EDD May 2014 (maybe)

sherin86

My bad exp was with the nurse there.lol.I rmb when I was in labour pain. The nurse scold me for moving ard.and the nurse dun allow my husband to see the bb come out.my hubby was upset tt he can't see the first moment once bb is out.

Lingz12

sherin86, tat's really bad! why did the nurse not allow ur hubby to see ur baby come out? I tot hubbies are allowed in the delivery ward? ur gynae din help u? did u complain later? I guess I was pretty lucky then.. the nurse was quite friendly and smiley.. she did nag at me wen I move around too much cos I tried sitting up and turning from side to side to combat the pain (even with epidural!).. and towards the end wen I went almost hysterical and begging her to up the epidural dosage, she refused to cos she says the bb is descending so I really shouldn't be upping the dosage now as they need me to feel e pain to push.. at tat point, I did hate her a bit.. haha.. otherwise, she's real nice.. I did hear of other unhappy encounters with the nurses at TMC too.. I hope this time, I would be lucky again and get myself another friendly nurse..

My gynae delivers either at mt A or gleneagles but we haf not decided on which hospital yet.... Maybe might go with gleneagles as her clinic is at gleneagles too.

btw, need sm advises from mummies here, do your experience like tightening on and off at your tummy? I experience tt on and off at very low abdomen and smtimes near the belly button area but when I realise it starts to tighten, I will start to move abit or adjust my sitting position...then slowly it will subside...it's not painful but just feel abit weird feeling for that short while.

Last edited:

Lingz12

Kan Cheong Mummy.. the tightening u feel is contraction of the uterus.. at least tat's wat my gynae told me.. I realise it happens wen I change position suddenly e.g. suddenly lying down from a sitting position.. and yes, wen I shift my position a little like turn on my side, the feeling will go away.. wen I told my gynae she said it's ok.. but she told me to be more gentle, dun change positions so suddenly.. these kind of contractions are generally harmless but if we experience like more than 10times a day then it might bring along preterm labour.. so be more gentle ya?

meltie

Meltie.. wat I heard is it's ok to move house and bed and all.. BUT it is best tat u not be around when they are shifting those furniture ard.. Go take a walk or sth wen they are shifting then it shld b fine..

And I jus came back from gynae's! She pointed out there's sth jutting out between the legs and commented that she thinks it's a bird bird! So we may be having a boy! But she says boys are a little trickier cos the sth jutting out may not always be a bird bird.. Though she says she's 90% sure it's a boy, she say on the 10% chance that it's not, we shld nt tell e grandparents first.. Until everything is confirmed at the 20wk detailed scan.. :)

Oh.. And my edd has been brought forward to 6May! I was telling hubby tat bb may hav a chance of sharing his bdae on 1May!
Wow Lingz12! So early! haha ya you may have your labor on labor day! lol! Wah gd that got something jutting out! Ya detailed scan will confirm it.. coz it may also be the umbilic cord.. sigh my gynae was being abit more polite and political.. she says she seem to see nothing and say let's put a question mark instead.. lol so its a 'girl?'...

meltie

Jus curious whivh hospital will u be delivering? I tot of goin to mount A as I dun hv good experience in TMC.
Tannie, i delivered at Gleneagles previously and was not bad.. all quite nice and helpful.. :) I may go back there.. but my 1st choice has always been mt A.. but they were undergoing construction like mad.. now still not done right.. and their beds always full.. my friend had to slp on a kids bed! and stay in pediatric ward, but pay same rate! Legs jutting out of that small bed liao! And twin share too!

My new house is at amk and will be nearer if i deliver at mt A.... sooo i'm still deciding.. my gynae goes both sides... but her clinic in gleneagles.. so its sort of better as she can drop by easier... :)

Aiyo Sherin86, ur experience really bad.. already so stressed still kenna scolded and hubby cannot see?? priceless moment leh..

Kan cheong mummy, gleneagles is nice, and their wards are spacious.. mt A only got 1 little corridor.. and nursery may not be at same level.. so baby keeps taking the lift?! haha when i was at gleneagles, my baby was in the same ward nursery.. can go see anytiime but i didn't.. only hubby went.. i just paged for nurse to bring baby.. food not bad.. i was already discharged but had to pump milk for my bb in nicu.. so i overstayed in the ward to pump and had no lunch.. coz last day lunch not provided.. the nurses lent me their pump, passed me glass bottles to store milk, told me to take my time to rest and pump and pack.. the food auntie saw me hungry and went kitchen to find an extra tray of confinement lunch and passed me to eat! Yums! Super nice la.. :) But gleneagles more ex than mt A... :p

meltie

My gynae delivers either at mt A or gleneagles but we haf not decided on which hospital yet.... Maybe might go with gleneagles as her clinic is at gleneagles too.

btw, need sm advises from mummies here, do your experience like tightening on and off at your tummy? I experience tt on and off at very low abdomen and smtimes near the belly button area but when I realise it starts to tighten, I will start to move abit or adjust my sitting position...then slowly it will subside...it's not painful but just feel abit weird feeling for that short while.
Yup i experience some tightening.. like cramping.. its normal i guess.. just the muscles expanding and contracting.. baby growing inside.. :)

Wah today baby kicked abit more.. fluttering alot.. esp when i change positions.. :p

And.. don't know why.. i had a sudden dizzy spell and saw the world spinning.. thank God i was holding on to my stroller ..... strange..

Meltie,

ur ur gynae is at gleneagles also? What's her/his name?

I experienced giddy spell abt 2 sat back also...went out wif my hubby and maybe coz I was in the sun for a while too...as we walk along...I start to feel uncomfortable n start to seem to black out...quickly sat down at a taxi stand nearby and took a sweet...after I felt better...went to a Mac nearby and take sm hot milo...after tt went straight home and cancel all other activities...lucky my hubby was wif me tt day...

actually i still dunno how it feels when the baby move...sm say bubble feeling sm say fluttering...but I dunno how to tell...haha

Melancholy

I felt some obvious movement while i was sitting down just now. Like i can see my tummy suddenly move! And my hubby felt it too :)

Tannie

My experience was ok up till after birth. As I vomitted after birth I felt hungry n thirsty so I asked for milo. I asked from 3 different pax but it did not arrive at all, so I got to bear with it till nxt day morn breakfast. During night feed, my baby was sent to me n I found that there is dried blood clot on both hands, I don't know how she got injured... Thn they never bother to push the baby back, leaving me carrying her from 3am to 6 am... I was told not to get down the bed after delivery till next morn so I got to carry my gal on my bed...

Early morn when I jus dozed off, the nursery nurse came to me n wake me up to tell me that the wound on my gal hands r not caused by them, she said they saw the wound the moment she is pushed to nursery.... My husband n I recalled my gynea counting my gal's fingers n we dun see any bleeding, and after that the delivery nurses wrap her up in towel n carried her to nursery... Now my gal's hands are left with scars... Thou small n fade but still heart pain.

During the stay I m warded at the bed nearer to the door, the nurses never bother to draw my curtain fully n they dun close the door, so every time I got to get down to draw the curtain, else ppl walk pass will peek... Hate it when I was breast feeding... Luckily my hubby is with me most of the time to help.

On the day of checking out, they were so short handed that they got no one at the counter. One of the nurse carrying my baby is looking for staffs with my gal in her hand n there is once she swing open the door to look for staffs, my husband heart bit skipped cause it almost hit my gal's head.

If not for the bad experience, I would like to stay at TMC too cause my gynea clinic is there...

Tannie

Sherin86, y is ur hubby not allow to see? My hubby is beside me all the while...

Meltie, sleeping at twin children bed is terrible, I will take their hospital tour before deciding... Went there to visit my sis in law n prefer the environment much more thn TMC.

Wow u mummies alrdy feeling ur baby, I dun remember I felt my baby this early last time. Even for this #2, I still hv not feel anything... Maybe my stomach fats too thick to feel haha

ST Woo

Hi, just to update my visit to my gyne for my polyps. Same thing he don't advise to remove it now, it will be there till I delivered. He want me to rest in bed and not to work. I discussed with my hubby and he leave it me to decide. Haiz.... I just extend another 2 weeks NPL to monitor my polyps hopefully it doesn't bleed. My gyne advise me not to wipe after urinating to wash it instead. The bleed might due to the fiction when I wipe it. I will still face the yellow discharge but he said is alright. So I have to tahan first.

meltie, Tannie & Ja13,
Happy for all of you got new hse to stay. Much be very excited and busy at the same time...

My 1st pregnancy was at Mt A. My experience there is good. The nurses are friendly. I'm comfortable to deliver at there. However, this time my gyne only go to Thomson medical center cos Mt A carpark having reno so very inconvenient to find parking hence, my gyne don't go Mt A. So I got only next choice that is TMC.

I'm not 14 weeks plus still cannot see the gender. Have to wait for my next review which is on 17 dec. For me, I don't wish to see any bird bird jutting out...haha...

Ya, I also feel some cramp when I change my position. I can feel my baby movement too.

ST Woo

I also experienced that sometimes when I got up of bed I find my vision was blurred too. So I'm thinking maybe I got up of the bed too fast.

ST Woo

Tannie, your experience at TMC was so bad. I'm a bit worry now cos I cannot choice other hospital to deliver only Thomson medical center. Hopefully, they have improve their service.

Tannie

Oh STWoo, take good care n rest well.

So far I dun hear bad comments abt mount a... so shld be quite good.

My hubby dun like the parking at TMC too cause they will park at opp car park if no lots at the bldg... quite trouble some to retrieve the car n he dun like ppl to drive his precious....

I experienced black out in first trimester once. Scare the shit out of my hubby. My fil worst, call n tell my sil n also told his neighbour....

Melancholy

Usually at what position are u all able to feel baby's movement?

Mine is when i'm sitting down on chair or when i'm lying down flat on my back.

Lingz12

oh Tannie.. ur experience at tmc is v bad too! I would oso b v upset if I were u.. sighz..

yeah.. parking at tmc is horrible.. wen we go for gynae appts, we usually park at the heavy vehicle carpark and walk over.. treat it as exercise lor.. except the delivery part jiu leave for valet to park.. but fetching the car after checkout takes sooooo long!

for #1, I mus felt bb move ard 18wks.. and it's obvious movement of tummy.. this time round, I first felt the bb at 15wks.. felt tummy move too.. but once onli.. smetimes I was tinking could it be jus muscle twitching and nt bb? ppl say second time mummies can feel their bb much better.. but im still clueless.. haha..

ST Woo

Melancholy, I can feel my baby movement when I'm lying flat on my back or when I sit down after I ate somthing sweet I can feel my baby move.... +_+