EDD May 2013

ett

Hi ett, I dont know about b1, because I considered only delivery with my hubby (that is allowed only for A ward). 3 years ago it was 3K+ (normal delivery). Now they surely increased the price :(
Hi cony,
only A ward allow hubby to be there ah? aiyo i dun know abt it.. hehehe FTM... o 3k+ includes or exclude the medisave? so roughly how much cash upfront to pay?

Celson

HI mummies,
What will be your child care option when bb arrive? Nanny / Maid / Infant Care / SAHM? Wanna share your choice and opinion?
I'm thinking to arrange flexi-work hours after maternity leave to take care of the baby for at least the first 6 months, while having my mother in law to take care when I'm at work. After the first year will consider infant care.

But all these haven't yet been discussed with the family as it's still early.

yann15:707574 said:
Hi baby052013,
My gynae also say everything can include watermelon, pineapple etc.. =,=;
Yah yann15.. My frd ate pineapple too..no problem too!! I ate watermelon.. But not pineapple.. Maybe pineapple after 1st trim ba :)

Celson

Yah yann15.. My frd ate pineapple too..no problem too!! I ate watermelon.. But not pineapple.. Maybe pineapple after 1st trim ba :)
If your body is the 'cooling' or weak type, would be best to avoid watermelon and pineapples, the latter is said to possibly trigger contractions, while watermelons is very cooling.

It's indeed a very trying period... a lot of food has to avoid while struggling with morning sickness and fatigue. :(

cony

Hi cony,
only A ward allow hubby to be there ah? aiyo i dun know abt it.. hehehe FTM... o 3k+ includes or exclude the medisave? so roughly how much cash upfront to pay?
We paid around 4k upfront, but later got some refund... But it was 3 years ago, better to call them and confirm... btw, the first appointment with senior consultant costs $95+scan $50+medication+tests... thus it was around $270 for the first visit...

cony:707893 said:
Dear mummies, I'm curious, are you going to do Down syndrome test (blood and scan)?
Yes.. Going to do the scar scan..heard from gyn its 300plus. But i already did 2 blood test earlier.. So im just doing the scan..

yann15

Hi mummies,

I'm not sure whether should I listen and stay away fr watermelon as now I always craving for sweet drinks whenever I'm at home.

I'm going for my ocsar test on next tue. For my first pregnancy I didn't do the test and I worry till he was born. Therefore this time I don wanna cut cost rather to go for the test to make me feel easy.

ett

Hi ett,

But will there be anyway with the maid or the maid and baby be alone? Ya infant care after sub also need $500+..
Hi Mummy carol,

well my dad will be there unless if he goes out then i will just maybe once in awhile call to spot check lor..

B3b3

Hi all MTBs,

did your gynae give you Duphaston to "an tai" your baby? And Maxolon (Metoclopramide) for nausea??

cony

Hi all MTBs,

did your gynae give you Duphaston to "an tai" your baby? And Maxolon (Metoclopramide) for nausea??
Hi B3b3, my gynae asked me whether I want something from nausea, but I refused (I don't want to take extra pills...). She said that I could also control it choosing proper food.
As for Duphaston, I took it on my 7th and 8th weeks, due to bleeding. Now stopped because no more bleeding.

MummyCarol

Hi all MTBs,

Hi B3b3,

Doc gave me Duphaston at 4 weeks. That time, bb cannot be seen thru scan and urine test result is blur. So he gave me to eat just in case..

Hi all MTBs,

Hi B3b3,

Nothing was given to me, my gyn only ask me to continue with the folic acid that i was taking prior to pregnancy. I ask her if any duphaston is required? She say trust the baby. No need. I told her about my morning sickness, she say morning sickness is good and didnt give me any medication for nausea. My gyn mentioned that she will only prescribe some vitamins, eg iron tablets when im in my 2nd trim...

B3b3

Thanks all for the replies. For my case, i also dunno y the doc gave me duphaston. I only told him i gt mild cramp when i was ard 5-6w. Maybe that's the reason he prescribe to me.

For the nausea i told him only nausea without vomiting but he prescibe 2 type of medicine(Maxolon and Dimenate) for me already.

Do you all see doctor from KKH or Private like Mt A or Thomson? My gynae only deliver at Mt A and thomson but i'm kinda worried abt the cost. Coz i heard KKH is cheaper if there's any complication arise. Any opinion?

P.S I'm a first time mummy..so everything also blur blur one hehe

afrogail

Hi Mommies.

Im very new here. Just turned 12 weeks. Still feeling very fatique though. hope to feel better as the weeks go by.

Nice to meet y'all. :)

Hi b3b3,

im like you..ftm..my gyn at thomson.. I heard from frd that pte always ask mummy to induce then become c section instead..also my frd say they ask u to sign a form that in the event complication occur..they will send u to govt hospital! I will check with gyn the next time i visit her..

MummyCarol

B3b3:709236 said:
Thanks all for the replies. For my case, i also dunno y the doc gave me duphaston. I only told him i gt mild cramp when i was ard 5-6w. Maybe that's the reason he prescribe to me.

For the nausea i told him only nausea without vomiting but he prescibe 2 type of medicine(Maxolon and Dimenate) for me already.

Do you all see doctor from KKH or Private like Mt A or Thomson? My gynae only deliver at Mt A and thomson but i'm kinda worried abt the cost. Coz i heard KKH is cheaper if there's any complication arise. Any opinion?

P.S I'm a first time mummy..so everything also blur blur one hehe
Hi, I seeing private gyn. He can go to Mt A, tmc and parkway hospital. I think 4yrs back when I deliver at Mt A 2 bedder, I should paid about 900+ cash. Not told sure about the charges now. Should had already increase since the price for prams had also increase quite a bit...

crispychilly

Hi Ladies,
My EDD is 28 May 2013, and I am seeing Dr Kang Wee frm Mt A.. FInd her ex, coz only after two visits my bills close to 1K (includes tests, thyroid consult etc.. )

We are bit short on $$ so could someone please share their bill sizes with Mt A for a normal/Csec under Dr K Wee?

Alternatively, which of the public hosp is better, KKH, NUH or SGH..? I am at AMK so KK is definitely near..

crispychilly

Mummies, any good gyne in AMK area?
Am confused if I shud go the subsidised route, as am short on $$. Can anyone share their experience with KKH,SGH or NUH? on the process, bill costs (prenatal chackups, scans, consult, deliver charges etc) at these places?

thanks a lot, sorry very confused right now.. want the best for this first preggy of mine, but dont want to blow through our budget (ard 5K).. :(
:nah: