EDD March 2013

Hi veryberry, wow that's good! May i know if u did anything to make that happen? Like establishing a routine or what?

Also wondering if all the mommies out there follow a strict feeding routine or feed on demand?

milk not enough for her...everytime i try to breastfeed her for half hour...
after few minutes, she will cried again due to hungry...
So, i stop to breastfeed her... When I stopped to breastfeed her, i was blamed myself was not a good mummy...
im having the same problem too... if u jus hav no milk eating any food that helps to increase the flow also has no use. i tried fenugreek but no use...

veryberry

normally, my girl drinks 90ml at the last feed...
but yesterday she cried after finish her 90ml milk...think she still hungry...
then we give her 30ml milk, after drinking her milk, she sleeps till 7am++ for the first feed on today...
sometimes, she can sleeps till 8am++ for her first feed...

i always talking with her start from my pregnant that mummy needs to work after u reach 3 mths old...
So, u must sleep through the whole night then mummy just can rest...
and tell her sleeping also can grow up and human no need eating at night time XD
try to talk with ur baby in the day time and try no to let them sleep too long in day time...
but they still need sleep abt 5-6 hrs in day time...

I feed her when she cried

I already give up breastfeeding :p
my hubby saw me v tired and lack of rest in confinement...
he told me no need to breastfeed her since my milk no enough for her...

Anybody was planning back to work?? I'm quite boring at home now...
I will start working on next week...:)

HappyTots

By the way, happytots, do you also take vaccination injection at the PD at KK? If yes, is it more expensive than that at polyclinic?
PD at KK is defintiely more expensive (but not sure how much more)
Been doing my boy vaccination at polyclinic... my observation is that the PD at KK is very bz... might as well just go polyclinic.
My boy has started sleeping through the night as well.. (last feed at 9pm.. next feed 4am sometimes till 7:30am)

It can still be quite cahotic when he jumps out of his routine (bobian.. bring him here, bring him there)
Like last night 7pm started crying all the way till 9pm.. *groans*
But now sleeping like a baby again.

HappyTots

im having the same problem too... if u jus hav no milk eating any food that helps to increase the flow also has no use. i tried fenugreek but no use...
Yes... agreed.. i had to stop bf @ 2 months as well (simply not enough for every feed).. was so depressed!
Just happy baby is thriving..
Maybe in future for #2 we should take more milk when we are pregnant? and.. express express feed and feed non-stop after birth?
FYI.. Sun Yan Zi also stopped bf at 2 months.
Haiz.. we really exhaust our bodies of nutrients and rest for the sake of the future generation.
MUMMY'S ARE INDEED THE GREATEST! (MAMA ZHUI WEI DA!)

Me starting work next week.. Grr.. Boss say come back on special request.. Will work one month and then rest again for one month. *Will definitely miss my boy*
sob sob

Will probably be MIA from here as well. Hope to survive going back to work!

All the best mummies!! And for all those who managed to bf, you are doing a magnificent job! JIA YOU ALL THE WAY!
If I could bf.. think i would even consider taking no pay leave... =)

Yes... agreed.. i had to stop bf @ 2 months as well (simply not enough for every feed).. was so depressed!
Just happy baby is thriving..
Maybe in future for #2 we should take more milk when we are pregnant? and.. express express feed and feed non-stop after birth?
FYI.. Sun Yan Zi also stopped bf at 2 months.
Haiz.. we really exhaust our bodies of nutrients and rest for the sake of the future generation.
MUMMY'S ARE INDEED THE GREATEST! (MAMA ZHUI WEI DA!)

Me starting work next week.. Grr.. Boss say come back on special request.. Will work one month and then rest again for one month. *Will definitely miss my boy*
sob sob

Will probably be MIA from here as well. Hope to survive going back to work!

All the best mummies!! And for all those who managed to bf, you are doing a magnificent job! JIA YOU ALL THE WAY!
If I could bf.. think i would even consider taking no pay leave... =)
Mostly low milk supplied is associated with lack of stimulation. Not related to how much milk you drink during your pregnancy. I remember a midwife help woman without baby to stimulate milk supply by baby latching on. Two weeks later their milk supply flow in. It's amazing! The body knows how much you need and how much to produce milk. Again it's a choice lah.

