EDD March 2013

Hi, so far per reading info gathered Avent is popular for its manual pump. N Medela for its electric pump. But lots comment at Medela is open circuit n Ameda is closed circuit. So it all depends wat u looking at.
thanks alot for your feedback..

i think i'll be getting avant electric pump.. cuz i like the rubber padding and and the suction seems to be stronger than medela even when the suction level is very high..

Hi ladies, I got the bonbebe rocio cot but from Thomson medical centre parentcraft shop, photo attached. You might want to see if u prefer the freebies there or taka. :) don't get the bonbebe cot from baby hypermart (or is it kingdom?) as it has less freebies. Price wise its the same. Cheers~
hello aps mummy,

cant really see the freebies, able to help us elaborate a little?

aps

Apr gal:738461 said:
Hi ladies, I got the bonbebe rocio cot but from Thomson medical centre parentcraft shop, photo attached. You might want to see if you prefer the freebies there or taka. :) dont't get the bonbebe cot from baby hypermart (or is it kingdom?) as it has less freebies. Price wise its the same. Cheers~
Happy for u for getting d rocio set. Btw TMC having any promo for "baby one" cot?
TMC only selling the bonbebe rocio cot. Did not see any other cot...:)

aps

purpleliciousmummy:738796 said:
Hi ladies, I got the bonbebe rocio cot but from Thomson medical centre parentcraft shop, photo attached. You might want to see if u prefer the freebies there or taka. :) don't get the bonbebe cot from baby hypermart (or is it kingdom?) as it has less freebies. Price wise its the same. Cheers~
hello aps mummy,

cant really see the freebies, able to help us elaborate a little?
Hi, It's 3" fibrelux mattress, munchkin diaper organiser, 5pc bedding set and bebitza cotton jersey nursing cover :)

mamasesame

thanks alot for your feedback..

i think i'll be getting avant electric pump.. cuz i like the rubber padding and and the suction seems to be stronger than medela even when the suction level is very high..

I like the rubber padding too. But saw the weight of the medela freestyle to be lighter than the avent dual electric pump. plus the avent one must connect to electrical source no battery pack right?

Of course the freestyle more ex at $699. I found out used to have sprees but now can't find :(

nyukmooy

Hi nyukmooy,

I'll try to go swim once a week as now the weather is rainy season so might be a little tough... Wasn't into yoga b4 preggy but now everything also will try...

Thanks for the tips!!! :)
Hi Pinkyinbaby, Did you go to library to borrow pre-natal yoga disc? Did you try?

l0r3tTa

Congrates, Ior3tTa!! Your baby is older my baby one week. I will be seeing my gynae next weekend.

Thank you nyukmooy..
Though its my 2nd baby, its also very exciting to see him...and with all the enthusiasm from the rest of you here, it makes me more exciting. hee hee.. :001_302:

l0r3tTa

Heyy mummies,

I actually have a few pieces of maternity swimsuit and I am only using 1 piece. It was a gift from my previous workplace boss.
If you want, I can lend you the piece. Let me take a picture tonight and post it up. I can mail it to you, shouldnt be too expensive to mail since its very light weight.

Cheers!

Meijichoc

Dear mummies,

I will be going down to robinsons later to see if I can get the breast pump and snuggle nest and playpen.

Btw I saw isetan having private sale today till 11pm! I hope can find some gd buys!

Chewysee

Hi Mummies sorry to interrupt.

I have a few packs of huggies and pampers diapers to sell.

Huggies;

Newborn size (up to 4kg)
8 packets
24 pieces in each packet
7 packets unopened 1 packet opened

I apologize the opened packet as my mum thought it was a 5-10kg diaper until she open the packet.
But all 24 pieces are still inside.

Letting go at $5 per pack.

Pamers;

Small size (3-8kg) up to 12 hours of dryness
2 packets
48 pieces in each packet
Both packs unopened

Letting go at $16 per pack

Price negotiable. I can deliver it to you if you stay at yishun or khatib.
Please PM me incase i do not see your reply. Thank you!

I also have a set of single electric breast pump. Very new.

Last edited:
hi mummies,

i just bought the rocio baby cot from taka last friday.. seems to be a really good deal.. however, delivery can only be on next yr.. and with limited delivery slots left.. those mummies who wanna order the cot, have to be quick...

i have a question to ask, is it true that most first-time mummy will deliver at least 2 weeks before EDD? i am contemplating if i should take 1 or 2 weeks leave before my EDD...

l0r3tTa

purpleliciousmummy:739779 said:
hi mummies,
i have a question to ask, is it true that most first-time mummy will deliver at least 2 weeks before EDD? i am contemplating if i should take 1 or 2 weeks leave before my EDD...
Hi purpleliciousmummy,
According to my own reading and understanding as well as explanations from gynae, the time for first time mummy to deliver will depend very much on ones own body and the rate that the baby will descend as well as your cervix soften and dilates.
My first boy was delivered 1.5weeks prior to due date as he was getting slightly big at 3.2kg hence I opt for induce labor.
I have come across 2 of my friends who are first time mummies have overdue babies. So it really depends.. you could probably discuss with your gynae about this. He/she will be the best person to advice u since he/she is the one monitoring your pregnancy journey.

Hope this helps.
:eek:

PuTRi

I got abt 4 new bras wt no underwire... I just buy it at CK Dept as its cheap n i assume i be only wearing tis bra during pregnancy only n my body may shrink back after birth... ;)

Hi nyukmooy,

i went to those small library ended up not valid there... Gonna check out those big library and see whether got lucky to rent the yoga disc...
If I manage to get it, will update here again... :)

Hi Pinkyinbaby, Did you go to library to borrow pre-natal yoga disc? Did you try?

mhjt

Hi ladies

I just bought breastfeed bra at marina square, mothercare. They having discount, 30%only this two days.
I was just there also last weekend, but the lady didn't recommend that I purchase any nursing bras for now, and recommended only to go when 2 weeks before delivery. as the size may change and may not be suitable...

nyukmooy

I was just there also last weekend, but the lady didn't recommend that I purchase any nursing bras for now, and recommended only to go when 2 weeks before delivery. as the size may change and may not be suitable...
Hi mhjt,
The staff there recommended me to buy a size which I can put my hand- in space. So I bought it since have 50% discount. Worth to buy it. Now, my baby already hit 7 mths plus.