EDD March 2013

smilem

Neymo.. how much u pay for the OSCAR? is it true tat if we register under TMC = FBI , we can get discount on doing oSCAR?

NeyMO

Halo smilem,

My friend signed the FBI that costs $1xx ++. You may need to calculate if it worth it. I've no ideas if OSCAR got discounted rate if possesse this FBI. You may want to check with TMC. keep me posted ya!! : )

norttigurl

I was advised that my OSCAR cost $320 at Thomson. Gynae is Yvonne Chan. Actually, i am only 32 years old this year...is OSCAR really necessary?

My gynae also asked me to do the Thalassemia blood test... but I've asked around my friends, they never even heard of it!

haiz. I don't like needles, should i go for it?

l0r3tTa

Hi norttigurl,

Thalassemia is a blood disorder test that is inherited. The test is to check if you have it. I did it for my first pregnancy, so do not have to repeat it for the 2nd baby. It is really up to you on the tests that you want to undergo, most importantly you and your hubby must agree on it. Hope this helps.

For OSCAR, I also did it for the 1st child, being first time pregnant, so everything also go..hahaha... but 2nd child we decided that we do not need to go for it. I am 26years old. Also to save $$ as it is quite expensive.

All the best! :)

I was advised that my OSCAR cost $320 at Thomson. Gynae is Yvonne Chan. Actually, i am only 32 years old this year...is OSCAR really necessary?

My gynae also asked me to do the Thalassemia blood test... but I've asked around my friends, they never even heard of it!

smilem

hmm.. i also puzzle should i sign up the FBI.. since i alredi decided to give birth at TMC. Coz my Gyane DR KEE (4th floor) cannot go KK... and i personally dun like Alvenia (too quiet)..

any mum=to-be has signed up the FBI @ TMC?

NeyMO

Halo Norttigurl,

Hihi... We do share the same age :001_302: OSCAR is really optional for first trimester. You may or may not go for it. Anyway during the 20 weeks scanning, it would still reveal every single detail of bb including fetal abnormalities. You may want to wait until that time.

I understand the faulty of chromosome had been begun since conceiving and I believe the ealiest the parents know the worst senario the earliest they would be able to do the decision to mitigate the grieve.

My gynae didnt ask me to do Thalassemia blood test.. Do you have any family genetic disorder history? If yes, probably it is a good alternative to look into.

NeyMO

Dear happyqueen and luckymum,

Please keep me posted if there is any Robinson sale. Thanks in advance ya!! :001_302:

Hashbaby

Hi
I lost my baby yesterday
There was just an empty sac but no fetus
So did a procedure yesterday

I just wanted to know that did any of ur gynae request a blood test in early pregnancy

NeyMO

So happy to share with you all...

My OSCAR result is out and the Thomson Medical Centre called me just now to update the result.

My risk ratio is 1:6823 (Boderline is 1:250) :001_302:

l0r3tTa

Hi Hashbaby,

I am really sorry to hear of your loss.

The first blood test that is done was at 12 weeks, it is the usual Antenatal blood test that measure haemoglobin level etc...

Take care and have a good rest.

Hi
I lost my baby yesterday

I just wanted to know that did any of ur gynae request a blood test in early pregnancy

NeyMO

Neymo.. how much u pay for the OSCAR? is it true tat if we register under TMC = FBI , we can get discount on doing oSCAR?
Smilem, forgot to reply your question.. My package is for OSCAR + 20 weeks detailed scanning ($500). The reception told me if only OSCAR (ultrasound) costs $318 but the OSCAR (blood test) cost $55.

NeyMO

Hi
I lost my baby yesterday

So sorry to hear about your loss, Hashbaby... (hugzzz) Please do a good confinement and rest more..

I read the empty sac without fetus article :
"A large empty sac on the scan is a sign of a "blighted ovum", where conception occurred and the fertilised egg implanted in your womb but the baby did not develop. A blighted ovum can happen to anyone. It usually happens accidentally, and most women go on to have a successful pregnancy next time

When an egg is fertilised by a sperm, the cells begin dividing. Some cells develop into the baby, and others develop into the placenta and membranes. Sometimes the part of the fertilised egg that is to become the baby fails, (probably because a mistake has occurred during fertilisation, and there are too many or too few chromosomes) but the part that is to become the placenta and membranes is successful, so the pregnancy sac continues to grow inside the womb, and the placenta starts to form.