HappyTots

I latch my baby on for 2 hours.. subsequently even express another hour.. and still no improvement after 2 weeks. it was very discouraging... tears flowed like a river... and hubby was like please dont starve our son :( on top of that baby had jauice and even the doc at polyclinic say supp with formula
so supp formula milk.

Really nth to do with drinking more milk during pregnancy?

or maybe my body was too exhausted to even produce milk.... sigh.

HappyTots

Sometimes it is not a matter of choice. what can u do when u really have no milk and baby is not meeting the daily requirement of 6 wet diapers a
And 3 stools
It is a tough choice for mum with every intention to bf.

In the end its still doing what is best for the baby, not self.
I had tried my best and is at peace with it.

Veryberry, i guess baby can understand what we say to him after all. :eek: so good tat u can sleep thru the night!

My baby does not like to sleep during the day. :( he is so active n sometimes he is sleepy (yawns alot) but he can only sleep max 15 mins then he will wake up again. At night he sleeps ok but will still wake up 3 hourly for milk. So worry he might not grow well if continue like this. Sigh...

I am going bk to work mid june. I think im going to miss my baby terribly when it happens. But sometimes i also feel like working can make me feel better in a way that i can interact wit other ppl a lot.

Happytots,so u think pd at polyclinic better? Cos i have been thinking to bring my baby to a private pd as i feel they r more professional but am taken aback by their charges... Wondering Can separate injections n check ups or not? :p

So envious... Ur baby can sleep so long... I wonder when mine will do the same...

And mommies pls dont b too hard on urself when it comes to breastfeeding. Many factors play a part in successful breastfeeding and its not easy. So instead jus enjoy ur motherhood!

I latch my baby on for 2 hours.. subsequently even express another hour.. and still no improvement after 2 weeks. it was very discouraging... tears flowed like a river... and hubby was like please dont starve our son :( on top of that baby had jauice and even the doc at polyclinic say supp with formula
so supp formula milk.

my husband told me it's ok and said that i dont have to stress myself over it. We can just feed her with formula... so for now, i just pump out whatever i can to feed her while supplementing with formula.

veryberry

Veryberry, i guess baby can understand what we say to him after all. :eek: so good tat u can sleep thru the night!

My baby does not like to sleep during the day. :( he is so active n sometimes he is sleepy (yawns alot) but he can only sleep max 15 mins then he will wake up again. At night he sleeps ok but will still wake up 3 hourly for milk. So worry he might not grow well if continue like this. Sigh...

I am going bk to work mid june. I think im going to miss my baby terribly when it happens. But sometimes i also feel like working can make me feel better in a way that i can interact wit other ppl a lot.

Happytots,so u think pd at polyclinic better? Cos i have been thinking to bring my baby to a private pd as i feel they r more professional but am taken aback by their charges... Wondering Can separate injections n check ups or not? :p

So envious... Ur baby can sleep so long... I wonder when mine will do the same...

And mommies pls dont b too hard on urself when it comes to breastfeeding. Many factors play a part in successful breastfeeding and its not easy. So instead jus enjoy ur motherhood!
My baby was same as she don't like to sleep during the day too...
if she sleeps on bed can only sleep few minutes only...
but if i put her in "sarong" she can sleep for 3-4 hrs, or maybe u can try to let ur son sleep sarong?

My baby was at infant care now...she will accompany me at night time only for weekdays...

I agreed that working can make us feel better and more confidence...
I feel upset when i was at home everyday like an auntie...
I think I'm not suitable as a housewife...hahaha...

so supp formula milk.

ya, you are right. Some women don't produce as much milk. I remember TCM has a remedy to improve milk supply. I also came across companies sell tea to stimulate more milk. Yes, it has nothing to do with drinking milk during pregnancy. I didn't drink milk for my 2nd one and he turn out to be 1.1kg bigger than the first one at birth.

aprillier

returning back to work

Any mum taking 3 month maternity and slowly utilize the last month? Care to share more about ur plan?