EDD March 2013

l0r3tTa

happyqueen:757378 said:
Congrats ! Happy for you! Hope u manage well during your confinement.

Can you share how u manage to tolerate without using epidural?

I was induced for first kid but frantically asking for Epi after 2-3 hours cos I cannot tolerate the pain.
Hi Happyqueen,

I would be happy to share.

First of all, I have made up my mind to go without epi for the first baby and now for the second baby too. To me, I would love to experience as much as I can with childbirth. So for the first baby, with induced, I used the gas mask and also the pethidine cos with gas mask I couldn't tolerate the contractions as well and was dilating slowly.
For second baby, I told myself that I would love a natural labour with minimal drug..the nurse keep asking if I wanted the jab again and I was very hesitant so I took the gas mask. And it helped cos it made me so high and I just had to breathe it in whenever contractions come. And for second baby,the dilation process was faster. So just the gas mask helped me. And at the same time, though feeling high, I could feel each contraction and could also hear the instructions from the midwives, so it was an awesome experience altogether that I could deliver the boy. And the tear was a small one according to my gynae, and all thanks to the midwives instructions,cos they keep asking me to breathe in and out,and not hold my breathe otherwise it will tear, so when I hear that, I managed to control with the breathing with each contractions.

Oh yes, I had the gas mask and of cos I held onto my husband's hand and each contraction I squeezed it really hard. Hee :) he was a great supporter.

For me, with each contraction, I visualize that my baby is making his way down. So that helped too..

:)

mamasesame

Hi Happyqueen,

First of all, I have made up my mind to go without epi for the first baby and now for the second baby too. To me, I would love to experience as much as I can with childbirth. So for the first baby, with induced, I used the gas mask and also the pethidine cos with gas mask I couldn't tolerate the contractions as well and was dilating slowly.
For second baby, I told myself that I would love a natural labour with minimal drug..the nurse keep asking if I wanted the jab again and I was very hesitant so I took the gas mask. And it helped cos it made me so high and I just had to breathe it in whenever contractions come. And for second baby,the dilation process was faster. So just the gas mask helped me. And at the same time, though feeling high, I could feel each contraction and could also hear the instructions from the midwives, so it was an awesome experience altogether that I could deliver the boy. And the tear was a small one according to my gynae, and all thanks to the midwives instructions,cos they keep asking me to breathe in and out,and not hold my breathe otherwise it will tear, so when I hear that, I managed to control with the breathing with each contractions.

Oh yes, I had the gas mask and of cos I held onto my husband's hand and each contraction I squeezed it really hard. Hee :) he was a great supporter.

For me, with each contraction, I visualize that my baby is making his way down. So that helped too..

Hi Loretta! So glad to hear the news! Congrats!! U r one strong mummy :))

guess I won't be able to bump into u at Mt A! Haha

Thanks for sharing Loretta !

You really have a great experience !

I shall try your method for my 2nd child too ! Hope at least i can tolerate.

Btw, you have high pain thresholds?

NeyMO

Hello Loretta,

You are indeed a brave mummy!! Have a good confinement month!!

I hope my delivery could be as smooth as you! Anyway, I think I would opt for epidural due to my low pain threhold :embarrassed: Lets see how the thing goes!

This week will be my 38weeks and I feel so fatigue cos my baby bump getting bigger - I guess most probably 3.2-3.4kg over the past 2 weeks. Will be seeing my gynae this Sat.

So far no yet any symptoms that bb wanna to come out although I hope he could come out tomorrow - Valentine Day as my little lover :001_302:

l0r3tTa

happyqueen:757536 said:
Thanks for sharing Loretta !

You really have a great experience !

I shall try your method for my 2nd child too ! Hope at least i can tolerate.

Btw, you have high pain thresholds?
I could say I have high pain threshold ba. :) strong willed with determination to tolerate the pain.

Wow salute mummy Loretta!

Paiseh one more question to ask is how is the place at Mount A? I heard is very noisy now due to renovation.

Is that true n actually noise is minimal when you are at the ward?

nyukmooy

I have that strange sensation too.. But what makes my sleep unrested is the pain at my hip area :( Need to flip from side to side every few hr each night. Any mummies feel the pain too?
Hi LYC
Your hip area pain are you refering in between your tight and tummy area? If yes, I also feel pain when i walk but, not everyday. Nowadays, i could not sleep side way.
My baby will kick me if i sleep side way.

Sometime, i feel my private place pain...the feeling like when having period heavily. Do any momies have such feeling? Is it normal?

nyukmooy

wow..

Smilem and luckymum, I also get up at about 2+ religiously every night to pee..hahaha..but I always have to force myself to get back to sleep, sometimes take an hour to go back to sleep...cos the next day have to work..otherwise really zombie..hahaha..

mhjt baby's head is already engaged..wow...for first time mums it usually occurs few weeks before baby come out. For 2nd time mums onwards, baby head really engage when we are in labour.. that's what my gynae mentioned to me.

