EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Lingz12

Congrats miso! Ur labour progressed rather quickly too.. I guess maybe cos induced? Me too.. I was quite shocked tat I got fully dilated within 1.5hrs after epidural..

Anyway as for the soreness.. I am still feeling sore now 5 days after delivery.. e painkillers doesnt seem to work.. but I realise todae tat the soreness comes from my piles, nt the stitches.. so have been diligently putting on e cream for piles prescribed by gynae.. hope it gets better soon! I dun rem being sore for long for my #1.. so I tink my prob this time is e piles.. so if u dun hav piles, the soreness will prob go away quite soon!

Lingz12

Mummy Pris:870247 said:
Seems like alot of mummies here are having #2 already so I would like to ask about the MMR jab. bringing my darling girl for the jab tomorrow morning.
Was advised by nurse to feed her egg white prior to the jab and check for allergy. So far so good. Any other things I should take note of for this jab??
Hmm.. I jus made sure she is nt allergic to egg white like wat e nurse advised.. but do note tat after e jab, there may be fever a few days later.. it did for my girl.. she developed a fever abt a wk after e jab.. and oso broke out in rashes which the bbsitter say are fake measles.. but both went away within days..

meltie

Jiayou mummies! Hope u had a pleasant mother's day! I went out to get a breather! :p

Thanks miso for sharing ur birth story!

Guess, hope to hear updates from you! All thise contractions and checks must be super uncomfy!

I'm still baking this girl inside me.. 39 weeks 4 days! See how long i can last! :p

Mummy pris, i delayed bringing my girl for MMR.. She only had her 1st jab at 18 mths and gonna miss her jab now at 20 mths coz i've a newborn on the way.. Don't want to risk infecting me n newborn.. I delayed partly due to my pregnancy, PD advised for her mmr to be done in my 2nd trimester.. Ans also she was sick and we delayed.. So end up 1st dose so late.. She has always been bad w vaccines.. Always got fever one.. I also intro egg white to her long before her MMR.. other than that, should be ok.. She developed fever 5 days after the jab and when fever went off, she broke out into rashes on her neck n body for the next few days.. Its the fake measles.. I tried to maintain calm and apply her normal moisturiser .. Her eczema joined in too.. But went off together after awhile.. She was abit crabky that few nights due to the itch of the rash i guess.. Woke up to cry.. :p

Kawaii88

Experience Nanny/Babysitter @ commonwealth Drive
I'm a 42 yrs old, full time Chinese housewife .
Able to speak Chinese and simple English.
Experience in taking care of infants for the past 14 yrs.
Available from Mondays to Fridays 10 hrs/day.
I have 3 teenagers, ages are as follow, 16,17 and 19.
Non Smoking and No pet environment.Many Thanks!

Tannie

Lingz12, I think it pay off for the LC. She really spend time explaining n let u practice with ur baby. The foc consultation is brief n in a rush...

Now my breast ia not engored so I think bb is drinking fine.

Tannie

I also fewl soreness more from piles... bleed when I pass motion... applying cream n hope it goes away... will remove it once I can.

Piglim

Hmm I tot 2nd time mummies #2 baby will come out faster... Now I m alrdy 38wks 1 day still no sign of baby coming out. My tummy is really feeling very heavy.. When I sit down I need to open my legs wide so that my tummy can rest on e chair-can u believe this?

CharChia

lol... I spend the same amount of time in the labour ward for no.1 and no.2... lol... just that no.1 is assisted delivery and no.2 is natural..

ST Woo

Piglim, I'm 38 weeks. I also need to open my legs to sit cannot close. My tummy also very tight and heavy. I will be on leave starting on 15 May. Very easily sleepy and tired. I told my baby to let me work till I on leave. Yesterday my tummy super hard but no contraction so far. Baby like keep pushing downwards....Jia you!

ST Woo

Hmm I tot 2nd time mummies #2 baby will come out faster... Now I m alrdy 38wks 1 day still no sign of baby coming out. My tummy is really feeling very heavy.. When I sit down I need to open my legs wide so that my tummy can rest on e chair-can u believe this?
When is your next gynae review?

Piglim

St woo my next appt is on wed afternoon... Wah u slpy? I want to slp also cannot slp. Tired physically but eyes wide open ESP at night. I m working till I deliver.. So hoping that the timing comes at e right time. I even standby a towel in my car in case water bag suddenly burst.

Nowadays weather like haywire.. Tot May supposed to be the hottest month but it's been cloudy n rainy lately.. But weather still feels hot.

meltie

Hey piglim, i'm at 39 weeks 4 days and no signs of labor! Gosh.. Also thought #2 will be earlier... Bb is already v low, v big, bearing down and all the soreness down there is making me so tired and slow.. I also cannot really close my legs.. Sit down my tummy is rubbing on my thighs.. After meals, i can't move! :p when i stand up, feel muscles all sore underneath.. Sigh.. Maybe i am destined to carry both my babies to 40 weeks full term... :p #1 came on exactly on edd....

Yes its super humid and hot these days.. Sweating like mad, despite bathing twice a day, i still sweat until got heat rash.. Haiz.. Nv sweated so much in my 1st pregnancy..

Tonight i'm feeling even heavier and spine seems more strained out and giving way.. Not sure if its a sign... :p i'm still busy taking care of my #1 who is super cranky and fussy tonight.. She fussed n cry rolling all over til she vomitted .. Had to clean up the mess and hubby bathe her , now trying to put her to slp... Zzz its a long day...

Jiayou mummies who are still waiting ! And to all in confinement, hang in there!

Hi meltie and lingz
thanks for sharing!
My girl took the MMR and pneumoccocal together today which means fever can strike anytime from now to next 10 days...
She took the jabs like a warrior!! No feeling haha I hope she wont get fever nor those rashes aka fake measles coz she also has eczema issue which may make it worse if she really gets it..

lingz.. yah wow yr dilation so fast!! anyway hope your piles get better soon..
meltie.. haha waiting for the grand arrival!! =)

By the way, for 1st time mummies are are in confinement or gg into confinement..
can read about what i share about confinement from my own experience coz my girl arrive also in May last year. Really hot but haha i think all the sweat made me slim down sooo fast... and okay I din take confinement food as not suitable for my constitution and also bb jaundice, doc advise to avoid since i bf.. i only eat food that are cooked in sesame oil which i find so heaty already..

And So Mummy Says..: Mummy Matters: CONFINEMENT - Food and Drinks

Piglim

Huh? How can u be bored? When I was doing my confinement I was like super bz. Every 3hrs pump milk, then got massage session. Then look n play with baby then slp as much as I can. And u hv to plan the baby shower. Draft out e list of people, look for the cakes..etc.. To me that's alot of things!! Just tolerate for that 1mth la.

I m now feeling super bored also. Want to go out but dunno where I should go.. Haiz dun dare to go too far wait water bag burst... Home alone with #1.

Melancholy

Hi mummies, didn't manage to come in here due to busy taking care of my girl. Today is my postpartum day 5 and my milk came in yesterday.

my breast feels so pain when i press on them. And there's something hard on my right breast. Having difficulty latching my girl mainly cause i don't know how? Am I having blocked ducts?

have tried to pump out but i think i'm too lazy already. I only pump out once a day :x

btw if call LC to help are they very expensive?

Have started to bottle-feed her fm since the day i got discharged and i feel so depressed whenever she's drinking fm, afraid that she will get nipple confusion :(

but when i latch her i have to keep finding ways to put in her mouth cause my breast and nipple are very big. Sigh