EDD March 2013

NeyMO

My hubby and I went to Vivocity last night. When we were at Mothercare and another nursery shop we were pretty amazed of so much of bb stuffs nowadays and we had no ideas what are the things that we should get or not..

My hubby's brother will be passing us a lot of bb stuff since the couple decided to "close factory" after having a adorable son and daughter. We are pretty lucky in that sense cos could save up a lot of $$. Anyway, we will still buy those necessary stuffs but not very sure about that.

Does any second time mother able to enlighten me (FTM) in the shopping list for bb stuff? :001_302:

Thank you so much in advance!!

l0r3tTa

Hi Neymo,

What are the stuff that your brother in law will pass to you? Then maybe from there you can have your list of things to buy.
-Loretta :)

My hubby and I went to Vivocity last night. When we were at Mothercare and another nursery shop we were pretty amazed of so much of bb stuffs nowadays and we had no ideas what are the things that we should get or not..

My hubby's brother will be passing us a lot of bb stuff since the couple decided to "close factory" after having a adorable son and daughter. We are pretty lucky in that sense cos could save up a lot of $$. Anyway, we will still buy those necessary stuffs but not very sure about that.

Does any second time mother able to enlighten me (FTM) in the shopping list for bb stuff? :001_302:

Thank you so much in advance!!

NeyMO

Hello l0r3tTa,

They will be passing us stroller, baby cot, breast pump, baby clothes. More or less like this... Havent seen them yet as I wanna to move over during year end, no so hurry since my due will be end of Feb...:001_302:

Nowadays too many of bb stuff that so attempted to buy.. LOL.. Last night I saw a superb cute hair band and wanna buy it but my hubby reminded me "Baby, our little precious is Ah BOY, so don't buy girl girl stuff for him" :001_302: Soooo sweet of having such memorable time during pregnancy...

NeyMO

Hello mummies,

Who will be going the Dumex seminar this coming Sunday (1-5pm) at one Raffles centre? Wanna meet up and chit chit and chat chat? :001_302:

babyjade

Me and claraz will b going. :)
Pm u soon maybe we talk through whatsap :)

NeyMO:689457 said:
Hello mummies,

Who will be going the Dumex seminar this coming Sunday (1-5pm) at one Raffles centre? Wanna meet up and chit chit and chat chat? :001_302:

Apr gal

U r so lucky!!! I went for gynae check up on w14 too but not able to c cos bb legs blocking. N my next appt is only on w20 which is oct 11!!! Really excited n can't wait!!! I think d first thing I will do after d scan in oct 11 is go out n buy my bb a pink or blue bb wear!!!

Btw my edd is very close to yrs feb 26. Hv not buy anything yet cos a little superstitious. Mayb will do some survey n price checking first. :)

Just done with my Gynae visit this morning. My lit previous one was moving actively inside womb, like playing roller coster :Dancing_tongue:

And it is true, Gynae able to tell the gender for 14weeks fetus. My Gynae showed my hubby and I a distinguish "stick out stuff" (shy) and said "See.. He is a active BOY". We are over the moon today :001_302:

Anyway, my EDD is estimated to be slightly one week earlier based on the CRL - 24 Feb 2012 .

Apr gal

I oso did my Oscar at Thomson, in d morning session so bb was quite co operative. D whole process was smooth n fast n bb sommersault, suck thumb n oso kiao ka pose. Really cute n regret not taking any snapshot or video!

Hi NeyMo mummy... I did my Oscar test at Thomson Medical. The whole process took quite long as 1st half bb was pretty fusion doing what was required but 2nd half bb went to zzzz mood. Hence I have to walk for 30mins just to wake bb up. The very last scan they did BB was doing the kiao ka pose like a boss .. cant wait for next mth's appt. Hopefully will know the gender by then and start shopping! :D

NeyMO

hello Apr gal,

wow.... we do share the very close EDD date :001_302: And my W20 scanning will be one day later than yours, Oct 12.. LOL

Have you signed up any pre-natal course at Thomson?

NeyMO

Dear mummies..

Just read other threads and found they do have a Gender Score Board!! Sounds interesting!!
:tlaugh:
Perhaps we could have this commence next Month when most mummies discover their lit precious gender after that?

Apr gal

NeyMo

Mine is in Thomson Medicial Centre, how about yours? OSCAR + 20weeks detailed scanning = $500 that much cheaper than mine..
20 weeks package still excluded.. just OSCAR = $400++
Each time see gynae cost $170 - $200++
Hi, just out of curiosity, I oso had my Oscar at Thomson. Mine is a package for Oscar + FA (20w scan) cost around 450-460 if I'm not wrong, after FBI discount is 430+

Apr gal

hello Apr gal,

wow.... we do share the very close EDD date :001_302: And my W20 scanning will be one day later than yours, Oct 12.. LOL

Hmmm.. Hv not tot of signing for tis, unless for d hubby sake Cos I find a bit irrelevant. It shd b about taking care of baby n how to breathe during delivery rite? Actually I plan to hv C section n I had exp taking care of my sis many many yrs back. Haha... Hope I can still hv those skills.

