EDD March 2013

Dear Princess CC, wow it seems that it's anytime soon right? I am amazed you are still thinking of the baby fair. Lol. I am surprised that even though you are dilated, you still gotta wait for more signs. Definitely making me nervous cos I am 35 weeks and having slight cramps that resemble menstrual cramps. I still drive to work.. So when do we stop driving? My gynae also passed me the envelope for admission just in case the 3 signs appear. As I am a first time mum I really don't know what will happen next. Lol. Update us on your progress! I am excited for you.
Dear Loreta and mhjt,
Thank you for setting a goal to go natural AND YES! You boost my confidence to do so.
kudos to the encouragement.

Dear mummies n mum to be,

I m getting anxious n suddenly feel unprepared - as the doctor keep saying I will definitely be
delivering on my EDD 8/9 March... But went for my 37 weeks checkup yesterday morning I m already 1.5cm dilated.
Gyn says its my first pregnancy, so active labour is unpredictable may be in 10 hours time,few days, a week (I choose not to admit as GYN mention
that that may be false alarm.

Signs to look out for
1) contractions of 1 per every 15 mins regular,
2) show (mucous plug) but not necessary to admit first - but must inform GYN (still need to depend on Sign 1)
3) water bag burst (confirm must admit - hv a quick shower first!)

....hopefully I still can go to the babycare festival on the 22 Feb in expo. Anyone going?

So mummies out there, you may want to let your GYN know your regularity of your contractions
(mine was every 2 hours - 15 to 30 mins per session , and realize that the tummy gets very tight and she seems to be kicking me harder. request GYN to check your dilation.
it was a bit drama for me - as I was in so much pain that i forgotten how to parallel park n need to ask for help.
Can't focus n think of where the valet is. GYN has gave me a firm advise - NO MORE DRIVING!!!!

I have high pain threshold but the contractions seems so different.
I did the Pant Pant Blow breathing technique and sit and lean forward
to survive the driving journey.

smilem

Hi Princess CC

I will be going to the BB Fair. Lot of things ve not buy = pacifier / baby toiletries & etc. Even towel...lolz... look forward to the last min shopping.

21 Feb , the cot will deliver to my house.. now i getting the BABY MOOD..hahaha..

Dear Loreta and mhjt,
Thank you for setting a goal to go natural AND YES! You boost my confidence to do so.
kudos to the encouragement.

Dear mummies n mum to be,

I m getting anxious n suddenly feel unprepared - as the doctor keep saying I will definitely be
delivering on my EDD 8/9 March... But went for my 37 weeks checkup yesterday morning I m already 1.5cm dilated.
Gyn says its my first pregnancy, so active labour is unpredictable may be in 10 hours time,few days, a week (I choose not to admit as GYN mention
that that may be false alarm.

Signs to look out for
1) contractions of 1 per every 15 mins regular,
2) show (mucous plug) but not necessary to admit first - but must inform GYN (still need to depend on Sign 1)
3) water bag burst (confirm must admit - hv a quick shower first!)

....hopefully I still can go to the babycare festival on the 22 Feb in expo. Anyone going?

So mummies out there, you may want to let your GYN know your regularity of your contractions
(mine was every 2 hours - 15 to 30 mins per session , and realize that the tummy gets very tight and she seems to be kicking me harder. request GYN to check your dilation.
it was a bit drama for me - as I was in so much pain that i forgotten how to parallel park n need to ask for help.
Can't focus n think of where the valet is. GYN has gave me a firm advise - NO MORE DRIVING!!!!

I have high pain threshold but the contractions seems so different.
I did the Pant Pant Blow breathing technique and sit and lean forward
to survive the driving journey.

congratulations to all mummies who had given birth !!!
you all are very brave to do without epidural.... :)

sorry, just a stupid qn... :p
if you all didn't go through epidural, when the doctor use the surgery scissors to cut (i don't know the term for that), do u feel the pain of cutting?

Last edited:

smilem

Here have many brave mummies.

I agreed to open up the facebook for MARCH 2013 Mummies & we can organise meet up / gatherings :D

NeyMO

Me too. Still driving till now (38weeks) : ) think is easier for me to go everywhere by driving instead of taking other transport.

Just had my 38 weeks Gynae visit this morning. My lit precious already 3.43kg with the head engaged already. Hearbeat 143bpm. I told Gynae I have been having menses cramp since 2 days ago and he said it is normal to approach the labour day.

Two mummies had given birth!! And soooo exciting for the rest of us waiting for our lit precious to come out soon!!!

Jia You!!!

Hihi I have the same question, without epi would it be painful for episotomy or tearing? And is it painful when they stitch as well? How long is the stitch and when will it happen? Immediately after labor when we r still holding on to the baby?

JuJuLim

Oh dear I'm on 35 weeks now and baby is 2.9kg.

gynea said if baby goes up to 3.5kg will need to do c section.

congrats for mommies who have birth. I just wonder which way is better to give birth. Worried now

l0r3tTa

autumnfall:759335 said:
Hihi I have the same question, without epi would it be painful for episotomy or tearing? And is it painful when they stitch as well? How long is the stitch and when will it happen? Immediately after labor when we r still holding on to the baby?
Hi autumnfall, you won't be able to feel the tear at all. What I felt was like a burning sensation down there the entire time when I was pushing. The sewing part, they will inject to numb the area first before sewing. It was done when they are still busy cleaning measuring weighing baby. You may feel slight discomfort only or not to scare u,u could feel the needle and when the tread is pilled thru,but it doesn't hurt compared to pushing the baby out. :)

mamasesame

Hi neymo, thanks for sharing :)

mhjt!!! Congrats! Another brave mummy!

yes to Facebook page too!

