EDD March 2013

babyjade

Dear Neymo!
hi was pretty sick with my Ms lately! overdosed with fast food. puking. sigh*

oh ya if u have a account in facebook. perhaps u can add me as a friend in fb account.
my nick in fb is Bebe Jade.
I use this account to look at prelvoed items, sprees for babies.

^.^

hello babyjade,

Sorry, I can't get what your mean:

Can you add me in my baby account in facebook:
Bebedreamy@gmail.com

Dun mind to enlighten me?? :001_302: thanks ya!!

babyjade

hi dear ! i dont mind hehe. abit shy though hahaha.
i'm very excited! by then we should be around 3mths plus!
my tummy is showing ! i'm so anxious learning about strollers, breast pump etc.
confused at the different brands etc. LOL!

hello babyjade,

thanks for the Dumex info!! Looks interesting to me!! I've signed the seminar with hubby just now.. hehe... probably we could meet up the time :001_302:

NeyMO

Hello baby jade,
Wow... Sounds good to meet ya.. Haha.. I also a bit shy (lol)
Yup, myself will be exact 15 weeks during the Dumex seminar. :Dancing_wub: Just wondering how big is my tummy that time.. No so obvious for my tummy now (10 weeks 5days) so still wearing normal dress until tummy show up.

I got stubborn flu started yesterday after returned from my Perth backpacking trip on Monday. (Sigh).. Now heavily drinking honey water with red dates. God bless so that I could recover faster :nah:

Hi All!

I just went for my appointment today and I am now 7 weeks. I was really happy to see the baby's heartbeat. We will need to take the blood test next month. Doc was asking if I want to take the package to scan for down syndrome. Do you take the scan too?

babyjade

wah neymo mummy u must be very slim hehe.
i'm already showing! only my tummy. whole body not fat.
but tummy bloated and big looks like 3 months.
now i'm coming 10 weeks.
u still went backpacking! omg u are so fit.
i also down with flu but i drank honey etc and plenty of rest! jiayou ganbatte!!!
<3 <3

hi susannation. yes i'm doing the scan for downsyndrome. but there is no package for me to choose le.
just whatever the doc order i just do?

Hello baby jade,
Wow... Sounds good to meet ya.. Haha.. I also a bit shy (lol)
Yup, myself will be exact 15 weeks during the Dumex seminar. :Dancing_wub: Just wondering how big is my tummy that time.. No so obvious for my tummy now (10 weeks 5days) so still wearing normal dress until tummy show up.

I got stubborn flu started yesterday after returned from my Perth backpacking trip on Monday. (Sigh).. Now heavily drinking honey water with red dates. God bless so that I could recover faster :nah:

NikeGoddess

Hi everyone... A newbie to this forum... Actually I'm a hubby here posting on behalf of my wife cos she's seldom online... Or should I say I'm the more excited one...
Anyway, my wife is pregnant now with our 2nd one, edd will be 27 March 2013... Guess what, my first child will be 10 this Oct... We didn't have any family planning.. I believe God knows what's best for us... That's why I guess the anxiety level is much higher this time.
As for gynea, we saw Dr S F Loh from kkh previously.. But he's now at tmc.. So we are in a dilemma now.. Not sure which gynea or which hospital... But as a civil servant, I guess it's money saving to go to kkh... Anyone has any tips or recommendations? My wife prefers a male gynea, n I'm ok with that....
Well, in the mean time, gonna enjoy my wife's pregnancy journey.. So excited to be a daddy again, especially after 10 years...

NeyMO

hello babyjade, getting "rounder" and look more "motherly" according to my husband.. LOL.. hopefully my pregnancy will have a smooth sail through the end regardless of what figure that I am going to be .. :001_302:

Guess preggie mummy easily catch with flu and you also must rest well oh :Dancing_tongue:

Hello Susannation, my down syndrome testing is actually OSCAR scanning (ultrasound + blood test) to calculate a combination of risk of suffering D.syndrome. I actually took a package of OSCAR scanning + 20 weeks of full scanning at TMC. Total cost is around SGD 460++...

Hello NikeGoddess, a first daddy in this thread!! Congratz to you to be daddy again after 10 years!! :001_302: I can't really give any advises in weighing between gynae and hospital but my personal preference is gynae seems to be a crucial key factor for a preggie mummy and the most important thing is really up to your wife choice..

luckymum

Hello everyone! Welcome daddy nikegoddess too!

Omg today the dizzy spell started to hit. I didnt have this for my number one thou. It's really bad I just lift my head and the world is topsy turvy.. I read from the what to expect app that this is due to the widen of blood vessel to send blood to baby, thus reducing blood pressure to mummy and brain. Talk about mummies brain! My forgetful haven improve since number one and I think it's still as bad for number 2! Hehehe..

I went to see my Gynae last wed! And saw baby move to! Baby was waving legs and hands, it's like baby has grown so much in just two weeks, it's amazing! Doc Irene assured again, it's a very strong heartbeat and plenty of space of baby to grow in the water bag! That's why it's always so assuring with doc Irene.

But my hubby got a calling to go back to kkh, so we are keeping our options open. I had set an appointment with doc Goh Shen Li in early sept and see if I'm comfortable with her or not.

luckymum

My tummy had also shown. Can't wear my normal clothes already and brought down all my maternity clothes! I think the mummy skin more elastic after the first stretch! Hehehe..

I hope this time round my weight gain would be low like my number one! Hehehe...

