EDD May 2013

Snowycat

Hi, my baby has jaundice tol. Doc advise feed baby well to flush out jaundice. And to feed every 3 hrs. If baby is sleepy which is very common with jaundice, have to wake baby up by unwrapping baby, clean her face, ..

Snowycat

Anyone has breast engorgement? I had it on day 3 night. Super painful! Sought help at thomson parent craft centre on level 6 before i was discharged. They helped me to massage my super hard & swollen breasts ( i was literally screaming) cos need to massage v hard. Then they helped me to manually express out s bit of colostrum then used their sterilised pump to pump out abt 10mL of colostrum . Then gave me cold cabbage for cold compress for 2 hrs. Felt so relieved after that! After that before and after breastfeeding, i will massage my breast very hard . It worked! After one day, engorgement gone.

Btw thomson parent craft only opens on weekdays. For weekends, can go to K K hospital at basement 1. 24 hrs. Got lactation consultant there to help

Yeah, I'm thinking to put her to infant care. The only concern is hfmd, that is so common there :( But not many choices, I don't want to leave her with maid, because no control at home... And my hubby also doesn't like idea with a maid. There are also these aunties who take care about kids in there own house. I'm also thinking about this option, but they are also not under any control.
hmm..seems lik realli nt much choice..both mil and ur mom wont b able to be ard to see if u get a nanny to look aft baby?u gg back to wrk aft maternity leave?

cony

hmm..seems lik realli nt much choice..both mil and ur mom wont b able to be ard to see if u get a nanny to look aft baby?u gg back to wrk aft maternity leave?
Yeah, both grand parents are still working and I'm going back to work after ML...
I'd prefer somebody supervise my maid, but leaving her along at home with baby is scaring...

roudx

Anyone Just deliver at Thomson Medical Center. Mind to share what's the cost like?
I delivered on 21st May at Thomson.

Chose 4 bedded, was given 2 bedded ward.
Had normal delivery with Epidural.
Stayed total of 3 days.
Total bill, paid 4.1k Cash. 2.5k++ Medisave.

cony

Hi, my baby has jaundice tol. Doc advise feed baby well to flush out jaundice. And to feed every 3 hrs. If baby is sleepy which is very common with jaundice, have to wake baby up by unwrapping baby, clean her face, ..
mine is also with jaundice, but now much better already. Doc also advised to feed more often and check how many times per day she poo/pee

roudx

mine is also with jaundice, but now much better already. Doc also advised to feed more often and check how many times per day she poo/pee
Jaundice need to sun bathe right? I also heard need keep give baby poo poo to make the Jaundice gone.
My girl have jaundice. Not wanting to go back to the baby doctor @ novena cause quite exp.
Can book appt at poly clinic to check for jaundice ?

cony

Jaundice need to sun bathe right? I also heard need keep give baby poo poo to make the Jaundice gone.
My girl have jaundice. Not wanting to go back to the baby doctor @ novena cause quite exp.
Can book appt at poly clinic to check for jaundice ?
Can check in poly clinic. We have got referral letter from Kkh to poly clinic. Called to the nearest one and they said need to book an appt much in advance.
At the end still went to kk to make a test. We spent not more than half an hour there.

Aixin Mummies Confinement & Wellness Sanctuary
Our 28 days' stay-in confinement package includes personal one to one confinement nanny service for mummy and baby, delicious and nutritious confinement meal tailored according to the different stages of recovery during confinement (3 main + 3 side meals), herbal bath for mummy, infant bath and massage, free diapers and toiletries for mother and baby etc.
Other services we provide are pre/post/aqua yoga, belly binding, post natal detoxification massages, breast feeding guidance etc.

https://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

roudx

Wa how come you paid so much cash. How many dose of epidural did you take?
I took 1 Epidural. I also shocked why my bill so expensive. Maybe is Gynae. My Gynae cost 2k+ (1.5k cash, 750 medisave)
I still have to pay to the doc who done epidural on me. and also baby doctor .

roudx

Can check in poly clinic. We have got referral letter from Kkh to poly clinic. Called to the nearest one and they said need to book an appt much in advance.
At the end still went to kk to make a test. We spent not more than half an hour there.
So after going poly clinic, have to go KK to do the test?

ping87

Hi ping, so long haven't heard anything from you. How's your baby? Have you recovered after labor? How are you coping?
I'm ok. Getting use to my baby's nonsense. Apparently she's a bit unwell. Like having cough and keep sneezing.. I dunno how to cure her sia..

Hi ladies, just gave birth...prob the last one here...
8am: went hospital.... Cleared bowels, put epi etc...
9am: break water bag n start induce
9am - 3pm: Zzzzzz....bored, no pain due to epi...napped some n had some snack etc while waiting
3pm - 4pm: Full dialation start pushing. But bb not in good position..too high n facing up, very hard to push...pushed countless times for 1 h. Exhausted !
4pm: Finally out but gynae had to make a cut for easier delivery

big baby @ 3.66 kg. opt for total bf this time hope I succeed.