EDD March 2013

Shinymint

Hi all MTB! Haven really been actively loggin here since my first baby gal's born last yr Aug. Life is soooo fulfilling and yet busy. Currently having my second baby boy EDD on 27 Mar via C-sec @ TMC. Im thinking of delivering on 1 Apr which happens to be my actual birthday, but Im not sure if my current gynae will charge me EXTRA for choosing specific day lol... Btw, anyone has any recc for postnatal massage? The one that I had last time (babies bellies) was relatively good but I cannot stand the massage oil smell! Its done by a malay lady whom I can't remember her name and i would say her skill is quite good, but the OIL SMELL factor i really cannot tahan. Same goes for my baby gal last time, she avoided latching on cos of the smell that I had! So sad lor...

And if any of you mummies wanna stock up wet tissues, I recc Kodomo brand at Watson when they have the $2 buy and buy 10 free 1 sale. I usually stock up 2 boxes (48 packs) when the sale starts. Personally I think Pigeon brand is too 'dry' to use, and the Huggies brand tissue material isnt soft enough for my baby butt. Can give Kodomo a try, as I think its relatively wet to use and most imptly it wont dry up fast even when you open up the pack for use.

l0r3tTa

Baby Gender Board March 2013

Currently 20 boys & 14 gals

NeyMO - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 1
blurbabe - Prince Mount A Mar 1
mhjt - Prince Singapore General Hospital Mar 3
l0r3tTa - Prince Mt Alvernia Hospital Mar 3
Neuros - Prince Mount A Mar 7
Fioray- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 8
teens09 - Prince Mount A Mar 10
nyukmooy - Prince Mount Elizabeth Mar 11
Milyve- Prince Mt A Mar 12
aps -
Prince Thomson Medical Center/Mount A Mar 16
Jujulim -
Prince Mar 18
gtss -
Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 19
bersionr - Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 19
Purpleliciousmummy- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 22
happy queen - Prince Mount A Mar 25
dee889 - Prince Mount Elizabeth Mar 23

wan81-
Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 26
shinymint - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 27
Vodka- Prince Mount A Mar 29
Putri - Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 31

Apr Gal - Princess Thomson Medical Center Feb 23
luckymum - Princess "didn't mention which hospital" Mar 8
blurps - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 10
veryberry - Princess Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 11
Phycyj - Princess Mount Elizabeth Mar 13
MsSaggi- Princess Gleneagles Hospital Mar 14
Cagnes - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 15
Nurul Z - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 18
Smilem - Princess Thomson Medical Centre Mar 19-20
Susannanation - Princess Thomson Medical Centre Mar 22
Oqleong - Princess Mar 22
Pooi Yan - Princess Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 22
EQCM32 - Princess Mt A Mar 28
meijichoc - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 28

miffymiffy - TBC Thomson Medical Center Mar 16
Suzanne - TBC Mar 2013

l0r3tTa

Hi all MTB! Haven really been actively loggin here since my first baby gal's born last yr Aug. Life is soooo fulfilling and yet busy. Currently having my second baby boy EDD on 27 Mar via C-sec @ TMC. Im thinking of delivering on 1 Apr which happens to be my actual birthday, but Im not sure if my current gynae will charge me EXTRA for choosing specific day lol... Btw, anyone has any recc for postnatal massage? The one that I had last time (babies bellies) was relatively good but I cannot stand the massage oil smell! Its done by a malay lady whom I can't remember her name and i would say her skill is quite good, but the OIL SMELL factor i really cannot tahan. Same goes for my baby gal last time, she avoided latching on cos of the smell that I had! So sad lor...

And if any of you mummies wanna stock up wet tissues, I recc Kodomo brand at Watson when they have the $2 buy and buy 10 free 1 sale. I usually stock up 2 boxes (48 packs) when the sale starts. Personally I think Pigeon brand is too 'dry' to use, and the Huggies brand tissue material isnt soft enough for my baby butt. Can give Kodomo a try, as I think its relatively wet to use and most imptly it wont dry up fast even when you open up the pack for use.
Welcome back shinymint.. how are you coping with a toddler and pregnancy?

