EDD March 2013

Ryca

I only drink red dates tea everyday..n some rice wine for confinement food. According to cl n my mom it will increase milk supply. But most importantly u must be relaxed n dun stress out. Initially my right breast din hv much milk but I massage it everytime I pump den can see milk really spraying. My colostrum at first only 2ml den second time I pump increased to 8ml

Wah... thanks for sharing! Now I think pump is very important so I jus bought an ameda lactaline dual electric pump... hope it helps to empty the milk so that more will come!!! Haiz I hope I have cuz I dont wan to give up so easily... baby who r breastfed are smarter and healthier...

hoho

Hi,

I have been a silent reader all along... My Edd is on 24 March 2013 and will be delivering my little prince at Thomson Medical Centre. Just started to take leave to rest at home. Can someone add me to the facebook, plse? Have sent in the request some time ago... My facebook email is: ho.sew@facebook.com or hozysew@yahoo.com (not sure which one is in the record). Thanks in advance.

hoho

Hi,

I have been a silent reader all along... My EDD is on 24 March 2013 and i will be delivering my little prince at Thomson Medical Centre. Can someone add me to the facebook group chat, plse? I have sent a request some time ago... My facebook email: ho.sew@facebook.com or hozysew@yahoo.com (not sure which one is on record). Thanks in advance.

Jkel

Hi all, I am 37+ weeks pregnant and and is tested strep B positive, my gynae mentioned that the index is rather high. I wanted to go for natural delivery initially but is now quite worried that the bacteria will spread to my baby. Asked my gynae whether I can opt for c-sect to minimise the risk but the gynae still advised me to go natural. Does any mummies here who is tested strep B positive but still go ahead and deliver a healthy via natural mean?

Hey dont worry a lot of people have had positive results.. I jus did my test, unsure of the results yet but I know jus need to take antibiotics and take a jab before the delivery and u will be fine... the bacteria will be killed by the time u complete the course of the antibiotics... jus rem to wash every single time u go to the toilet and change ur pantyliner regularly...

Any mummies can share their experiences of how to clear blocked ducts? I have been massaging my breasts with hot towel and they work but it seems the ducts will still be blocked again next feed. :( don like the feeling cos its quite painful.

blurbabe

Have you tried Jamu massage? They helped to clear the blocked ducts. But you must conscientiously express the milk out to prevent further engorgement. If you intend to continuw with bf, do not completely clear out the milk.
For my case, my ducts were so badly blocked that both breats became red, hot, itchy and painful with many lumps. I had to see a gynae to help with the infecton.

PooiYan

Hi mummies, Im 39 weeks coming dis sat and today i ve done my checkup ... i only ve diated 1cm ... stress
Gynae said if there are no symptoms until due date ie 22 Mar ... 21 Mar mid night i need to admit hospital to induce
I wont opt for epidural ... so I hope everything is smoothly when delivery of my baby ...

Hi im not opting for epidural too for the fact that I've heard polka saying u will develop side effects from it. jia you!

Hi mummies, Im 39 weeks coming dis sat and today i ve done my checkup ... i only ve diated 1cm ... stress
Gynae said if there are no symptoms until due date ie 22 Mar ... 21 Mar mid night i need to admit hospital to induce
I wont opt for epidural ... so I hope everything is smoothly when delivery of my baby ...

Apr gal

Hi all, I am 37+ weeks pregnant and and is tested strep B positive, my gynae mentioned that the index is rather high. I wanted to go for natural delivery initially but is now quite worried that the bacteria will spread to my baby. Asked my gynae whether I can opt for c-sect to minimise the risk but the gynae still advised me to go natural. Does any mummies here who is tested strep B positive but still go ahead and deliver a healthy via natural mean?
Hi, no nd to b over worried bout strep b bact. It's quite common. Juz rmbr tat u nd to take precaution n observe when yr water bag burst. U nd d antibiotic within 18hes after it burst. Once bb is delivered they wil hv blood culture test on bb. Rmbr to tell d nurse tat u hv strep b bact upon admission!!!

Apr gal

Any mummies can share their experiences of how to clear blocked ducts? I have been massaging my breasts with hot towel and they work but it seems the ducts will still be blocked again next feed. :( don like the feeling cos its quite painful.
Think yr milk prod too fast. U nd to express out more frequently. It's good tat u r using hot compress n massage.

hi mummies, just to update..my prince is borned after 38w5d via c-sec on 13 march..

i admitted to hospital to induce but dilation was very slow so i opt for c-sect plus gynae mentioned tat baby's head is not engaging and baby is big.. i very much wanna have natural delivery but my body is not "working".. nevertheless, looking at my baby now.. he is healthy and safe and i am happy enough..

jia you to the other mummies!! be it natural birth or c-sect.. most impt is to have healthy baby!! cheers!!!

Hi can u describe the procedure for c section? Did u just use anesthetic or epidural?

hi mummies, just to update..my prince is borned after 38w5d via c-sec on 13 march..

i admitted to hospital to induce but dilation was very slow so i opt for c-sect plus gynae mentioned tat baby's head is not engaging and baby is big.. i very much wanna have natural delivery but my body is not "working".. nevertheless, looking at my baby now.. he is healthy and safe and i am happy enough..

jia you to the other mummies!! be it natural birth or c-sect.. most impt is to have healthy baby!! cheers!!!

Hi mummies,

Are you planning to have baby shower for your new born?

I'm planning one for my kid .

However, need ideas on the be venues.
Anyone can recommend?

Hi can you describe the procedure for c section? Did you just use anesthetic or epidural?
Hihi.. i was under general anesthesia.. which means i am still awake while the whole procedure was carried out..
i can feel my gynae cutting open me but no pain.. when my gynae is gonna carry my baby out.. theu ask my hubby to enter the op theater..
the whole process took abt 30 mins

Hihi.. i was under general anesthesia.. which means i am still awake while the whole procedure was carried out..
i can feel my gynae cutting open me but no pain.. when my gynae is gonna carry my baby out.. theu ask my hubby to enter the op theater..
the whole process took abt 30 mins
You are so brave. I can't imagine watching or feeling the Gynae cut ME open. It's like having the grotesque scenes of the movie SAW happen to me in real. Not sure if u hv seen it, it's about a group of victims watching as they were being cut to pieces, cut open while under capture by some lunatic.

Urgh, shudders