EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Melancholy

Sigh i've been down with flu since wednesday. Been sneezing a lot now :(

sometimes got the want to sneeze but can't sneeze feeling. Will make me have teary eyes after that.

my next appointment is next thursday, need to check if baby have turn her head down anot.

meltie

take care mummies! i also have itchy tummy.. Stretch marks appearing.. Hmm now nose stuffy again.. Zzz

ya this pregnancy like nothing is prepared.. Wait n wait.. sigh have not even thought and decided on a name! hubby like don't bother.. Every night go to study room and game till 3am or 4am.. Never even come n talk to listen to bb.. Also seldom talk to me.. He just says he's busy with school n project.. End up always see him playing his GTA 5.... Sighhh i say him until i pek chek every night.. Wake up to pee will peep n see him on his game.. :/ oh well maybe he is trying to play as much in view that he can't play when 2nd baby comes? Haiz hubby woes

ST Woo

Hi meltie, during our pregnancy is like this. My hubby come home will help to heat up the food, wash cloth and play with our boy.after work he also very tired. When I company my boy to sleep, he will have his free time to watch tv show. So we also hardly talk. Hopefully after we deliver will be okay.

Guess

Same Pinch Miso. Lets see who can make it early...lol

Recently I also noticed that there are red scratch like thing in my lower belly. I cant see it straight away but with the help of mirror down. Is it stretch marks? no itching.

And yes am sweating like pig now. I am also worried how I and baby gona cope in May.

BTW, Is it compulsory to swaddle baby for first few weeks? I have got some muslin swaddling cloth but not sure if I should use it or not. weather so hot. I will be using Aircon but myself cant stand aircon for long time. What should be the temperature of aircon for baby room? This is my first baby and as the day passes by I feel so unsure of myself if I will be able to take care of baby properly. So many questions, I just feel helpless.

CharChia

hi guess, no worries a lot of people will give u advice.... for no.1, I also stayed in aircon room throughout confinement... just dun blow at bed n baby n temp I set at 25...

I only swaddle my no.1 for about a month. it gives them the security... plus some say it is to let them keep their hands and legs to themselves... next time not many hands...

Tannie

It's good to swaddle baby for first few months, give them sense of security. It is said tht baby not scare of warm cause when they r in our tummy, it's also warm. Beside we sure sleep in aircon room at night, baby will not catch cold. I find muslim clothes is good enough, not too thick, some swaddle cloth too thick n ex.

Guess

Thanks Charchia and Tannie for clearing my doubts. I am going through this thread every day and reading every post just in case I don't miss any important information. You guys are all so helpful.

BTW, whats with coconut water, some have started drinking it and some haven't started yet. I am also drinking coconut water twice or thrice every week but just because its very hot. Am I missing something?

CharChia

coconut water is considered very cooling thus not advisable to drink during the first and second trimester...

third trimester is ok as the baby is more stable... but some say it is too cooling and might induce premature birth... anyway there is alot of benefits of drinking coconut juice during pregnancy...

I guess it is up to individual... I m also drinking coconut juice quite often recently... about twice a week... previous pregnancy I drank almost everyday also... coz they say the birth will be cleaner and less blood... lol

I guess

Tannie

Yes, hot weather n craving for coconut juice but my hubby is not letting me drink. .. he said too early. ..
Btw, any mummy know how is contraction like? I keep having tightening feeling at tummy area, is it contraction?

Lingz12

Tannie, the tightening sensation is likely braxton hicks.. quite common during 3rd trimester I tink.. ive been getting it lately too.. I rem reading somewhere tat if u switch position, get up or havr a drink and the feeling goes away, it is likely braxton hicks.. but if it doesnt go away no matter wat u do, then likely contractions le.. I dun hav much experience with contractions too.. hahaha.. cos my #1 was induced.. and the contractions came hard and fast during labour.. those slowly build up kind of contractions, im realli nt familiar.. haha.. scarly the real thing comes and im still blur.. oh but I rem my gynae said better not to have too much of these false contractions cos it's actualli contraction of the uterus.. too much of it could lead to premature labour.. so better check with gynae if e braxton hicks are too regular for comfort..

Guess, those red lines u see on ur tummy? Unfortunately, they are stretch marks.. welcome to the club.. hahaha.. I have too many to count.. red ones from #1 which turned to glistening horrifying silver lines.. and fresh red ones from this pregnancy.. argh! Our battle scars.. and actualli stretch marks wun realli itch unless ur skin realli stretch too much la.. or if there are rashes on ur tummy.. for my first pregnancy, I have v bad rashes on the stretch marks.. realli scratch like mad..