Your body doesn’t recognise that there is no baby developing inside the sac, because pregnancy hormones are still being produced which prevent a miscarriage."

NeyMO

Hashbaby, when the pregnancy is unsure at the beginning of the pregnancy, gynae will request blood test to measure the value of beta-hcg and sometimes progesterone. These two hormones are very crucial to monitor the viability of the pregnancy.

For instance, if the beta-hcg levels does not double up within 48-72 hours then probably the pregnancy is not viable and vaginal ultrasound instead of abdominal ultrasound is requested to have more detailed scanning at the beginning of pregnancy.

Anyway, these 2 hormones will doubly increased until 12 weeks and they will decline after that for the endocrine system to re-regulate its system.

Hashbaby

Well I wasn't very happy with my gynae
I mentioned that my symptoms had suddenly disappeared
Leaking fluid
Never had fatigue or nausea
Had a scan at 6 weeks
it wasnt very clear but never told me something could be wrong
N do further blood tests

Infact I was told maybe I am lucky that no symptoms
Never asked to get any blood tests done
At 9 weeks did a vaginal Ultrasound
That's what picked up

Got a D&C procedure

But my gynae attitude was just pathetic.

The way the gynae behaved was unacceptable

Well I am gonna be carefully with picking a gynae next time

I hope u girls can recommend me a good gynae

babyjade

Dear harsh baby.
Yes i lost my first pregnancy in early May 2012. At that time i made my gynae appointment v early. Doc ask me do blood test for 3 days to view my hcg level. I was so confused but then he says there was a drop in my hcg means im expecting a loss soon is the chromosomes. This is a bio chemical pregnancy.

Shortly after i got pregnant soon. Don't be too disheartened. I was very depressed. But keep uourawlf healthy. A loss also requires something like confinement food. Probably eat more tonic to build up your body.
<3

Hashbaby:684763 said:
Hi
I lost my baby yesterday

babyjade

Thanks luckymum for your superb advice.

Will keep a lookout at the pumps too hehe. Happy to hear u don't have uti !
My sis just delivered her baby 2 days ago. Watching her breast feed seems like a tough job >.< hope i can handle my bb well hehe. Based on babybump im 11 weeks day 7 today Haha. Should b able to tell my colleagues in Sep. Ms got abit better lately unless when i overeat i tend to puke .

Office circulating of my pregnancy rumors like wild fire!

Looking at my niece and nephew i can't wait for my bb to grow soon!!

luckymum:684073 said:
Hey
mummies! Yeah I'm out! Wahahaha..
Welcome all new mummies to the thread. I don't think I got UTI, but anyway the antibiotics worked!

I requested for Dr Goh during my stay in KK. She is very nice. So looks set I will change doc and go back to KK. I really love all the nurses and staffs at KK. This two days only reinforced in wanna deliver in KK again! I remember I got alot of support on breastfeeding from everyone there. So I tribute a large part of my breastfeeding success to them.

Neymo, on the whole Medela is a much more well liked brand. But they have different models. Like happyqueen shared, it's good to get a dual pump. So you pump both sides at same time. Usually pump one side the other will leak. Most prob if you get two single pump it's going to cost like a dual pump. And a dual pump can also function as a single pump. Medela is expensive. A Medela freestyle cost maybe $800, but it's really premium and reliable. Ameda lactaline can do exactly what freestyle does and at Robinson sale you can get at $250. So you choose. I choose ameda due to price.

Medela swing is cheaper, but I'm not sure on its function. Whether it can adjust suction speed and suction power. Hmmm..

smilem

Hi Hashbaby..
i'm sorry to hear your loss.. please take care of your health & sure able to get another..
i lost mine in March .. and i preggie again in July. Txs god..

SO you also take good care of yourself and don't street tooo much.. our mood really affect our health.

take care.

smilem

Hashbaby.. which gynae u went to ?

Well I wasn't very happy with my gynae
I mentioned that my symptoms had suddenly disappeared
Leaking fluid
Never had fatigue or nausea
Had a scan at 6 weeks
it wasnt very clear but never told me something could be wrong
N do further blood tests

Infact I was told maybe I am lucky that no symptoms
Never asked to get any blood tests done
At 9 weeks did a vaginal Ultrasound
That's what picked up

Got a D&C procedure

But my gynae attitude was just pathetic.

The way the gynae behaved was unacceptable

Well I am gonna be carefully with picking a gynae next time

I hope u girls can recommend me a good gynae