EDD May 2013

MummyCarol

Hi mummies,

Just went for review last night, BB growing up. Now already 5cm long. Growing well... Had drawn blood and taken the measurement for the test for down syndrome.. How much did you all did for the test? I spent $388 on the test alone... =(

cony

Hi mummies,
How much did you all did for the test? I spent $388 on the test alone... =(
Hi MummyCarol, my bill will be $340+. However they split into 2 payments - one time I paid for the blood test, next time will be the scan. Is it your second appointment? For me it becomes not so expensive, because scan will be on my 12th week and gynae told me I don't need to visit her that day. Thus, next time I'll come to see her only on my 20th week for a detailed scan and saving 100+ (because otherwise I would need to come one time before that, do a scan for $50+gynae fee).

Celson

Hi mummies,

Just went for review last night, BB growing up. Now already 5cm long. Growing well... Had drawn blood and taken the measurement for the test for down syndrome.. How much did you all did for the test? I spent $388 on the test alone... =(
Visited gynae today and opted for the Oscar test, He said it costs about $428 excluding gst. It will be at thomson medical centre. Where did you mummies go for the test? :)

nomnom

Hi mummies, I am new here and also a 1st time mum to be. :) My etd will be on 31 May 2013. Currently at KKH tps. Our bill each time is about $200 each visit. Include scan,consultations and meds. I am close to 10 weeks now and having 24/7 nauseous plus vomitting but Doc said its normal. Any tips on how to reduce the vomitting and nauseous will be greatly appreciated.Thanks! :)

cony

Hi mummies, I am new here and also a 1st time mum to be. :) My etd will be on 31 May 2013. Currently at KKH tps. Our bill each time is about $200 each visit. Include scan,consultations and meds. I am close to 10 weeks now and having 24/7 nauseous plus vomitting but Doc said its normal. Any tips on how to reduce the vomitting and nauseous will be greatly appreciated.Thanks! :)
Hi nomnom, who is your doctor? How often do you visit your gynae?

Hi mummies, is anybody loosing weight now? I've already lost 3.5kg and the weight is still going down. Is it normal?

nomnom

Hi Cony my doc is goh shen li. The last apptment I had a male doc and i wasnt too comfortable so i requested a female doc heh...saw gd reviews bout her in forums...and was also recommended by a friend. :) will see her on 5th nov i'll update ok! :) I go to kkh once a mth. By the way you lost weight due to nauseous and vomitting?

marmalade

Hi mummies, is anybody loosing weight now? I've already lost 3.5kg and the weight is still going down. Is it normal?
I lost 1 kg within a month, dunno if will go down further. cos i vomit, no appetite to eat.....
think you better consult your gynae.

now i always lie on bed whenever possible. cos got #1, feel so sad sometimes cannot play with her. sigh. can't wait for dec. cos hopefully by then my morning sickness and extreme body fatigue will be gone...my #1 i waited till my 4th mth before everything normalised.

Celson

Hi nomnom, who is your doctor? How often do you visit your gynae?

Lost 2kg within a few weeks. Think due to very little intake of food and vomiting. I heard this is common in first trimester, but the nausea feeling is terrible. =_=

Hi nomnom, I seen Goh Shen Li before too. Very pretty and nice gynae. :)

ett

Hi Cony my doc is goh shen li. The last apptment I had a male doc and i wasnt too comfortable so i requested a female doc heh...saw gd reviews bout her in forums...and was also recommended by a friend. :) will see her on 5th nov i'll update ok! :) I go to kkh once a mth. By the way you lost weight due to nauseous and vomitting?
Hi nomnom,

i'm a ftm... well i do vomit after i eat and i will feel hungry after that.. Normally my vomitting occurs during morning and afternoon... at night at least i can get the food down without vomiting.. So far my weight up and down though.. lost 1 kg then a week later my weight back to normal... haha

nomnom

Hi Celson u've seen goh shen li before? is she yr gynae? :)im so excited to meet her! yah saw online reviews she is nice and pretty hehe....hopefully pretty and nice gynae will make daughter or son good looking too! hehe... Hi ett oh dear sounds like we are on the same boat. Sometimes the nauseous and vomitting is so bad in the day, i feel like not going work. My workplce is understanding but i cant be taking mc almost everyday...feel so guilty. Hopefully things will be better for us soon! :)

Celson

Hi Celson u've seen goh shen li before? is she yr gynae? :)im so excited to meet her! yah saw online reviews she is nice and pretty hehe....hopefully pretty and nice gynae will make daughter or son good looking too! hehe... Hi ett oh dear sounds like we are on the same boat. Sometimes the nauseous and vomitting is so bad in the day, i feel like not going work. My workplce is understanding but i cant be taking mc almost everyday...feel so guilty. Hopefully things will be better for us soon! :)
I used to see her while i was still conceiving for some checkup tests. After tested positive, i tried to make appointment but have to wait a month. My TCM doc asked me to see a gynae as soon as possible due to weak body constitution so im seeing another private gynae now. :)

I'm also having bad nausea day and night... every meal is a headache T_T

cony

Lost 2kg within a few weeks. Think due to very little intake of food and vomiting. I heard this is common in first trimester, but the nausea feeling is terrible. =_=
Yeah, I also think it happen because of very little of food intake... I hope it will be better in a couple of weeks. This time nausea feeling gives us a signal that baby is growing inside. One morning I didn't have nausea and started really worrying!

Hi nomnom, my next scan will be on 5th as well in kkh :) what time is yours?

nomnom

Hi Cony my scan will be at 6.30pm. wat time is yrs? maybe we could bump into each other! hehe... Hi Celson ic2...yah same boat! nauseous and vomitting. My tendency to throw up will be higher if i eat oily food. *pfft.*And im a fan of fast food.heee.. Nowadays i only eat plain rice with soup whenever possible. Tummy seems to accept these type.

nomnom

hi aida waheeda - eat! succumb to yr cravings! hehe im having mcflurry now as i type....i just hope i wont throw up in an hr time...hurhur

AIDAWAHEEDA

Hi Nom nom, yeah been trying to satisfy myself but the thing is, i need to get on the spot once i craving for it. That is the part i hate most...aaaarghhh

cony

Hi Cony my scan will be at 6.30pm. wat time is yrs? maybe we could bump into each other! hehe... QUOTE]

Hi nomnom, mine will be in the morning...

I'm not sure - should we avoid tea now or only coffee? Do you, mummies, drink tea? What other food restrictions do you have?

nomnom

Hi aidawaheeda hehe sounds funny but ya that's quite demanding! Try eating something similiar which is easily available to the food u are craving while waiting for the day to get the craved food? hehe :) Hi Cony i do still drink tea (green tea) occasionally. I avoid coffee tho. Guess if take small amounts is ok? Random but i read in kkh pamphlet and in forums that pineapple is ok to eat (not excessively) while pregnant. Have always thought its a nono. :)