I went for 37w check. Was placed on ctg. minor contractions but gynae said wont be in the next few days. She told me to walk more to induce dilation naturally.

Hi autumnfall, you won't be able to feel the tear at all. What I felt was like a burning sensation down there the entire time when I was pushing. The sewing part, they will inject to numb the area first before sewing. It was done when they are still busy cleaning measuring weighing baby. You may feel slight discomfort only or not to scare u,u could feel the needle and when the tread is pilled thru,but it doesn't hurt compared to pushing the baby out. :)
Thank god! So if I decide to go without epi, do I choose natural tear or episotomy? Which is better and less painful? When they r sewing, how long does it take? Can we distract ourselves by holding on to the baby? Haiz v scared... so many unknown.. actually im more afraid of the stitching? How long will they finish the stitches? Can move after that?

Apr gal

Hi Apr gal
I have the menses pain feeling fir the last two nights. It scares me cos I am not sure why I feel this way. I am only 35 weeks sling. I will be going to prepare my hospital bag this weekend getting nervous.
Hi Susannanation, do not worry bout d menses pain. It's supposed to b BH which could b notice by some as early as w20. Unless u hv regular contractions then u might nd to time it.

Yest nite i had tis BH while sleeping in d middle of d nite. d pain actually woke up up n kept me wondering if its time???

Apr gal

Hi Apr gal, how are things? If its inconsistent, like it comes once in every few hours, yes its Braxton hicks. But if it has a pattern like an interval of once in every 10-15min, it sounds like labour is nearing. :)
Hi Loretta, thanks for d advice. I'm trying hard to time my contraction but each time there seems to b no ending to d pain which can last few hrs. N d pain can actually make me lost 'consciousness' to actually time it. So I'm a little worried when d real signal comes!

Congrats mhjt! Do recover well during confinement.

Just to share my first giving birth experience, I do opt for no epidural until I cannot tolerate the pain 2 hours later.

It is pretty dangerous to inject Epi when I'm having contractions cos I tend to move when I'm in pain so better ask them to make sure the doc object with your contractions is not at the highest level. Endup I get scolding from the nurse haha n a few of them have to hold me tight so the doc can inject Epi on me.

I really admire you mummies that goes without Epi!

l0r3tTa

autumnfall:759369 said:
Thank god! So if I decide to go without epi, do I choose natural tear or episotomy? Which is better and less painful? When they r sewing, how long does it take? Can we distract ourselves by holding on to the baby? Haiz v scared... so many unknown.. actually im more afraid of the stitching? How long will they finish the stitches? Can move after that?
Don't worry too much babe. With proper breathing, I'm sure a tear would be better. The duration of the stitch is pretty fast,also depends on the length of tear. For my first delivery,I was afraid to pee and also to pass motion,but still have to get thru it. Haha..else,moving about still fine,maybe be more careful when squatting.

:)

l0r3tTa

Apr gal:759382 said:
Hi Loretta, thanks for d advice. I'm trying hard to time my contraction but each time there seems to b no ending to d pain which can last few hrs. N d pain can actually make me lost 'consciousness' to actually time it. So I'm a little worried when d real signal comes!
Hi Apr gal, try to focus on breathing when u get the pain. Few hrs, too long le ba...

Haha all the while I thought I didn't experience any BH, thanks for identifying it for me. How's your cramps Apr girl?
Hi Apr gal
I have the menses pain feeling fir the last two nights. It scares me cos I am not sure why I feel this way. I am only 35 weeks sling. I will be going to prepare my hospital bag this weekend getting nervous.
Hi Susannanation, do not worry bout d menses pain. It's supposed to b BH which could b notice by some as early as w20. Unless u hv regular contractions then u might nd to time it.

Yest nite i had tis BH while sleeping in d middle of d nite. d pain actually woke up up n kept me wondering if its time???

teremine

l0r3tTa and mhjt: congrats! and enjoy life with your new babies! :)

PrincessCC: I'm also dilated (about 2cm) at 37w, I guess we can only wait and see when our babies want to meet us!

At my 37w check up, the doc also noticed that my amniotic fluid is at boderline low level. Any mummies with this symptom as well??

Thanks lor3tTa for sharing so many valuable insights and tips... do hope I can go thru labor without epi too...

Any mums breastfeeding? How long do we have to wait for the milk supply to come? I heard that everyone will have, dont knw how true is that... and if it doesnt come right after, do you feed baby with infant milk? I hope to be able to latch for the first few days as I havent buy pump yet... scared no milk lol

nyukmooy

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling are Braxton hicks or simply baby's kicks. Hmm..
I have a light growth of yeast and gynae said it might lead to thrush in the baby. He didn't give me any meds though.
Wondering if anybody has that too? Or is there anything I can do?
Hi Phycyi mummy
For yeast problem, you should consult your doctor. See whether your gynae can give you some medication on that.