EDD March 2013

babyjade

Dear neymo and mummies
Robinson is currently have sales 20% off. here's the update of the price i've checked out :
1) Medela Swing Electric bundle set : swing breast pump / ji maxicool / 150 ml bottle x 2 disaposable bra pad
2) Ameda Lactaline : dual breast pump main or battery operated - contains pump dual hygieni kit milk collection system 4oz bottles with locking caps, AC power adaptor - $399 - 20% = $319

I did not purchase anything yet. still have contemplations if i should get Medela PISA. ai.. i forgot to check the pricing when i was there. pls let me know if u know there is any offer for medela pisa! :)

Halo babyjade, I'm not Robinson member as well. So wait for your girls to keep me updated abt the sales as well. LOL

aprilcheong

Hi to all mummy to be... My Edd will be on 19 march 2013... Do you ladies feel tired every now & then? cant really find a good position to sleep & that cause my lower back to ache badly. any remedy to ease the aching back? Btw, can we still go for massage??
Yea I do feel tired alot of the time. I suppose this is pretty common among pregnant ladies. Body ache I think is also quite common. I think not very advisable to go during early pregnancy.. but if you have to go it's better to find masseuse who knows how to handle massage for pregnant women.

aprilcheong

Hi
Were u given pain killers after the procedure
I have just one more days stock
I am wondering if I am in pain after that
As the pain killer given isnt found OTC

I have a very low pain threshold

Send me ur email
I am not sure if I can give the gynae name here
Hi Hashbaby,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss as well. I too had a MC in April this year and had to go for D&C. It was quite upsetting for me so I don't remember all the details of the whole process. I do remember going for the procedure (the anesthetist was nice as she tried to comfort me while I was lying in the OT). My pain threshold is alright and I don't recall taking any painkillers at all after that while resting at home, although I'm sure they must have given me some for standby. I didn't feel any pain except for some slight cramping occasionally. If the painkillers are not available OTC I suppose you need to get more from the gynae..

More importantly, don't give up hope as like my previous gynae said, many women get pregnant again pretty soon after a MC (like months after) so keep trying!

Hasbaby

i did't go thru the cleaning process by doc... it just dropped out and was in pain & bleed for 1 week.. after that i went bk KK to checkup, the doc say no nit medicine nor clean up..
Hi smilem,

For my case earlier this year, I asked my doc if it will drop out by itself as I really didn't want to go for D&C but the doc advised me saying that that may not be the case and if I leave it inside there may be a risk of infection so I had no choice..

Last edited:

l0r3tTa

Hi Claraz,

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Most masseuse will not want to do massage for us during first trimester. So massage could be out of the remedy solution for now. I do lots of stretching of the lower back and also use a foam roller / massage trigger ball to roll out the aching muscles.
Ultimately, we just have to endure thru this process. :)

Hi to all mummy to be... My Edd will be on 19 march 2013... Do you ladies feel tired every now & then? cant really find a good position to sleep & that cause my lower back to ache badly. any remedy to ease the aching back? Btw, can we still go for massage??

ClaraZ

After today's check up . My EDD date change to 15 march ( can be 10 or 13 march too.. bb too hyper so got a abit of problem determine the actual Edd).. Doc say bb very hyper.. Happily waving the hands and legs when doing the scan.. I'm so looking forward to my next appt to see my BB move or even wave at me.. By the way, can you all start to feel your BB movement? I Actually told my hubby yesterday and today morning.. He said I'm over reacting. But after today's scan, I'm soo sure I can feel the tiny little movement when I'm resting... Hehe.

No massage... :( meaning have to endure the aching lower back.. Hopefully my body will get use to it soon.

l0r3tTa:685767 said:
Hi Claraz,

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Most masseuse will not want to do massage for us during first trimester. So massage could be out of the remedy solution for now. I do lots of stretching of the lower back and also use a foam roller / massage trigger ball to roll out the aching muscles.
Ultimately, we just have to endure thru this process. :)

mhjt

I asked my doctor. He said no problem. But the massage therapist that I frequent refused to massage me once I'm pregnant.

DaddyM

Hi there..

i'm new to this forum and a first time dad... we are about to decide w/c gynae to go, our friend has recommended ML yeap from TMC. has anyone been with her before? any comment?

thank you..

smilem

Welcome to the forum :) and share wif us the joy of being daddy :)

Hi there..

i'm new to this forum and a first time dad... we are about to decide w/c gynae to go, our friend has recommended ML yeap from TMC. has anyone been with her before? any comment?

thank you..

*Discount not apply to Medela spare part* Price shown is after discount*Promotion due on 31 Aug 2012

Last edited:

Fizafifi

Hi Everyone

My EDD is on 21/03/2013. Am coming to 11wks now. This is my 2nd pregnancy.
Gave birth to a boy on Jul 2011.

babyjade

congrats to all the new mummies to the forum!

hi mjht: i'm seeing gynae Dr Dev at SGH too. Dr Chua Hong Liang is a very good and patient doctor too :))) !
have u proceed with your oscar?

mummies! i have done my oscar yest and it was really cool to see bb waving hands. was seriously stunned and for a moment... i want to cry. it was just a bean for my prev visit! so far i only see gynae twice. once at 8 weeks and 2nd time at 12 weeks. super save money! lol. cos my consult is only like $70 bucks?

I rushed back to office and announced already becos i couldnt contain my excitment each time i look at the scan pic and i just wanted to show my joy and probably lessen my work load. :D

NT scan was good. measured bb neck thickness is 1.2mm. doc says lower than 2.5mm is a good range. guess i'm in the safe range. they drew like 5 tubes of blood and within 3 days if they dont call me, means i'm good and safe.

next visit is another 1 month's time. oh man. torture wait. haha

ohya mummies. if i'm going for philips right.
would u recommend the dual electric pump? is there any particular model? becos i think for philips i may be can get discount from my friend. but not confirmed.
still pondering between the 3 brands now : 1. medela pisa 2. ameda lacticine 3. philips avent electric pump

mhjt

Hi babyjade: yup done mine. Dr Chua is really patient. I have seen him for the past 3 years for gynae purposes.

I had a bad experience with the blood draw. They had to poke me 5 times and then at the 5th, Dr Chua came to draw for me instead. The nurses poked me at both my arm and once at the back of my hand. This was really painful. My husband was getting angry at the fact that they poked so many time and no blood.

Well, i've worked in the hospital before, I never had issues with blood draw. I think the nurses are just not good at it. The phlebotomists all never had issues with my veins.

babyjade

Omg i don't have this issue with sgh o and g nurses. So far they have been v good. I had your same case before at kk hospital and i was very upset theychabge many nurses to draw my blood after poking many times! Finally after they got my blood
My arm swell to a disgusting big blue black.

U can try request for nurse bebe. I had good exp last visit and i ask for her name bcos i am v afraid of drawing blood and some nurses always complain they can't find my vein! In fact is lack of exp !

mhjt:686322 said:
Hi babyjade: yup done mine. Dr Chua is really patient. I have seen him for the past 3 years for gynae purposes.

I had a bad experience with the blood draw. They had to poke me 5 times and then at the 5th, Dr Chua came to draw for me instead. The nurses poked me at both my arm and once at the back of my hand. This was really painful. My husband was getting angry at the fact that they poked so many time and no blood.

Well, i've worked in the hospital before, I never had issues with blood draw. I think the nurses are just not good at it. The phlebotomists all never had issues with my veins.

smilem

Woa.. need to draw 5 tubes of blood.. eerr.... i also very afraid of drawing blood.. i tense up .

Omg i don't have this issue with sgh o and g nurses. So far they have been v good. I had your same case before at kk hospital and i was very upset theychabge many nurses to draw my blood after poking many times! Finally after they got my blood
My arm swell to a disgusting big blue black.

U can try request for nurse bebe. I had good exp last visit and i ask for her name bcos i am v afraid of drawing blood and some nurses always complain they can't find my vein! In fact is lack of exp !