EDD March 2013

NeyMO

i've decided the english name.. not chinese.. so having headaches now.. maybe gotta go library or bookstore to research abit..
The most important thing is you and your hubby loves the name then that will do... My bb name was given by my Father-in-law whom is very good at chinese. I love the name he gave to my hubby and thats why I asked him to name his grandson as well :001_302:A very very unique and meaningful name and my father-in-law even explain the story of the name give.. LOL

Then my hubby (acts like a Fengshui expect ... haha.. i always laugh at him as he sometimes make very "pro" comments from fengshui aspects.. sounds very true but dun know true or not) studied the name from year of born, five metals (Jin, Mu, Shui, Hou, Tu) and nature of character, then the baby name scored 96.. Wow... then he already very happy... :001_302:

neuros

I have that pulling feeling in my lower abdomen for the past 2 weeks till now. Mostly when I'm walking around in the late afternoon. It gets so uncomfortable I've to sit down. Can be quite painful at times. Tho gynae says it's normal.

mhjt

I might end up going to KKH or Gleneagles, TMC classes on Saturday, one weekend I cant make it.

Does the classes all cover the same things?

NeyMO

TMC does have the weekdays class. I signed up the Thursday class at AMK hub coz my hubby is working nearby. : )

NeyMO

Just back from Baby Kingdom. The Royale car seat $333 looks good to us. Still thinking : )

Anyone getting bb cot's mattress already? Wanna buy natural latex and still looking ard...

yingzy

Hi all,

Sorry to interrupt but just to share this, I have brand new Dr Brown milk bottles for sale. They are made in USA and BPA free. Both standard and wide neck bottles. Dr Brown is a very good bottle to tackle colic problem for babies. Pls note that the Dr Browns sold in SG retail stores are Made in China. Mine is made in USA and the price is lower than the ones sold in SG retail stores.

Interested can email me at yingzyleong@gmail.com

Vodka

Thanks Neymo for updating the gender score board!! =)

Hmmm..what's the class about?? It is good to sign up?? Actually we haven't done much shopping for baby except decide on maternity insurance...still considering which cord blood bank to use though..

Any mummies already decided on cord blood banking??

NeyMO

Thanks Neymo for updating the gender score board!! =)

Hmmm..what's the class about?? It is good to sign up?? Actually we haven't done much shopping for baby except decide on maternity insurance...still considering which cord blood bank to use though..

Any mummies already decided on cord blood banking??
Just a sharing.

Cord blood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although umbilical cord blood is well-recognized to be useful for treating hematopoietic and genetic disorders, some controversy surrounds the collection and storage of umbilical cord blood by private banks for the baby's use. Only a small percentage of babies (estimated at between 1 in 1,000 to 1 in 200,000) ever use the umbilical cord blood that is stored. The American Academy of Pediatrics 2007 Policy Statement on Cord Blood Banking states that:

"Physicians should be aware of the unsubstantiated claims of private cord blood banks made to future parents that promise to insure infants or family members against serious illnesses in the future by use of the stem cells contained in cord blood;"

Further down on the same webpage:

In May 2006 The World Marrow Donor Association (WMDA) Policy Statement for the Utility of Autologous or Family Cord Blood Unit Storage[33] stated that:
1.The use of autologous cord blood cells for the treatment of childhood leukemia is contra-indicated because pre-leukemic cells are present at birth. Autologous cord blood carries the same genetic defects as the donor and should not be used to treat genetic diseases.
2.There is at present no known protocol where autologous cord blood stem cells are used in therapy.
3.If autologous stem cell therapies should become reality in the future, these protocols will probably rely on easily accessible stem cells.

NeyMO

hello Smilem mummy,

You had bought Royale Car seat from baby kingdom, right? What color you bought - grey or blue? I went to baby kingdom last night and apparently the lady served us not Aunty Juliet as her face was extremely black... :eek:

smilem

Apr gal =

when purchase car seat, make sure the car seat belt can go across the car seat ( to be more secured).. for sharing, i bought this royale car seat.. whereby there ve a plastic stick out to reduce the force if the car jam hard. & also have the sun sheld ( to prevent mrg sun shine on bb)..

As for playpen or cot, reali depend on your house got space for a cot.. coz it reali ocuupied space. but cot is better in terms it harden & better for bb's backbone (as bb start growing). 2nd consideratin = is easier to carry the bb out from the cot then play pen (our backbone also impt).. 3rd consideration = cot can convert to become a junior bed / sofa.. 4th consideration - i agreed wif u.. playpen seems more fragile. :)

hope my 2 cents is useful to you :)

Hi, wanna ask if Baby kingdom has wide selection for car seat, stroller n playpen? I'm thinking of having a look at Capella stroller as it meets most of my requirement but nd to test d durability n rollers. For car seat not sure which to get though. Hope to get smtg which can last when bb gets older too. Not sure better to get playpen or bb cot cos playpen seems like quite fragile. Any suggestions?

smilem

Neymo = tat the one i bought.. i got the gray colour.

the cot c/w mattress. i tik of let bb slp till 2 yrs old then change to natural latex for bb..

Just back from Baby Kingdom. The Royale car seat $333 looks good to us. Still thinking : )

Anyone getting bb cot's mattress already? Wanna buy natural latex and still looking ard...

JuJuLim

So nice... i still ve not feel the movement nor the punch yet
Hello mommies finally ytd my husband felt baby moving when he was trying to talk to him or her.

alot of times baby of mine move when he or she hear music. Like ytd we watching musical movie and baby kept mmoving so mommies u might like to try that out to feel baby moving

Next Thursday is my check up again pray that baby can show me gender.

smilem

AUntie juliet didn't force us to buy & always put a smiling face.. jz tat my hubby said since now got promo & he is free.. so we decided to get those "big items 1st = cot / car seat / stroller" the rest still can wait..

now i ve not get the bottle warmer / breast pump (coz duno wat brand to buy.. i tot of after the class then i ask).

Lately i suffered from the acute headache... tat y no shopping for me. I went to YU REN SHENG to see the senior physician.. Txs ... she is gynae + acupuintist (15 yrs).. she mentioned dun anyhow go outside do tu na & acuputure especially now pregg coz certain point cannot poke needles..

Txs to her medi & acuputure now slightly better. i can come to work. the headache is slightly less frequent and the pain within the bearable stage. i stopped the calcium & pre-vitamin 1st coz too heaty for my body to take it..once my headache gone, i can resume the medi.. hopefully my bb still ok.

The next scan on 01 Nov. my hubby will be oversea & i go alone.. hopefully can see the gender :) before i go for BKK trip to buy clothes (lolz)

hello Smilem mummy,

You had bought Royale Car seat from baby kingdom, right? What color you bought - grey or blue? I went to baby kingdom last night and apparently the lady served us not Aunty Juliet as her face was extremely black... :eek:

Teens09

My baby is very funny, he/she dun like me to put any thing on my tummy, like i put a pillow on my tummy to play my ipad, he/she will kick/punch or move to make me take it away.. Zzz