EDD March 2011

kaitokane

Went gynae appointment ytd, cervix still not yet open :< So if by next week EDD 10march, she still don't want to be out, will be inducing.. dun want induce also no choice already..

Alice Ooi

Hi mummies,

I have stopped posting for a few months. Now that I'm on maternity leave, finally have much time to post. Nice to meet all the new mummies here,my EDD is 12 march, but my dr say might need to induce me on Monday cuz baby is engaged for the past 2 months due to my child bearing hip and bay's weight doesn't increase much. But I'm not even 1cm dilated according to his check on Tues. I can only wait as for now and I can't stop worrying.

jespang

Hi mummies, my EDD is 9 Mar (ie. now left abt 6 more days to go). Went for checkup two days ago.. same like other mummies my cervix is not dilated yet but my doctor said that my baby's head is very low now. Did a fluid scanning check as well, my water level is abt 7.1 of which my doctor said is still very good. She also suggested to induce if my baby still doesn't want to come out by another one more wk. She did mention it will be more painful. So now I m abit concerned if I shld opt for C-Sect then.

Mummies, wat do will u think? Since day one, I hv been hoping for a normal delivery but since doctor said induce will be more painful labor, I got worry not sure if I can withstand the pain.

mummyhu

Hi labies! looks like everyone is thinking of inducing. I wanted to induce also next wk if nothing happens (not becoz i can't stand the waiting but coz of my aging placenta). Went to Dr today and he hooked me up for an hour to the ctg machine to check fetal heartbeat and my contractions. he says that i'm having regular contractions at 10mins apart. however, i can't feel a thing and i didn't even know! so he says if nothing happens tonight, i shld come back again to the clinic tmr morning to be monitored. if it gets worse tonight, then i should check myself in. could be a possibility of false labour? baby not fully engaged, no show, waterbag is intact, no dilation...hmmm...
anyways my fren just delivered. she induced @ 39wks. 18hrs of labour with epidural still not fully dilated and they went for c-sect in the end coz the baby is stuck in the birth canal for too long. guess its expected to be long and painful, since the body isnt ready for it. so hope u all dun suffer too much if induced.

Gynae did an IE earlier and said "still at 1cm" so I guess I was already 1cm dilated since last week. But everything's still okay according to her. Also had brown discharge this PM but she told me to expect some brown discharge due to IE. Baby's head is low already so I might be giving birth anytime soon. However, I prefer to give birth atleast on thursday onwards to make sure I get something from hubby's health insurance so I'm sort of imposed a house arrest for myself until wednesday :p

gladmum

Hihi, would like to know more march mummies :) My edd is 4th march which is tdy but till now baby still happily in hotel uterus :)

Jinny

Hi mummies, I've given birth on 1 march!! My edd was 11 march.
What happen was the night before I experience some water leakage and regular contractions which was more pain than the normal Braxton hicks, so I decided to admit to hospital. Once there time was 1am+ I was only 1.5cm dilated, so was put on CTG machine and then wait for further dilation, sadly after 7am still no progress. Then my gynea instructed to induce my to speed up the whole process, after 2hrs only 3cm dilated, gosh I'm already in deep pain, but gynea strongly advise me not to take the epidural due to baby's head not low enough and I needed to push more hard. Ok so I gritted my teeth and went through the whole ordeal with only oxygen gas and a penthidine jab. Finally at 4pm+, the urge to push is so strong, and dilation is almost there, baby was finally delivered at 5pm+!! I'm very relief now that baby's out safely delivered and very thankful that my hubby was so supportive all the whole time.
I wish the best for all u new mums, and be brave, relax and push!!

millyming

What happen was the night before I experience some water leakage and regular contractions which was more pain than the normal Braxton hicks, so I decided to admit to hospital. Once there time was 1am+ I was only 1.5cm dilated, so was put on CTG machine and then wait for further dilation, sadly after 7am still no progress. Then my gynea instructed to induce my to speed up the whole process, after 2hrs only 3cm dilated, gosh I'm already in deep pain, but gynea strongly advise me not to take the epidural due to baby's head not low enough and I needed to push more hard. Ok so I gritted my teeth and went through the whole ordeal with only oxygen gas and a penthidine jab. Finally at 4pm+, the urge to push is so strong, and dilation is almost there, baby was finally delivered at 5pm+!! I'm very relief now that baby's out safely delivered and very thankful that my hubby was so supportive all the whole time.
wow, congratulation!! and you did a great job!
have a good rest ya!

millyming

Today went to see my gynae for check up
everything okie. Baby is 3kg now, fluid level is good,
and dilated 2cm...

she so sure to tell me, before my duedate 19th, baby will be out!
so finger cross, hope baby can come out earlier and most important health and safe!

