding thing I have attempted. On half bfeed half formula now.

Can add me to Facebook group please?

Last edited:

LH779

Yah, walking does help watudoin! I went walking plus climb some steps on Wednesday evening. Then at night contractions got more intense. Till cannot take it at 4~5am so we decide to go hospital earlier on Thursday morning. When they check I'm 2~3cm dilated! So finally manage to deliver my boy naturally by 4pm. Really glad.

I think now the epidural finally wears off completely and when i walk its getting a bit difficult....

So far I've breastfeed. I dun know if he's getting enough, but so far he poo and pee. And he suckle away. So have to keep monitoring so see that my supply is enough to feed. I'm also not too sure if he's latch on correctly. The lactation consultant did came to teach, but still unsure most time.

jadeite

Layla, never heard of the frozen diaper thing! Haha! Sounds wacky but I hope it works. Guess I've been quite blessed in the bf dept as I'm not having much trouble - but really am grateful to the LCs at Mt A for their help because the first two days were quite awful.

LH, so long as his pee and poo output is good, then input of bm is good too. I wish our boobs came with volume markers haha but only can rely on baby's output to judge. I'm on total bf regime and haven't pumped at all... Will try to pump next month and see if baby can take one feed thru bottle so that her papa can feed her.

Hope everyone is doing well with their newborns and enjoying motherhood!

LH779

Yah, I guess bf seems difficult cos u really dun know how much baby's getting. Jus now i fed baby for 30 mins on both breast. But still the moment i put him down he cry, and when i offer my breast he really rush for it frantically! After another 10 mins i ask the nurse and she say should be enough and assured me he is latch on well. As now i only 2nd night real milk probably still not there, so no point. So carry him to pacify him and brought him back to nursery.

I stayed another night as baby's jaundice level high. So i also want him to go back nursery for the light, but on the other hand i also scare he hungry.... dilemma...

marchbabe

Hi March Mummies,
May i ask if the 4 to 8 weeks health screening in the health booklet needs to be done at the pediatrician? Please advise. I don't feel like going back to the same pediatrician that attended to my bb when she is born. Any good recommendations? Thanks in advance!

rachie82

Hi March Mummies,
May i ask if the 4 to 8 weeks health screening in the health booklet needs to be done at the pediatrician? Please advise. I don't feel like going back to the same pediatrician that attended to my bb when she is born. Any good recommendations? Thanks in advance!
Can go to polyclinic. Cheaper also. All my jaundice checkup, jabs all done at polyclinic

Panic

Hi, may I know anyone use cloth cradle (the cloth hang with spring) to let baby sleep on? My mother in law insist to place baby sleep on the cloth cradle, I'm worrying whether it will affect baby's spine development due to the curl position?