I really enjoyed the detailed scan last time! Cos everything was very clear. Not to be drama, but I had tears cos it was so amazing to see the organs and different body parts of baby! Like in HD! Hehehe.. I think you all will enjoy it too!

Oh yah, anyway thinking what to do with the cord blood? I donated to the public bank for my number one. Think I will do the same for number two.

luckymum

Nikegoddess, you get special savings when you go kkh? I was from a stat board I didn't, but my delivery was only $1250 in cash for single bedded room. Deposit was $2k but we got a refund cheque of $850. This is a public rate, so if you get subsidies I think the cos savings would be even more. Compared to other mummies who were at private hospitals they paid like $2-4k. I didnt go check on medisave portion i think it was the same. This was in 2011. So the cost savings is quite substantial and the service was pretty good. The antenatal charges also included all test that private hospital priced separately. Then they also did renovation for the wards so its very big and nice now! Maybe that's why my hubby told me he had a calling! Hehehe...

My friend was complaining at TMC even the protection sheet on the bed is also chargeable!

I had a female gynae, she was from kkh and opened private clinic at Gleneagles. I really like her alot. I also think most important is whether your wife is comfortable. My hubby said dr wee horng yen is popular at kkh.

NikeGoddess

Thanks everyone for the welcome... It's a great feeling to know that we are gonna be parents again after more than 10 yrs...

Wanna ask... So what kind of test does my wife needs to go through during consultation with the gynea? If not wrong, there's the diabetes test (where u have to drink syrup.. True?)... Oscar (for down syndrome)... N what else? Blood test is it? Blood test for what? Only wife?

Anyone has any experience giving birth at tmc, any gynea to recommend?

Thanks....

Hashbaby

Hi
i am 7 weeks preg.
Consulting Dr Shamini Nair at Raffles Hospital

I am thinking of changing to Dr Goh Shen li in Kk

As raffles is quite expensive
anyone has any reviews on any of these docs

Or can u suggest any good docs

This is my first time

I am quite confused whom to choose.

To all mummies to be!
I just had my 2nd baby, and decided to do confinement tingkat after a horrible cl experience with an agency... Sigh... N found this lady doing confinement tingkat!! Her menu is quite similar to the popular confinement catering companies, but she charges a lower rate! Managed to save a few hundreds... Will look for her if I ever have my 3rd one! heh heh! PM if u want her details!

luckymum

Hi hashbaby! Welcome!

I'm also going to try doc Goh Shen Li.. One of my previous forum mummy had her as Gynae. She is motherly and caring I heard. My cousin who was with Irene Chua is also under Goh Shen Li. But her queue is very long, I called to set appt with private suite need to wait till early sept then got place.

I haven decide yet.. I still like Irene but nv try nv know loh hoh. My hubby was saying cos my preg is very smooth then Gynae only see like 15 times, then if got anything still need to go back KK he feels more comfortable to go back KK. So I also try a new Gynae see if I am comfortable.

Nikegoddess, usually each time see Gynae do routine urine and blood pressure. Then during 5 months do detailed scan, Oscar is optional. Then got do blood test, think husband also got do for thalassemia think got do for STD/HIV also, then near the end got do a swab for the wife for bacteria in vagina in case need antibiotic during birth. Oh yes and the gestational diabetic test that was really yucky.. That's towards the end also. Can remember exact time.. Sorry..

norttigurl

Hi everyone, I am new! My EDD is late March :)

it's my 2nd pregnancy after 6 years. Sadly, i still have MS like my first pregnancy, but coping better i guess. I'm seeing Yvonne Chan from TMC and she's pretty good. Best thing is, waiting time is quite short coz they space the appointments really well. Will be delivering at TMC as well (Yvonne Chan only delivers there anyway)!

My MS was quite bad in the beginning first few weeks... then it got better after i started taking Enervon which Yvonne Chan prescribed me. It's a multi-vit with lots of vit c and b - really a Godsend! Now my nausea is down by about 70%, but i still burp A LOT. It's like, my body cannot accept any amount of gas/air and all must be purged out. it's so yucky! haiz. Anyone can help in the burping problem?

Hi all, my baby is expected to due in march..

when i first had my scan abt 3 weeks ago, my baby was 4 weeks old.. i had a recent scan and baby is already 8 weeks old with heartbeats..

can anyone help me and explain to me why the inaccuracy in terms of baby growing? now my delivery date is earlier than first calcualated.. it's not that i'm worried about the delivery date.. i juz wanna know the correct way to calculate so that i know how many weeks am i in for now..

thanks alot!

l0r3tTa

Hi purpleliciousmummy,

congratulations. the EDD is different when we calculate by using the EDD calculator that uses the last start date of the period. The more accurate EDD would be coming from your gynae when they can measure the size of the baby at 8 weeks or so. My understanding would be because each of us ovulate at different times and it is not always accurate when we count it ourselves using ovulation calculator. So hence the EDD will be different, most accurate is after your gynae measure and they call it dating.

Hope this helps.

Cheers ! :)

Hi all, my baby is expected to due in march..

when i first had my scan abt 3 weeks ago, my baby was 4 weeks old.. i had a recent scan and baby is already 8 weeks old with heartbeats..

can anyone help me and explain to me why the inaccuracy in terms of baby growing? now my delivery date is earlier than first calcualated.. it's not that i'm worried about the delivery date.. i juz wanna know the correct way to calculate so that i know how many weeks am i in for now..

thanks alot!