EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Lingz, hubby and I have been talking to bb :)
haha...so much that not sure if he will be wondering why mummy and daddy suddenly so chatty anot =p

viann2

Hello mummies, just wondering if any of you experience stomach tightening/cramps until it is very painful? I'm not sure how contractions feels like so I'm just worried it is something like this. It is quite frequent but not very constant like how i heard a contraction should be?

I just went for my gynae appointment and all he says is "See you next week". Never tell me if baby is engaged or not, never take the gpa test too.

Keep feeling very paranoid like the baby is coming anytime but my gynae like not worried at all lol.

Lingz12

rubylps9657:868869 said:
Lingz, hubby and I have been talking to bb :)
haha...so much that not sure if he will be wondering why mummy and daddy suddenly so chatty anot =p
I have oso been toking to bb leh.. I say if u dun come out on ur own, doc is gg to pull u out next tue no matter u like it or not.. hahaha.. but no use so far..

Lingz12

viann2:868875 said:
Hello mummies, just wondering if any of you experience stomach tightening/cramps until it is very painful? I'm not sure how contractions feels like so I'm just worried it is something like this. It is quite frequent but not very constant like how i heard a contraction should be?

I just went for my gynae appointment and all he says is "See you next week". Never tell me if baby is engaged or not, never take the gpa test too.

Keep feeling very paranoid like the baby is coming anytime but my gynae like not worried at all lol.
Viann2, tat sounds like contractions to me leh.. did u start timing the intervals? If it's braxton hicks, it shld nt be v painful and if u walk or drink or eat sth.. it shld go away.. if the pain keeps coming back no matter wat u do.. tat's contractions I tink.. time it.. call ur gynae.. he will prob ask u to go down let him check or ask u to admit urself, esp if the interval is v frequent like u say.. contractions are nt constant actualli.. they are supposed to get more frequent.. jia you!

shanice99

Keep feeling very paranoid like the baby is coming anytime but my gynae like not worried at all lol.[/QUOT
Went for my 38 week appt today and my GBA test is negative. Phew. :) my doc also nv said if my baby v low etc. but he says anytime can deliver. My baby is engaged. And I will c him next fri lo. Will back work next mon le. Dun have to anticipate baby to come out. If ur baby wants to come out. She will come out one. I asked if water bag got space? He says inside still got space to grow..baby weights at 3.1 kg plus minus. ;) though I nv gain weight since last week.

Melancholy

I'm taking to my baby everyday now too. Asking her when she wants to come out? Getting more and more anxious as days pass by.

xiongmao

hey mummies, I went to the hospital yesterday night after my contractions became more frequent. Turns out my dilation was only 1cm and I was sent home with painkillers. Sigh!

viann2

Lingz12:868878 said:
Viann2, tat sounds like contractions to me leh.. did u start timing the intervals? If it's braxton hicks, it shld nt be v painful and if u walk or drink or eat sth.. it shld go away.. if the pain keeps coming back no matter wat u do.. tat's contractions I tink.. time it.. call ur gynae.. he will prob ask u to go down let him check or ask u to admit urself, esp if the interval is v frequent like u say.. contractions are nt constant actualli.. they are supposed to get more frequent.. jia you!
Thanks Lingz12! Actually I just went to visit my gynae this morning and he told me the tightening is normal. He's always rushing through the check up so I didn't really get to ask him properly. Maybe because I'm more of a petite frame so it will hurt when my stomach tighten. It comes and go every day leh, doesn't get more and more frequent. Maybe I'll know when my water bag burst hahahha.

viann2

Shanice99, Is this GBA test optional? I also just went for my 38 week appointment today but never went through this test. Haha yeaa, maybe I'm too anxiously waiting for him to come out already, since it's getting more and more uncomfortable. My baby weighs 3.3kg now, and my gynae said if he gets any bigger I might not be able to deliver through natural, have to csect. :(

shanice99

Shanice99, Is this GBA test optional? I also just went for my 38 week appointment today but never went through this test. Haha yeaa, maybe I'm too anxiously waiting for him to come out already, since it's getting more and more uncomfortable. My baby weighs 3.3kg now, and my gynae said if he gets any bigger I might not be able to deliver through natural, have to csect. :(
I am not sure if the GBA test is optional or not. He asked me to do this test then I do loh. Ur gynae shd b able to know if u need to do this test or not ba. 3.3 kg is average size rite? U r getting uncomfortable means? I am also waiting for my baby to come out naturally, which my gynae cannot advise me when is she coming out.

jeslow

Hi viann2, i'm also petite at 1.48m..my gynae told me that i may have difficulty if baby's weight goes beyond 3.2kg..currently my baby is 2.9kg at 38 weeks, so hopefully she wont get too big for me to push her out naturally..hehe

Dear mummies here!
I was told by charchia that there are quite a number of mummies having #2 here. I am planning on #2 now that my #1 is 1 yr old! =) i am working and my #1 is attending infant care since 4mth old and she will be moving to toddler class this december. Am just worried about how to care for her if I get pregnant especially when need to carry her.
Any other mummies with the same situation? i will be scrolling along to read and see if I can catch previous discussion abt #2s. Pls share with me your experiences!!

gniy

hi all! just seen the gynae today at my 36 weeks checkup - baby is engaged and not dilated yet. did the GBA test today and will know the result in a week's time. my gynae recommended me to do more half squats and like what you all have been suggesting - to walk more and climb more stairs for an easier labour :) maybe you can try that too if you can manage that.

viann2

jeslow:868952 said:
Hi viann2, i'm also petite at 1.48m..my gynae told me that i may have difficulty if baby's weight goes beyond 3.2kg..currently my baby is 2.9kg at 38 weeks, so hopefully she wont get too big for me to push her out naturally..hehe
Haha! I'm at 1.5cm so I guess we're having the same problem! Hopefully both of us can go through natural delivery. Jiayou!

viann2

shanice99:868948 said:
I am not sure if the GBA test is optional or not. He asked me to do this test then I do loh. Ur gynae shd b able to know if u need to do this test or not ba. 3.3 kg is average size rite? U r getting uncomfortable means? I am also waiting for my baby to come out naturally, which my gynae cannot advise me when is she coming out.
Actually what is this test for? Maybe my gynae thinks that I don't need it. 3.3kg is average, but considered big for my size.

mrsjlim

Hi mummies, my mucus plug has came off just now but there is no blood show, should I be admitted to hospital now or can wait until the blood show or water break? TIA! Omg , I'm getting nervous and excited !

miso

Omg mrsjlim! Think u r next! Better to go hospital to check things out? I have no idea as I'm a first time mum.

i have been feeling extremely thirsty since last evening and this thirst has kept me up almost all night. Can't sleep now so came here to read thru the thread. I dun understand. Been drinking water since last evening but the thirst dun seem to wanna go away. Google results all came back with gestational diabetes but can one develop gestational diabetes at 39weeks? Think I'll ask my gynae tomorrow. Feeling worried.