Oh, I am considering babies bellies and at the same time i am re-considering post-natal massage cos i want to breastfeed and i'm also very concern if the massage and wrap etc will hinder with breastfeeding. and now you mention the smell issue..goodness..

How?? hahaha...

Shinymint

[/QUOTE]Welcome back shinymint.. how are you coping with a toddler and pregnancy?

Oh, I am considering babies bellies and at the same time i am re-considering post-natal massage cos i want to breastfeed and i'm also very concern if the massage and wrap etc will hinder with breastfeeding. and now you mention the smell issue..goodness..

How?? hahaha...[/QUOTE]

Thanks gal! I'm quite lucky to have my mum taking care of my baby girl so I'm quite easy and flexible with my timing. I'm still sourcing for other postnatal massage packages but many of my friends said those Malay massagers are more effective in slimming down ur tummy esp with their massage oil. I think no choice have to go with breast pumping storing the milk and bottlefeed baby while the treatment ends. I'll update once I find better packages.

NeyMO

Hi NeyMo,
HOw you find the class? Useful? I have not attend yet. I paid for 400 plus for weekend class. My hubby wants to join me.
THe class is very informative and interactive. My hubby and myself sometimes will recall what has taught in the class and we should do.

The class also disclose a lot of pregnancy old wives tale. Haha.... I am a scientist yet cant stopping laughing at those myth.... :001_302:

Do enjoy your class with your hubby.. Good for FTM :001_302:

Hi all March Mummies To be!!!

Have been busy with preparing my DS for his Childcare registration and confirmation of my baby gender which leads me to be away from this post for months and realize I missed out a lot of new topics...

Just last week managed to get the confirmation of my baby gender, happy to know we are going to have a princess in the house finally and will be giving birth in SGH around 9 March 2013... Hopefully can be earlier so tat both my babies can celebrate their b'day together in near future.. :p

Just wondering any mummies here having difficulty in sleeping at night and suffering terrible backaches??
Is there any ways to ease the backache and insomnia??
As having hard time concentrating in take care my elder son during the day and feel bad neglecting him often as my backache is really a torture to let me do anything.. :(

aps

Hi ladies, I'll be popping over to bb fair later today. Do drop a msg if u want to know abt the prices of stuff. :)

l0r3tTa

Baby Gender Board March 2013

Currently 20 boys & 15 gals

NeyMO - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 1
blurbabe - Prince Mount A Mar 1
mhjt - Prince Singapore General Hospital Mar 3
l0r3tTa - Prince Mt Alvernia Hospital Mar 3
Neuros - Prince Mount Alvernia Hospital Mar 7
Fioray- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 8
teens09 - Prince Mount A Mar 10
nyukmooy - Prince Mount Elizabeth Mar 11
Milyve- Prince Mt A Mar 12
aps -
Prince Thomson Medical Center/Mount A Mar 16
Jujulim -
Prince Mar 18
gtss -
Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 19
bersionr - Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 19
Purpleliciousmummy- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 22
happy queen - Prince Mount A Mar 25
dee889 - Prince Mount Elizabeth Mar 23

wan81-
Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 26
shinymint - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 27
Vodka- Prince Mount A Mar 29
Putri - Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 31

Apr Gal - Princess Thomson Medical Center Feb 23
luckymum - Princess "didn't mention which hospital" Mar 8
Pinkyinbaby - Princess Singapore General Hospital Mar 9
blurps - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 10
veryberry - Princess Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 11
Phycyj - Princess Mount Elizabeth Mar 13
MsSaggi- Princess Gleneagles Hospital Mar 14
Cagnes - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 15
Nurul Z - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 18
Smilem - Princess Thomson Medical Centre Mar 19-20
Susannanation - Princess Thomson Medical Centre Mar 22
Oqleong - Princess Mar 22
Pooi Yan - Princess Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 22
EQCM32 - Princess Mt A Mar 28
meijichoc - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 28

miffymiffy - TBC Thomson Medical Center Mar 16
Suzanne - TBC Mar 2013

l0r3tTa

Hi all March Mummies To be!!!

