EDD March 2013

MsSaggi

Hi all, my baby is expected to due in march..

when i first had my scan abt 3 weeks ago, my baby was 4 weeks old.. i had a recent scan and baby is already 8 weeks old with heartbeats..

can anyone help me and explain to me why the inaccuracy in terms of baby growing? now my delivery date is earlier than first calcualated.. it's not that i'm worried about the delivery date.. i juz wanna know the correct way to calculate so that i know how many weeks am i in for now..

thanks alot!
Me too had the same situation during my second check up.. My lil' one is supposingly to be 8weeks based on my first scan but during my second scan, it shows that my lil' one is 9 weeks 1day with a CRL of 23.6mm. Means within 2 weeks, my lil' one grow by 19mm.. And EDD was earlier than the expected..
However my dr said to just follow the later EDD...

Hashbaby

Hey Luckymum
When's your appointment with Dr Goh shen li.
Maybe you can update me on how it goes.

@nortigurl
A friend of mine was with Yvonne Chan.Heard her stitching skills are very good.

Hi Ms Saggi & Loretta,

Thanks alot for your advice.. I guess my 2nd scan was more accurate one.. didnt know my baby grew so fast..
so excited and cant wait to see him/her..

luckymum

Welcome norttigurl and purpleliciousmummy!

I'm going to see doc Goh in 5 sept. And I called to set appointment on 7 aug. Heehe..

I don't really have much gassy issues. Now appetite is still not so good also. I'll try to take more b and c also!

MsSaggi, I find that doc Irene is more conservative in estimation. So she doesn't give false hope. Cos during scan in morning she scanned baby to be 3.6kg then when giving birth was 3.85kg.. But of course scanning is only estimation.. I had a friend doc estimated to be 3.6kg but baby come out 2.3kg only. Super small..
I talked to her during second appointment I think she intentionally burst my water bag one! Hehehe.. Which made my delivery faster also.. I have to thank her for that.. Hehehe..

luckymum

I'm at Robinson private sale!! Ameda lactaline dual breast pump $399-30%-$30 cash voucher!! Works to be $270!! Good deal.. But no bundle as free gift for this..

NikeGoddess

Posting on behalf of wife

Went for our first appt with gynea yesterday.. Dr S F Loh from Thomson Medical Centre (previously from kkh)

Dr did a scan.. He showed us the head n the bum... Hehehe.. Cute la.. N the best part was listening to the baby's heartbeat..

Dr asked if we wanted to do any test eg OSCAR,blood test, etc... We said no need.. We will accept baby no matter what

All in, it was a fruitful trip.. Thankful that all went well, baby is healthy n well too.. Will be seeing Dr again in one month's time..

Anyway, we paid ard $106+ for yesterday's appt, which I think is ok for a private clinic...

Getting pretty excited being a daddy again after 10 years...

norttigurl

Hey Luckymum
When's your appointment with Dr Goh shen li.
Maybe you can update me on how it goes.

@nortigurl
A friend of mine was with Yvonne Chan.Heard her stitching skills are very good.
Yeah I've read abt that in the forums. will be going thru c-section, hope it'll be painless! My previous c-section was like shit. was crying for 3 days in the hospital :(

luckymum

Oh dear. I always admire woman who had been through c sect. Cos the recover is so long and painful yah?

Nortigurl, you have planned for help during confinement period?

ArDz

luckmum, NeyMO, susannanation, babyjade, MsSaggi...

Thks for asking how m i.
Its not that I dun wanna reply earlier, I m just so stressed up.
I lost my baby on 14/08/12, Tuesday.
Scan with no heartbeat.

norttigurl

Oh dear. I always admire woman who had been through c sect. Cos the recover is so long and painful yah?

Nortigurl, you have planned for help during confinement period?
i was fine after 2 weeks. the c-section was painful for me coz i immediately developed a bad cough right after delivery, was coughing very badly...imagine, every cough hurt my wound so badly!

yeah my mum is a babysitter cum confinement lady, so no worries there :)

luckymum

ArDz! I miss you so much.. My boss had a MC sometime last year also. It's important you take care and do proper confinement also yah.

Huggies for you.. It's not easy but life has to go one. Hugs.. You feeling better now?