Went for my 36+ weeks check yesterday, baby is at 2.89kg, gynae asked me to go easy on the CNY goodies..hahaha..I gained a total of 13kg so far..this weekend I will be 37 weeks, so anytime from CNY day 1 onwards..hahaha..I'm experiencing braxton hicks pretty frequent..so really just monitoring them..haha.. Should be a FEB baby le ba..haha..
Hi Ior3tta mummy
What is braxton hicks? When I baby move, my tummy will tends to be very hard...is it consider braxton hicks?

nyukmooy

I gave birth le...

Last night about 9ish my water bag leaked. So have to go hospital and was admitted. They insert the pill at about 1am to induce the labour cos waterbag broke. So at about 3ish, contractions were at about 5-7mins apart, I used the gas mask and it speed up so quickly that I became too high..and too soon, the baby was out at 5.18am @ 2.84kg.
Jia you to the rest of u.. :)
Hi Ior3tta,
Congrats, Ior3tTa mummy...so happy for you :)

nyukmooy

Hi Happyqueen,

Thank you for sharing, I0r3tTa.
You are really brave!! Deliver your baby without using epidural. This is my first pregnancy. I have no idea the labour pain. MOst likely i will be using epidural.

You take care, I0r3tta!! This week will be my 36 weeks of pregnancy. I have no idea when i baby will come out to see me.

l0r3tTa

happyqueen:757641 said:
Wow salute mummy Loretta!

Paiseh one more question to ask is how is the place at Mount A? I heard is very noisy now due to renovation.

Is that true n actually noise is minimal when you are at the ward?
Honestly I can't answer tt. Cos it was cny eve and cny day 1 when I was at the hospital. So probably no renovations gg on as well.. Heee..

l0r3tTa

NeyMO:757547 said:
Hello Loretta,

You are indeed a brave mummy!! Have a good confinement month!!

I hope my delivery could be as smooth as you! Anyway, I think I would opt for epidural due to my low pain threhold :embarrassed: Lets see how the thing goes!

This week will be my 38weeks and I feel so fatigue cos my baby bump getting bigger - I guess most probably 3.2-3.4kg over the past 2 weeks. Will be seeing my gynae this Sat.

So far no yet any symptoms that bb wanna to come out although I hope he could come out tomorrow - Valentine Day as my little lover :001_302:
Hi Neymo,
Decide on the type of pain relief methods early. Cos when the contractions come so frequently and intensely, I'm not sure how you will be able to keep still for the Dr to jab epidural. You can put the pain relief methods in order such as gas mask first, then if no effect, then use the pethidine jab on the thigh, then lastly epidural. Or it can be when you admit hospital, first thing u get done is the epidural.

Depends on you.

Jia you!!

l0r3tTa

nyukmooy:757775 said:
wow..

Smilem and luckymum, I also get up at about 2+ religiously every night to pee..hahaha..but I always have to force myself to get back to sleep, sometimes take an hour to go back to sleep...cos the next day have to work..otherwise really zombie..hahaha..

mhjt baby's head is already engaged..wow...for first time mums it usually occurs few weeks before baby come out. For 2nd time mums onwards, baby head really engage when we are in labour.. that's what my gynae mentioned to me.

Went for my 36+ weeks check yesterday, baby is at 2.89kg, gynae asked me to go easy on the CNY goodies..hahaha..I gained a total of 13kg so far..this weekend I will be 37 weeks, so anytime from CNY day 1 onwards..hahaha..I'm experiencing braxton hicks pretty frequent..so really just monitoring them..haha.. Should be a FEB baby le ba..haha..
Hi Ior3tta mummy
What is braxton hicks? When I baby move, my tummy will tends to be very hard...is it consider braxton hicks?
Hi nyukmooy,

Braxton hicks feels like your entire tummy tightens, it feels hard when u touch. But it last less than 30seconds. And it happens like a few times in a day only.. It occurs not necessarily when baby is moving.

Meijichoc

I gave birth le...

Last night about 9ish my water bag leaked. So have to go hospital and was admitted. They insert the pill at about 1am to induce the labour cos waterbag broke. So at about 3ish, contractions were at about 5-7mins apart, I used the gas mask and it speed up so quickly that I became too high..and too soon, the baby was out at 5.18am @ 2.84kg.

Jia you to the rest of u.. :)
Congrats l0r3tTa!

luckymum

Congratulations lor3tta!! Well done!! Claps claps claps! I wanna persevere like you too! Hi5!! I agree it's all in the mind. Cos during my number one I just told myself what I am experiencing only brings me closer to baby. So I was looking forward to the contractions! Then again o took supplements on the sly to facilitate the process without telling doc lah.. Hehehe.. Abit Siao but the feeling after that is amazing!

I just went for Gynae check, now bb is 3.2kg and I am 1.5cm dilated already! So most prob will deliver in late feb too!

Better go prepare my stuffs I haven done anything at all!! Hehehe..

nyukmooy

Hi nyukmooy,

Braxton hicks feels like your entire tummy tightens, it feels hard when u touch. But it last less than 30seconds. And it happens like a few times in a day only.. It occurs not necessarily when baby is moving.
Hi Ior3tta mummy
I experience braxton hicks today. My whole tummy very hard/tightens. I feel breathless....thanks for the info :)