EDD May 2013

ett

Hi ett, I'm going to deliver in KKH (private suite) . I've the first appt with my gynae this week. As far as I know the first visit is ~$90, second will be cheaper. But I'll confirm after appointement.
Hi cony, ok thanks and also if normal delivery what is the price range for A class and b1 ward?

MummyCarol

Hi Cony,
I never experience any nausea the last round. This round I kept feeling nausea and hungry all the time. I just can't stop eating and eating... I can't wait for the baby to move in me.. So looking forward. How about you?

MummyCarol

HI mummies,
What will be your child care option when bb arrive? Nanny / Maid / Infant Care / SAHM? Wanna share your choice and opinion?

babyIsaac

Hi. I have new Moses basket, My Brestfriend nursing pillow, Avent single electric breast pump and various maternity wear to let go. Pls MSG me if interested.

yann15

Hi mummies, old folks told me not to drink orange juice as they said that is too cooling which will cos bb to be phlegm and hard to look after when born. Is that true?

Hi yann15, my gyn say everything can eat but in moderation.. i drink barley (cold) also right? But i drink 1/2 cup.. for orange.. rich in vitamin c.. should be good for baby.. i drink but puke out..

Hii all the mummy here ... sorry to disturb your thread but i have something to share with you all ... currently Mums and babes is having a promotion on their online shop website . do visit the
News & Promotions
page for more information...

Freestyle selling at $699!!!!! while stock last... faster go online order ...got free delivery...

do like us on
facebook

ett

HI mummies,
What will be your child care option when bb arrive? Nanny / Maid / Infant Care / SAHM? Wanna share your choice and opinion?
hI MUMMY CAROL,

for me it will be maid.... cos infant care is too ex.. then nanny not so sure cos like a bit safe..

HI mummies,
Hi Mummycarol, for myself i would choose SAHM till baby is 18mths to go to childcare, if not will be nanny. (for nanny, i got a aunt who has been helping ppl look after baby for many years.. however now that she is 60, not sure if she is still willing to do that)... I am not comfortable to employ a maid to look after my baby.. with maid i feel cost is higher and also you still need another person to monitor the maid while she is looking after the baby..double work isnt it??

hence 1st choice SAHM, 2nd Choice Nanny 3rd Choice Infant Care..

Last edited:

MummyCarol

Hi baby052013,
Great to be a SAHM. I couldn't make up my mind. Got maid will be convenient for me cause i need to work late and someone can help to do house works and I will have more time for the kids. But I don't like to have another person in the house. Infant care scared bb fall sick easily. Haizzzz... Headache.

Hi Mummycarol,

Always a headache when it comes to caring for the child and what will be the best option.. some mummy will let their parents or in laws to look after the child till they are older before they send their child to childcare.. thats something you can consider too.. infant care baby sure fall sick easily i feel.. too young.. immune system still not strong yet..

For me parents wise.. my mum is active.. everyday go out type..ask her look after for 1 day can.. if everyday not possible.. MIL working... not an option too... well when baby arrives then we will see the best option ba..

Good to have maid to do housework, but with maid alot of responsibility and having another person in house also problem...yeah.. headache..

MummyCarol

Hi baby052013,

My parents are staying with me but my mum is super active too. My mother-in-law not around anymore. So this option down.

I just called to enquire about maid. I almost fainted. New Philippines maid charges is $3600. I remember i only paid less than 1k the last round when i hire about 4 yrs back. Somemore come next year, mandatory to have off day every week. Hiring maid is getting more and more expensive.

I still remember how stressful it was to have the maid and baby all alone. All options have pros and cons.. Really cannot decide. Haizzzz

Mummycarol, maid so ex??? omg. $3600 is annual salary for maid is it? i rem maid usually is get few hundred amonth then pay levy or wat.. total fee abt 1k a month...

If need someone to have be ard to monitor maid, then might as well dont need the maid.. if u need help in housework, employ those domestic helper isnt it better? Eg come in 1-2 times a week.. iron clothes, wash toilet, mop, vacuum, clean kitchen cabinet, windows etc.. however, laundry still need to do on our own.. A domestic helper will cost about 250-300 a mth..

Jenni

Hi Mum-to-be,

I am a July 2012 mummy, I have create a group is for mummies group buy, the price is lower then u can find in sg. Any one interested can request to join. Can even request for the things u interested and i will see if i can get it in the lower price. Group name: Sg Mummies Group buy

JCK

Hello Mummies!

I've baby a bag of baby clothes, Bottles, Teats, Breast Pump, Nappy etc for sales. Pm me or email me (email.kit.tan@gmail.com)if you are interested!! :)

JCK

cony

Hi cony, ok thanks and also if normal delivery what is the price range for A class and b1 ward?
Hi ett, I dont know about b1, because I considered only delivery with my hubby (that is allowed only for A ward). 3 years ago it was 3K+ (normal delivery). Now they surely increased the price :(

cony

HI mummies,
Hi mummies, wow, you are thinking so much in advance! :) For me the first thing in mind is cross 1st tremester, 2nd - deliver a healthy baby, then enjoy maternity leave, after that - let's see)))
I would only never leave my baby with a maid. I heard so many terrible stories, don't want to take this risk.... Maybe well recommended nunny or infant care... However I'd prefer not to send baby to ic before 6 months... They have hfmd so often there and it always starts from infant group...

Sweetoothz

yann15 - w my 1st pregnancy, the fruit stall auntie refuse to sell me carrot milk juice cz she say later bb jaundice n so i chg to orange juice then she say later bb alot of phlegm n lastly i settle w watermelon juice! hahaha

as for caring my 5 mth old baby, she is now under a nanny's care. so far so good. w the 2nd one coming up, i might consider a maid provided my grandma is at home if not then might put my 1st one in child care cz by that time she will b 1 already n my 2nd w the same nanny.. scared put both together the nanny cannot cope..

hope all is doing well.. dont forget ur prenatal vitamins.. =))