Maybe your body needs more rest.. so you can have a healthier and bubbler baby! Ok lah, you also have more time for number one as you prepare you body for number two also..

babyjade

Dear ArDz, i'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
Please do take good care of your body, concentrate on recovery...
<3

Thks for asking how m i.
Its not that I dont wanna reply earlier, I m just so stressed up.
Scan with no heartbeat.

babyjade

Wah luckymum. your baby is so active!
must be quite big that's why u can see wave legs and hands?
when is your edd ah? hopefully i can see my bb grow much bigger in ythe next visit :D

Hello everyone! Welcome daddy nikegoddess too!

Omg today the dizzy spell started to hit. I didnt have this for my number one thou. It's really bad I just lift my head and the world is topsy turvy.. I read from the what to expect app that this is due to the widen of blood vessel to send blood to baby, thus reducing blood pressure to mummy and brain. Talk about mummies brain! My forgetful haven improve since number one and I think it's still as bad for number 2! Hehehe..

I went to see my Gynae last wed! And saw baby move to! Baby was waving legs and hands, it's like baby has grown so much in just two weeks, it's amazing! Doc Irene assured again, it's a very strong heartbeat and plenty of space of baby to grow in the water bag! That's why it's always so assuring with doc Irene.

But my hubby got a calling to go back to kkh, so we are keeping our options open. I had set an appointment with doc Goh Shen Li in early sept and see if I'm comfortable with her or not.

babyjade

hi lucky mum. thanks for the info :)
i have not decided on the breast pumps yet.
thought of getting avent philips. i cant differentiate between the pumps and what's suitable for me >.<

I'm at Robinson private sale!! Ameda lactaline dual breast pump $399-30%-$30 cash voucher!! Works to be $270!! Good deal.. But no bundle as free gift for this..

luckymum

The Philips has good manual pump, don't get the electric one.. My friend using the electric one not very successful in breastfeeding..

But if you only getting one pump, get a dual electric one, that can be battery operated so go anywhere also can use. Then can control suction speed and suction power, like Medela freestyle or ameda lactaline. This is important cos when we want to illicit letdown is pump soft and fast, when letdown come, you want strong but slow suction. Imagine the milk duct open and close fast, then milk come out already you wan to draw the milk out by opening it longer and draw out more with more power. This one is taught by lactation consultant and really more efficient. So each time I pump I will get enough milk for 2-3feeds..

luckymum

Ask me! I very kiasu one so during my first one I compare alot of things! Hehehe..
I think our baby grow very fast in two weeks now leh!

NeyMO

Thks for asking how m i.
Its not that I dun wanna reply earlier, I m just so stressed up.
Scan with no heartbeat.
Dear ArDz, missing you so much and great to receive to your news again..

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and please do not feel disheartening. The most important thing is to take a good confinement and healing your body with lot of nutrients.

Huggs...... God Blessed!

NeyMO

The Philips has good manual pump, don't get the electric one.. My friend using the electric one not very successful in breastfeeding..

But if you only getting one pump, get a dual electric one, that can be battery operated so go anywhere also can use. Then can control suction speed and suction power, like Medela freestyle or ameda lactaline. This is important cos when we want to illicit letdown is pump soft and fast, when letdown come, you want strong but slow suction. Imagine the milk duct open and close fast, then milk come out already you wan to draw the milk out by opening it longer and draw out more with more power. This one is taught by lactation consultant and really more efficient. So each time I pump I will get enough milk for 2-3feeds..[/QUOTE

Thanks Luckymum!! So is it better to get Medela freestyle or ameda lactaline? Any particular model of that? Dont mind to share? LOL :001_302:

Hi Mummies

Hi Mummies,

I would like to join in this forum as I be having my 2nd bb , edd 24 March .

Regarding breast pump, I gods received good review of medela freestyle . I have a friend who has been using ameda for a year says that brand is also quite ok. So I guess it depends on how much you would want to spent on breastpumps.
I do have friends who bought 2 pigeon single pump to act as double as they think the pigeon pumps are good n comfortable to use.

Personally, I use medela swing. However, I would suggest mummies to go for dual pump to save time!

Congras all who are first or second time mummies here.