Guess

yes Lingz12, it seems to be stretch marks :-( Until now i was so glad that I did not get any stretch marks and all of a sudden one day i saw these red lines and after some research figured out that its stretch marks. My heart broke. I thought I am one lucky girl who is not gona have stretch marks ......hehhehehe....anyways now m happy ...this proves that m ready for the battle :)

Last Thursday I went for my follow up i.e in 34 weeks, now my next appointment is in next 4 weeks time. Is it common to have such a long gap in last stage of pregnancy. I was expecting frequent check up in this stage. Also how many of you ladies are taking prenatal vitamin? I asked my doctor so many times but she said that if i am eating right then I don't need to take additional vitamins. Sometimes I feel her to be too laid back in my case.

Thanks

Lingz12

Oh mine is bi-weekly appt with gynae from 32 wks onwards.. and once 38 wks, shld b one week once.. 4 wks gap for ur case seems rather long.. did u ask ur gynae why? I was prescribed multivit, calcium (cos I cant take milk) and fish oil since 2nd trimester.. but I din take them everyday cos keep forgetting.. haha.. but it's true tat if u hav a balanced diet, u wun need these supplements..

Piglim

Hi ladies.. Went for a staycation at Sentosa Beaufort hotel over the wkend n it was so fun but exhausting. Trying my very best to spend more time with my 1st before #2 pops out. I m actually hving cold feet thinking bout it alrdy. Maybe I m a perfectionist. Wants everything to be fair, best and all. But it seems quite difficult to fulfil that becos I m a full time working mum. Unlike most of u I only hv 2 mths maternity leave-family biz so that's e most I can take. When I had my #1, I cried on my way to work in e train. Was so tough then.

But separation anxiety kicked in again today. Today is my son's 1st day in sch. Was actually anticipating to this day but when I saw how other kids r so rough, snatch the toy my son was playing, how there r 13 kids and 3 teachers but still no one saw my son was being slapped by this stupid African gal. I just kept staring at her. Yeah I was with my son the whole day but I try my best not to get involved so that I can see how the teachers handle. Of cos I can't expect them to pay 100% attention on my son but u know every kid is mother's precious. Tot the gal came up to talk or make friend with my son.. Totally didnt expect her to slap my son. My poor boy just looked at her blankly.. He's so timid n gentle.. Sigh... I did complain to the manager of the sch though. Anw when he took his nap I left him for few hours (I was still in e sch area though) then during tea time I watched him from outside. He was quiet.. Didnt want to eat the bread.. But when he saw me he called out n tears rolled down his cheeks.. It was really tough seeing that sight n I rushed by his side immediately.. He nv ever done that before. Well then again I m always by his side.. Even now as I m typing this I feel like I m so evil.. Put him under such condition. Sigh.. I know I need to b "Ren Xin" but it's really tougher than I thot...

Hubby doing his reservist so sadly he can't see this sight too.. He was sad when I told him bout this though. Guess I m overly attached to my son....

anw to mummy GUESS query.. My gynae gave me prenatal vit, fish oil n calcium since 1st trim. Now in 32wks gynae seeing me every 3 wks but I think by 34wks she will narrow e appt gap. But I think as long as ur gynae feels ur bb is doing Gd then he will judge how frequent n what u shld eat bah. It's actually a torture eating those pills everyday but thankfully now my son feeds me the pills every night n kinda enjoys it. He is e one who reminds me actually haha..

Stretchmarks r annoying.. When I had my 1st I totally didnt hv any lines.. Gynae still cemented I m
So luckily.. BUT after giving birth like a wk later e lines came out! I was sooo horrified! So after that I concluded no amt of cream can prevent e marks. If they come they'll come. Now with my #2 baby the lines worsen! Like how meltie describes... Sigh.. We mummies do sacrifice alot don't we? Slpless nights, ugly marks, ugly tummy.. No time for shoping facial massage this n that. - well it's possible depending on how much time u want to spend with ur child though. I m one who rather forsake all my personal life for my son. Really don't wanna miss his growing moments.

My appetite hasn't been Gd lately. Mayb too tired or maybe think too much. Slp left or right also dun feel Gd.

I m left with 50 more days! Sounds alot but time really flies! Most of u quite Gd Le.. All early may edd.. Also dunno I shld b envious or wat. If too early means lesser time with my son n hubby.. Too late I n suffering.. Stomach really damn heavy..

MommySg

Congrats all mommies here! I just delivered in Jan 2014 myself and I kind of miss being pregnant and the days leading up to the Big Day. It’s so weird. During the waiting days, I can’t wait to pop. Once it’s over, I miss everything and do not mind going through all over again (except the pain thou).

MommySg Maternity Nursing Bras Pants Kidswear