Have been busy with preparing my DS for his Childcare registration and confirmation of my baby gender which leads me to be away from this post for months and realize I missed out a lot of new topics...

Just last week managed to get the confirmation of my baby gender, happy to know we are going to have a princess in the house finally and will be giving birth in SGH around 9 March 2013... Hopefully can be earlier so tat both my babies can celebrate their b'day together in near future.. :p

Just wondering any mummies here having difficulty in sleeping at night and suffering terrible backaches??
Is there any ways to ease the backache and insomnia??
As having hard time concentrating in take care my elder son during the day and feel bad neglecting him often as my backache is really a torture to let me do anything.. :(

Congratulations pinkyinbaby.

I also have a toddler age 2years old. But i havent sent him to childcare yet. I experience backache and pelvic pains (butt pain) all the time. hahaha..and having to care for the toddler just makes it not get better. haha.. I also experience insonmia on some nights. I don't know how to deal with insonmia but to just continue to lie in bed and try to sleep, sometimes only after 1 hour then get back to sleep. As for the backaches and pelvic pains, I use a trigger ball and foam roller to help me ease the muscle tension. It helps relieve but will still come back eventually.

Are you full time stay at home mum?

aps

Hi mummies, for those who r for down to the fair its really small, about 1/4 of an expo hall. The stuff being sold there is not really worth it. If u intend to buy bb clothes I suggest u head to the carters fair at tampines :) bteastpumps r more ex than those sold at mothercare / taka / Robinsons

Hi chocolate07. you can try aloe vera cream for the itch. I had tos moments where it itches like crazy that baby oil doesnt help. I use aloe vera for its cooling feeling. Calamine lotion which was prescibe by Kandang Kerbau Hospital gynea doesnt help at aul...

I usually feel my baby knocking on the stomach wen i sits or felt hungry. A few times he kiks so hard i saw the sudden effect. Assuming at 6th month now, baby is about 30cm long. Imagine a long ruler fitted in your tummy... Heehee...
Currently i can only sleep on my back. Sleepin on my sides seems to put me out of breath n baby moves alot. Im scared i might hurt my spine... >_<*
Tks PuTRi, will try the aloe vera cream, u got any brand to intro? Ya I tried calamine lotion oso no use..I tot baby oil may help..

Wow ur baby is v active, do take care ah, mayb u can try to slp on ur sides at times so tat ur back won't hurt...

you feel smtg inside the womb area? Slowly you feel like mini bouncing feel. It Jz happen within few second. Gradually as your baby grow, you feel different type movement.
Hehe ya I feel something inside my womb, hmm I tink shd b my baby movement..looking forward to stronger kicks and movements :)

Apr gal

Hi mummies, for those who r for down to the fair its really small, about 1/4 of an expo hall. The stuff being sold there is not really worth it. If u intend to buy bb clothes I suggest u head to the carters fair at tampines :) bteastpumps r more ex than those sold at mothercare / taka / Robinsons
So d fair was smtg like end oct also organized by bb expo? Oh no... So disappointing!!! I tot of grabbing everything there tis time! Do u saw any good value items?? I'm looking for bb cot, diapers, cloth diapers, milk btls, sterilizer, etc. Any good deal? Any Avents counter? Tq

Hi Loretta,

currently a full time stay at home mummy... Only intend to go back work force after confinement...
I tried to use a small roller manually massage the back but somehow every morning the aching is back for sure...
My Hb blames me for causing my son sleeping late as I can't sleep in the night... Which I feel guilty too...
Tried lots of ways to cure my insomnia but no effects.. Haix!!!

Congratulations pinkyinbaby.

I also have a toddler age 2years old. But i havent sent him to childcare yet. I experience backache and pelvic pains (butt pain) all the time. hahaha..and having to care for the toddler just makes it not get better. haha.. I also experience insonmia on some nights. I don't know how to deal with insonmia but to just continue to lie in bed and try to sleep, sometimes only after 1 hour then get back to sleep. As for the backaches and pelvic pains, I use a trigger ball and foam roller to help me ease the muscle tension. It helps relieve but will still come back eventually.

Are you full time stay at home mum?

