EDD May 2012 Mummies!

So cool! Im stuck with themes cos baby gal so many options.. haha
Agreed there are so many themes! And all so CUTEEEEEE! But once decided, everything will fall into place quickly. I kiasu start preparing now as I wanna DIY the decor. Ready made decor cost a bomb and it is not easy finding monster theme stuff in Spore. By monster, I dont mean cookie monster :p

Pinterest has a lot of good ideas if you wanna DIY. Some stuff I am doing.. hope I am not going overboard.. haha

Monster bunting around buffet table
Monster place card for writing buffet food name
Monster box for putting cutleries
Backdrop made of crepe streamers
Bean bag throwing game
bowling (used coke bottles)
Monster coloring sheets

Still trying to source for suitable party favors though... nothing suitable so far :(

mama mel

Dear mommies.. Those with baby girls, can check with u if they r still crying at night and if u need to carry n rock to sleep... I'm still doing so for my gal.. :(

Butt8rfly

hi mama mel

my baby girl doesn't cry at night and has been able to sleep for at least a few hours at a stretch since 8mth (4hrs to be precise). she still needs to suckle at night (like 11pm and 4am) but doesn't wake up crying. maybe you can share your girl's sleeping time and sleeping duration. naptimes too. to see if she has been getting sufficient sleep?

mama mel

Hi butt8rfly.
Now that shes bigger sometimes she only naps once a day.
So she goes to bed around 8ish. I do dream fed her at 11pm and 4-'6am.
Her problem is from birth. She doesnt slp tat easily. Alot of crying den i have to carry . Sing song den slp. Nw tat she is gg to be 12mths..i think i shld stop that...

Butt8rfly

oic

if your girl has been able to sleep more than 4hrs at a stretch, i think she shld be on the way to sleeping longer. maybe you can try to pat her before she wakes up from crying? i do find that if mygirl hasn't been eating much in the day, she tends to want milk in the middle of the night. what i am doing for this week was simply to offer a bottle just around her bed time. she has porridge at 7pm plus and then i give her a bottle again around 9plus (if she still actively suckling in her sleep).

i do carry and pat my girl till she falls asleep because that is the only time i get to hug her. but she has been pushing me off to sleep on her own after her tummy's filled up with milk. she rather sleep on the bed than have me carry her. after that she sleeps all the way. maybe you can try to give an extra bottle and see if she will fall asleep with a full tummy?

other things i find helpful:
dark environment (no night light)
no patting
bedtime routine (bath/wipe, bed time songs, change into pyjamas)
same bedtime/wakeup time, day in and out, inclusive of weekends
regular naps (30mins to 2hr) at same time
activities to tire our little one out in the day (swimming, go out in garden, learning to cruise/walk, general moving about)

Butt8rfly

she drinks very little about 100ml to 120ml per feed. she's taking like 3 milk feed and 1 meal plus 2 tea breaks in school. at home 1 dinner and 1 milk. she's 11mths at around 8.5kg. very little but her meal portions are huge. more than average babies. like 1 bowl of porridge and 1 to 2 slice of bread type.

New Programme!

[SIZE=+1]We have teamed up with Seimpi School of Music to bring you their Music and Dance MIM Programme for children aged 2 months - 6 years old. Registration for May classes starts now![/SIZE]

Choose either Music or Dance or choose both!
[SIZE=+1]Fees: $150 per month per course
- 4 lessons in a month per course

Drop us an email at enquiry@givingtre3.com to register!

TH[SIZE=+1]E GIVING TREE ART WORKSHOP[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Giving Tre3 is bringing the popular children's story The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein to all children in the form of an ART WORKSHOP!

Using a combination of music, story and art, children get to learn various art techniques, math concepts and even character building through this workshop!

Details of Workshop:
~
Age groups: 18 month - 6 years old
~
Workshop consists of 5 sessions
~ Workshop will commence on FIRST SATURDAY of May 2013.
~ Dates of sessions: 4, 11, 18, 25 May and 1 June.
~ Time slot: 11am - 12:00pm

~ Instructor: Mr. Eric Teow

About the trainer:
Trained in Advertising Art. Eric spent over 20 years accumulating a wealth of experience and contacts in the advertising, creative design, hospitality, media and publishing industries as a draftsman, graphics designer, industrial designer, visualise, studio manager, art director and entrepreneur.

Art Director
Besides working for several local and multi national advertising agencies and local publishers, and running in-house creative studies in Orchard Belt 5 star hotels, Eric also served as Art Director for the National Council of Social Service (and Community Chest) providing creative leadership for several national fund- raising programmes.

STRONG PASSION FOR ART
Eric has a strong passion to teach young children creative skills and freedom of expression through paints, colours and media. He believes that creativity is the essential ingredient of all learning. This builds upon studies in the US and UK which has proven art training to be useful in developing language and social skills in young children. Today, Eric has co-opted other partner-advisors, to help grow the business aggressively over the next 3 years. These include Senior MNC executives and training consultants, who together lend Growing paints a wide international business perspective and provide deep industry knowledge in electronics, IT, e-businesses, early childhood education and training services.

Eric combines both music and art; he creates a fun and enjoyable setting in every given opportunity with his students. Eric loves to expand their imagination by telling and unfolding stories as he paints in a class!

A father to three young children, Eric has been inspiring young minds for more than 13 years and he is possibly the only one in Singapore who combines music, art and fun for children!

Limited slots as classes are kept small. SO REGISTER QUICK!!

Email to enquiry@givingtre3.com or call 9777 1645.

Like us on www.facebook.com/givingtre3 to get regular updates on our promotions!
[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]