kaitokane

Waoo! Congrats to you mummy jinny! :) rest well!

charmine

I have 10 more days to my edd. This morning at around 1 a.m i have experienced bad backache and on and off menses cramp feeling. It was really more painful than before and it lasted till 5a.m !! I thought i was going to be in labour soon and went for a bath. But after my bath, i didn't feel the cramps and backache anymore ! Any mommies experience this before ??? How bad must the contraction be in order for me to admit to the hospital??

millyming

I have 10 more days to my edd. This morning at around 1 a.m i have experienced bad backache and on and off menses cramp feeling. It was really more painful than before and it lasted till 5a.m !! I thought i was going to be in labour soon and went for a bath. But after my bath, i didn't feel the cramps and backache anymore ! Any mommies experience this before ??? How bad must the contraction be in order for me to admit to the hospital??
same with me! i experience this also.....
then i admitted to hospital, but then, it show no contraction at all......hence, doc said you may back home and wait again..
it just a false labour... :(

You'll know it's the real thing if the pain is not subsiding no matter what you do. And I think it's normal for most mummies to feel braxton hicks during nighttime til the wee hours of the morning. And you have to time your contractions as well. And if it's time for the baby to come out, chances are you'll notice your little one isn't moving much :) These are the major signs to watch out for btw:
- bloody show
- rupture of waterbag
- menstrual cramp like pain (contractions) around the belly area upto the pelvicbone area.

ling198

Hi all,
Seems like most people here are anxious to end their pregnancy days. I'm now in my 37th week and initially I was like everyone else, anxious to see my baby and have my big tummy gone. But recently I really don't want it to end!!!
I do have problems sleeping at night (due to frequent toilet breaks) and feels uncomfortable with the big tummy, esp when the baby is engaged already.
Other than that, this is like the best times of my life. I am starting to appreciate the remaining couple times my hubby and I have. We will go out to malls and look around, initially for baby's stuff but after a while, just for the fun of window shopping together. I have reasons to sleep in late and just rest at home, watching movies online etc because that's what the doc advised. ;)
Most imptly, my baby is with me all the time - whether I am doing chores, watching tv, and I can talk/sing to her without her crying all the time.

Of cuz I do look fwd to seeing her too but I think it is impt that mummies like us enjoy the process of pregnancy as much as possible, because like many mothers who have given birth, we will all going to miss this part of the pregnancy alot when it's gone.

pkshl

Hi mummies,
im approaching my 35th week & already having backaches, cant sleep well at night etc. & few days back i experienced some discharge flowing out, felt quite uncomfortable, my gyne said cos i walk too much.

now cant walk much too, last sat went out with my parents & my boy, walk awhile feel so tired & leg aching+ now my son(22mths) so active & so difficult to take care, duno iszit he jealous of baby, will always throw temper, scream & cry, ask him what he want, he dun want to talk, juz cry nonstop.haiz...

jespang

Hi mummies out there, I m one day overdue liao... EDD is 9 Mar. Till todate, she still doesn't want to come out.. keep talking to her to come out soon, everything is ready for her but she seem ...sigh!! :001_07:.. Honestly I m abit depress now despite some people said first baby usually born slightly later n my doctor said my baby will be more stronger.

Also hv to keep monitor if she is moving every now n then, I m abit tired as well esp when my hubby keep asking me every hr if the baby is moving or not.

Most probably going for induction next Mon and hope can see my girl by next Mon or Tue.

For those mummies to be, I sincerely wish u gals have a smooth and easy delivery and all babies out there are cute, strong and healthy!!! Good luck!!! To me as well....:tongue::tbounce::wong3:

Katemonaco

I'm in my 38th week and experienced bloody 'show' last night but my gynae has mentioned that show is not indicative of labour so guess I have to wait for contractions to arrive. I have no idea how to 'push'. Is it similar to a bowel movement?

ling198

Hi mummies out there, I m one day overdue liao... EDD is 9 Mar. Till todate, she still doesn't want to come out.. keep talking to her to come out soon, everything is ready for her but she seem ...sigh!! :001_07:.. Honestly I m abit depress now despite some people said first baby usually born slightly later n my doctor said my baby will be more stronger.

Also hv to keep monitor if she is moving every now n then, I m abit tired as well esp when my hubby keep asking me every hr if the baby is moving or not.

Most probably going for induction next Mon and hope can see my girl by next Mon or Tue.

For those mummies to be, I sincerely wish u gals have a smooth and easy delivery and all babies out there are cute, strong and healthy!!! Good luck!!! To me as well....:tongue::tbounce::wong3:

Good luck, MTB jespang!