PuTRi

Tks PuTRi, will try the aloe vera cream, u got any brand to intro? Ya I tried calamine lotion oso no use..I tot baby oil may help..

Wow ur baby is v active, do take care ah, mayb u can try to slp on ur sides at times so tat ur back won't hurt...
Brand... Im not sure wat is off the shelf. Im a member wt AMWAY. I love their home & personal care products cause they're organic n gentle for my skin. I try their aloe vera gel. Bought early tis year @ i think $20++ per tube. I think its quite ex cause the tube is quite small... I usually amway shopping like 2x a year. So i throw in anything into the cart for the home delivery service. :p

Im trying another method recommended by other mummies which is swimming so as my body doesnt aches soo much!!! I just had my 1st swim abt 5-5:30pm today. I had both my feet cramped so i hv to cut swimming short. :rolleyes:
Will prolly swim like 2x a week. ;)

Yes. Both my mom & mil says boy are usually very active. :eek:

l0r3tTa

Pinkyinbaby:736495 said:
Hi Loretta,

currently a full time stay at home mummy... Only intend to go back work force after confinement...
I tried to use a small roller manually massage the back but somehow every morning the aching is back for sure...
My Hb blames me for causing my son sleeping late as I can't sleep in the night... Which I feel guilty too...
Tried lots of ways to cure my insomnia but no effects.. Haix!!!
Wow..you are very blessed to be stay at home mum..I would love to be stay at home mum too,cos our kids only are young once. Hmmm..
The aches and pains will surely be with us throughout the pregnancy,so we can only massage to ease the tension to relieve it,then do it again when the aches and pains comes back lor,part of pregnancy sacrifices.haha..

Maybe you can share with ur hubby tt u r experiencing insomnia and probably he could help with putting the boy to sleep. (Just saying)

Jia you!! :)

Wow..you are very blessed to be stay at home mum..I would love to be stay at home mum too,cos our kids only are young once. Hmmm..
The aches and pains will surely be with us throughout the pregnancy,so we can only massage to ease the tension to relieve it,then do it again when the aches and pains comes back lor,part of pregnancy sacrifices.haha..

Maybe you can share with ur hubby tt u r experiencing insomnia and probably he could help with putting the boy to sleep. (Just saying)

Jia you!! :)

Sometimes men find it hard to understand woman... So I rather spend the time to ease my aching and caring for my son...
I only started to be SAHM after I realized my pregnancy... As the 1st trimester was killing me... Unable to work as normal and often have pains around my abdomen area... After 3 months, doctor also told me that my placenta is low.. May have risk of miscarriage... So decided to stay home to take care my son and self till I give birth den plan to go back work force...

Started to miss the time when working alr... But appreciating the moments with my son in another hand...

LYC

So d fair was smtg like end oct also organized by bb expo? Oh no... So disappointing!!! I tot of grabbing everything there tis time! Do u saw any good value items?? I'm looking for bb cot, diapers, cloth diapers, milk btls, sterilizer, etc. Any good deal? Any Avents counter? Tq
Thats disappointing.. Was hoping to get good deals there too. Any mummies been there and seen good deals for strollers?

Apr gal

Thats disappointing.. Was hoping to get good deals there too. Any mummies been there and seen good deals for strollers?

Hi LYC, do u hv any specific brand u looking for? I think now many dept stores having Xmas sale so u can take a look which I find price r better n more choices! I got mine at kiddy palace wif discount. Seems to b d vest deal compared to other places n standalone shops. Advisable to visit marina square branch cos their service us better n I only got to know d discount which informed by d staff, it was not stated there.

If anyone looking for bb cot can take a look at bonbebe promo at taka really worth it but too bad having prob d move d cot from my bedroom to hall dye yo built in wardrobe blocking! N d cot us 30"width!!! Tot of getting my princess a bigger cot so she can sleep n play more comfortable. Unfortunately.... :(

MsSaggi

Carters fair at tampines ? Tell me bout it. Which part of tampines ? ;)

Oh ya! Went to the fair.. & nothing much. Avent promo not that much too. I finished walking the whole fair in about 5 mins only.. hee!