Or mayb I'm wrong bout tis classes? Anyone attended b4? How do u find it?

Anyone did any hospital tour d? Planning to do so but hubby said no hurry cos my gynae only delivers in thomson.

Last edited:

Apr gal

I begin to hv stomach cramp last week n gynae said it's normal. Can't hv fast movement else d cramp feeling will b there ESP when turning to get up from bed. Anyone exp d same?

Apr gal

Dear mummies..

Just read other threads and found they do have a Gender Score Board!! Sounds interesting!!
:tlaugh:
Perhaps we could have this commence next Month when most mummies discover their lit precious gender after that?
Mayb we shd start off wif a scoreboard on our edd first? :)

Mine- 26 feb, gender still unknown

Apr gal

hmm.. i also puzzle should i sign up the FBI.. since i alredi decided to give birth at TMC. Coz my Gyane DR KEE (4th floor) cannot go KK... and i personally dun like Alvenia (too quiet)..

any mum=to-be has signed up the FBI @ TMC?
Hi I sign up d FBI as it provides free entrance to a seminar which we wanted to attend. After calculating d cost I think it's quite worth it $148. N I d saved $20+ for d seminar. At tat time d web said there r 10% for scan n other stuff at TMC. However when I paid my Oscar d cashier told ne they revised to 5% d. Anyway I'm gg to deliver in Thomson n I think mayb tis will b useful in d future too cos d membership lasts 2yrs

l0r3tTa

Hello, I attended a pre natal course at Mt Alvernia 2 years ago when expecting my first one. They thought us from nutrition to delivery. Some exercises that we can do to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles etc...
How to bathe, change cloth nappy and handle the infant..show video on delivery and epidural..
Of cos breathing and relaxation techniques that we might be able to use during labour.

My personal opinion would be for ftm to attend with hubby. Partly to prepare ur hubby mentally. However, if u could just gather informations online, can also share it tt way with hubby.

Hope this helps :)

Apr gal:690471 said:
hello Apr gal,

Hmmm.. Hv not tot of signing for tis, unless for d hubby sake Cos I find a bit irrelevant. It shd b about taking care of baby n how to breathe during delivery rite? Actually I plan to hv C section n I had exp taking care of my sis many many yrs back. Haha... Hope I can still hv those skills.

Or mayb I'm wrong bout tis classes? Anyone attended b4? How do u find it?

Anyone did any hospital tour d? Planning to do so but hubby said no hurry cos my gynae only delivers in thomson.

Apr gal

To all mummies to be!
I just had my 2nd baby, and decided to do confinement tingkat after a horrible cl experience with an agency... Sigh... N found this lady doing confinement tingkat!! Her menu is quite similar to the popular confinement catering companies, but she charges a lower rate! Managed to save a few hundreds... Will look for her if I ever have my 3rd one! heh heh! PM if u want her details!
Hi, can u share wif us yr bad exp wif CL? I heard of so many horrible stories n still wondering wat shd b my plan. ESP my edd is end feb and afraid it might move earlier to cny period. Hv u tried d confinement food so far? Do they hv diff food for natural birth n C section mum? If possible can u share her dtls or any food menu? Thanks.

Apr gal

Hi, I was wondering on d efficiency if Philips pump. Does it means tat their manual ones r ok but not really on d electric pump? How do we make comparison on d electric pump? Dun find d specs on boxes. As for manual pump, do u mean we can actually use 2 manual pump at one go?

I'm trying to do survey on pumps now cos dunno which to get. And afraid no milk then d pump would b Like wasted. N Nedwla seems very exp! Is there any equally good brand at lower price?

The Philips has good manual pump, don't get the electric one.. My friend using the electric one not very successful in breastfeeding..

But if you only getting one pump, get a dual electric one, that can be battery operated so go anywhere also can use. Then can control suction speed and suction power, like Medela freestyle or ameda lactaline. This is important cos when we want to illicit letdown is pump soft and fast, when letdown come, you want strong but slow suction. Imagine the milk duct open and close fast, then milk come out already you wan to draw the milk out by opening it longer and draw out more with more power. This one is taught by lactation consultant and really more efficient. So each time I pump I will get enough milk for 2-3feeds..[/QUOTE

Thanks Luckymum!! So is it better to get Medela freestyle or ameda lactaline? Any particular model of that? Dont mind to share? LOL :001_302: