EDD March 2013

ClaraZ

Neymo mummy... even though I'm in my 2nd trimester.. I still do not have much appetite.. My meals are very small & yet I'm still bloated.. feeling so uncomfortable at times. Hubby have been complaining abt him gaining weight as he have been eating double portion.. Hehe

smilem

Hi Neymo

I checked wif the counter.. my gynae (Dr Kee) is under particpationg doctor. but oli 5% of oscar test.. test is may b $20? my hubby said not worth.. we wont use up the $148... hmm.. i still thinking.. tat y asking around anyone join & wat the benefit?

Morning Smilem, I've had checked with my gynae last sat and he didnt join the FBI program at TMC. So my gynae visit does not entitle with any 10% discount. But this FBI will have other benefits too. You may take the brochure and discuss if this program could benefit you. For my case, after discussing with my hubby, we are not so keen in taking this package since our gynae is opt out from the program. 1 year subscription is $148 and if you think you will be spending > $1500 in TMC then it might be considered.

hi mummies...

i've be going for my 1st trimester test or down-symdrome test this coming friday at thomson.. juz wanna check if anyone here has gone for the test already?

what is it like? any pain?

NeyMO

hello ClaraZ, most of my meals are veggie, fruits, milk and very very little carbohydrate like rice, noodles, bread.. Then it could be the reason why my bloateness is least. Anyway, my gynae advised me to have more brown rice and wholemeal bread instead :001_302:

I still remember my gynae told me an useful phase" Do what you want to do, eat what you want to eat. The bb would feel happy as long as mummy feel happy" :001_302:

babyjade

Hehe neymo u are v healthy. Wish i can eat like u. My constipation seems to get worst and worst. Yest i reach ultimate stage again after eating super spicy hot pot and durian pancake plus bubble tea. I totally puke :((( feel v bad for bb cos my tummy hurts. I started to look pretty chubby now >.<

NeyMO:688104 said:
hello ClaraZ, most of my meals are veggie, fruits, milk and very very little carbohydrate like rice, noodles, bread.. Then it could be the reason why my bloateness is least. Anyway, my gynae advised me to have more brown rice and wholemeal bread instead :001_302:

I still remember my gynae told me an useful phase" Do what you want to do, eat what you want to eat. The bb would feel happy as long as mummy feel happy" :001_302:

babyjade

Mummiessss i also wanna know my bb gender v badly. Hehe @13 weeks now yet im still so fatigue! :( i walk alot everyday due to work and life style.

I went to parents world fair at ezpo on Sat and purchase play pen for bb. I know is super early but met this nice couple there who wanted to buy during closing hr and is also the same design as the one i want.so we gang up n bargain w the salesman and got a good deal l lol. :) my v first big purchase for bb.

NeyMO

Hello Babyjade,

Haha....because I am lacto-ovo-vegetarian. :001_302: I don't eat meat actually (not religious reason but just want to have healthier life style although I believe in Karma).. My hubby had actually the worried about my nutrition during my pregnancy and he even seek advices from my gynae during the first visit. My gynae said there are a lot of veggie mummies who had given birth to a very healthier babies nowadays since the a lot of food especially organic veggie & fruits are good for bb.

I also reduce my spice food intake as I could feel the "stomach burn" after that :embarrassed: Worry my bb couldn't take it... Babyjade, i read an article and it had mentioned it is good don't eat the pearls in bubble tea often caused it contains some chemicals which are able to cause constipation and bloateness.. Just a sharing ya :001_302:

NeyMO

Mummiessss i also wanna know my bb gender v badly. Hehe @13 weeks now yet im still so fatigue! :( i walk alot everyday due to work and life style.

I went to parents world fair at ezpo on Sat and purchase play pen for bb. I know is super early but met this nice couple there who wanted to buy during closing hr and is also the same design as the one i want.so we gang up n bargain w the salesman and got a good deal l lol. :) my v first big purchase for bb.
Haha.. so babyjade, any gender preference? :001_302: I had bet with hubby before that I love daughter so much while he likes son. Anyway he won :001_302: But eventually healthy is more important than gender, right?

Me too, I walk a lot everyday.. But I normally will turn in to sleep 10++ pm everynight..

Wow... good to have early shopping especially sales...

Will you be going to this coming Sunday Dumex parenting seminar? :001_302:

I missed the parents world & Robinson sale :(
robinsons sale will be on for quite a while..

as for baby fairs.. dun worry.. there will always be baby fair from time to time..
dun buy too early.. alot of pantang.. i think it's better to believe than to have things happen..

NeyMO

oh it's called OSCAR? do you have any idea how it's like? i heard of poking needles thru belly button to draw liquid from waterbag.. is it true?
hello purppleliciousmummy, I done my OSCAR scanning 2 weeks ago at Thomson. It is just a simple test - ultrasound scanning (to measure bb neck fluid thickness) and blood test (b-hcg and PPAP-A).

So by having these two testings plus your age, there will be an adjusted risk be calculated. You will be a safe net if your ratio is >1:300. I able to get my result within 3 days by phone call. :001_302:

If you are at the high risk (< 1:300) then your gynae will check with you either you want go for more invasive test (amniocentensis) - that is the method your describe - needle poke through tummy and get fluid..

babyjade

Yes yes. Hubby wants boy boy first choice. But he's ok w girl. I don't know leh. I think girl girl can buy alot things for her. Haha no matter is boy or girl i also v happy hehe :D
We keep discussing whether bb will look like who. Haha.

Yup yup c u Sunday for the seminar :)

Smile: actually nothing much during e fair. I just went to see see look look do research. Haha im so obsessed w bb stuff lo. Went to chsxk out breast pump pricing. Everything is $$$$$

milyve

Hi ArDz,

Totally understand how you feel cos I been thru that as well. I got serious bleeding at 6 wks. Immediately admitted to Mt A. Lucky there's baby beat. I was ordered by my gyn to be be bed bound in hospital. Was only able to discharge after 6 days when Was bed bound to rest at home for a mth.

Now just passed 12wks. Just hoping the little one continue to grow strong

cagnes

Yes neymo, u r healthy lea.. I'm still v tempted to eat junk food but trying to stop myself .. I can't take sour or acidic food or I feel like hell with the super bad gastric..

hello purppleliciousmummy, I done my OSCAR scanning 2 weeks ago at Thomson. It is just a simple test - ultrasound scanning (to measure bb neck fluid thickness) and blood test (b-hcg and PPAP-A).

So by having these two testings plus your age, there will be an adjusted risk be calculated. You will be a safe net if your ratio is >1:300. I able to get my result within 3 days by phone call. :001_302:

If you are at the high risk (< 1:300) then your gynae will check with you either you want go for more invasive test (amniocentensis) - that is the method your describe - needle poke through tummy and get fluid..
oh.. at least i know what to prepare for.. i think given my age, shouldnt be a problem..
hope all turns out fine.. =)